NARS Cosmetics Liquid Blush

NARS Cosmetics Liquid Blush
Liquid BlushLiquid BlushLiquid Blush

4.5

Dimethicone, Water, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Propanediol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isostearic Acid, Vanilla Tahitensis Fruit Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Tocopherol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Bis-hydroxyethoxypropyl Dimethicone/PEG-2 Soyamine/IPDI Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide

on 10/9/2018 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

These are the BEST liquid blushes I've ever tried. They are suuuuper intensely colored and you only need a drop for both cheeks. They can be blended out easily with fingers but I prefer the sponge (because they're actually a bit TOO intense if you use fingers). The finish is dewy and super natural, like you're glowing from within. I can't get enough of this product and I've been using it daily for months.

Note on the packaging - I bought the blush back when there was no pump available for it and I hated the glass stick dropper. You can't control how much comes out and you just have to wait for some product to drip on to your hand or your finger. That's really the only con with this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this a lot. I’m NC25-30 and purchased Luster. It gives me a nice flushed look without looking too much. It doesn’t fade on me. I have no problem with the pump. One pump is enough for both cheeks.

on 9/10/2018 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm NC10 with yellow undertones and I went for the luster shade which is by far the least intense one. Unlike a lot of reviewer I think you can control the amount pretty well with the pump I do a bit less than half a pump and that's enough for both cheeks. This is a nice matte apricot shade. The staying power is great and it does melt into your foundation. I sometimes mix it with a bit of liquid highlighter or strobe cream for a sheer apricot glow. It applies well with a stippling brush but I find that fingers are best. This shade is matte but not flat and a bit muted. It also looks great under bronzer. If they weren't so big I would probably get a second one, but I doubt I could ever finish this one before it goes bad.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have a hard time getting blush to last even though I don't really have oily skin so I wanted a liquid/cream blush to layer with my powder blushes. There doesn't seem to be much selection here in Canada so this was one of my only options. I have this in Orgasm as well as the powder version, and I find the liquid packs way more of a punch. It's incredibly pigmented and I find I have to pump the tiniest bit on to my fingertips and dab on to my cheeks otherwise it's way too much. It applies really well over my foundation and powder without lifting anything underneath and I do find the color fades a bit after a few minutes to look more natural.

I think they could improve the packaging and pump, it's very bulky and it's just too pigmented. If it was toned down a bit it would be a lot easier to apply without worrying about overdoing it or wasting product. Because you need so little I think this will expire long before you're able to use it all. They also could expand the shade range as right now there are only 4 shades available. At the end of the day this did not help keep my blush lasting all day so I won't repurchase.

on 7/23/2018 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It took me forever and a day to try these out – but when I finally did, WOW!

I never thought I would elevate a liquid/creamy blush to HG status, so what a surprise how much I love these. I first purchased Orgasm and fell in makeup love so hard, I ran out the next day and grabbed Dolce Vida. These glide on smoothly over or under powder (major plus!) – they blend and sheer easily and can also be built up. The shades are super opaque, and they wear easy 6-8 hrs on me, if not more. These do not emphasize texture at all, and are basically liquid to powder in formulation, yet never look drab and dry, nor do they end up a greasy mess. The formulation is a bit hard to describe – it almost looks (prior to shaking the bottle) as if there is oil in this. I find these to be interesting, unique, innovative, and beautiful in color and performance.
I loathe the powder form of Orgasm – nothing like this shade IMO as this one isn’t a full on glittery mess and the shade of pink doesn’t seem the same either. I can apply this with fingers easily (again, under or over makeup) and get a flawless finish, or a beauty blender. Dolce Vida is a bit darker and sort of a dusty rose shade, so I prefer to use a beauty blender and/or stippling brush.

There are indeed some cons to this product though… #1: Price. I do find these are way overpriced at $30 each. I also find the pump dispenses far too much product, and a lot of this goes to waste. On the other hand, it would prob. take ages to get through this bottle (or equivalent to hitting pan). That’s another con I suppose: this stuff will likely turn/go bad before its even close to used up.

These are great to try if you have dry skin and are on the hunt for “healthy glow” blushers. Shade wise, Orgasm is the most unique, as even though Dolce Vida is lovely, it can be easily duped in shade (not formulation though!). I say try one, as these are pricey – and grab the shade that’s more unique/less dupeable.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

Although I like this blushes, I'm still wondering why NARS discontinued the cream ones. They had a better color variety in the cream (from very light/neutral in "Penny Lane" to very vibrant in " Cactus Flower"; but I digress, the liquid blush is a very pigmented blush. And like the cream blushes, it doesn't lift my foundation and blends effortlessly in the skin. Initially I purchased Torrid and Dolce Vita but both were not exactly what I was looking for and exchanged them for Orgasm. I have light medium skin with yellow undertone and Orgasm has a beautiful coral pink shade with the right amount of gorgeous sparkly deliciousness. The packaging is "very NARS" and it has a good pump one of those you can easily control to not get too much product out. I recommend this and will repurchase again.

on 4/19/2018 4:41:00 PM

Love at first sight. Half a pump is enough for both cheeks and somehow it looks even BETTER as the day goes on. It kind of melts into your skin and I was amazed how good it looked after 9 hours. It is a silicone-based liquid so FYI for anyone who is sensitive. I have Torrid but I'm debating Dolce Vita next because that's one of the all-time great lipsticks.
$30 at Sephora.com for a 0.5 ounces of product in a frosted glass pump bottle.

I have two NARS liquid blushes - Orgasm and Torrid and I love them both equally. I've tried the powder version of Orgasm and I liked it when it was 'the' blush to wear but my tastes have changed over time, primarily because what suited me in my younger years doesn't flatter me in my mature years. The liquid version of this blush isn't as glittery as the powder form and the staying power is superior.

These blushes are very pigmented so a little goes a long way. I find one pump more than enough. Speaking of the pump packaging, it's easy to squeeze too much product if you're not careful so use caution.
The formula is superb and blends easily and effortlessly.

Orgasm does have a bit of shimmer whereas Torrid doesn't. I'll wear Torrid in the summer when I like warm, coral toned looks.

Yes, these blushes are expensive and given how little product I use, they will last me for quite some time.
A worthy investment.

I think what shocked me the most was the sticker price. 30 dollars for a blush is just way out of my price range. Don't get me wrong the color and pigmentation are pretty but for thirty dollars? I think it's too expensive.

on 10/12/2017 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The best liquid blush I ever tried...long lasting, pigmented but very subtle, super easy to work with. I think most people are happy with up to one pump for both cheeks. I tend to like it more natural glow so half a pump is good for me. I think the fact that it comes in oil makes it so easy to blend over the foundation or powder with ruining the makeup. I apply the liquid blush with the Real Techniques stippling brush. Super happy with this blush.

Popular Blush Products