Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.4

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to like this so bad! Because it's cheap, I figured I could get it for both evenings out (when I want more coverage) and to mix it with other stuff, for my daily tinted moisturizer (I use sunscreen, foundation, and a bit of shimmer cream to illuminate).

However, it keeps sliding off my face, like if I touch it, there is going to be a finger mark. It doesn't ever set, and feels tacky on the skin unless I use a lot of setting powder. It highlights my imperfections in a really weird way, like dryness I didn't even know was there. It doesn't even play well with others, cause it doesn't matter what I mix it with, it's just going to ruin the other products.

I used it yesterday with a drop of my face shimmer, and after Sunday Riley's tinted primer, and when I came across a mirror I realized with horror that it just looked like a greasy layer on top of my skin. If anything had touched my face, like my sleeve or a tissue, it would just have been wiped off.

I'd like to add that I exfoliate my skin really well every other day, and use acids at night, so it generally have a healthy, smooth and non-clogged skin, which constitutes a good canvas. But if you don't, I would imagine it would be even more of a horror show, which is the opposite of the point of this foundation.

I can't possibly recommend it to anyone. It's cheap, but it's also really, really bad. Don't bother buying.

Edit: couldn't help but notice that The Ordinary used to let people post comments about the products, but as they expanded their selection, they don't anymore. Kind of shady!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Really wanted to like this, because it's so affordable and has natural ingredients. Was also hoping for a light foundation for Summer months, but something that would stop me getting oily in my pesky t-zone. I matched well to the 1.1n (I'm MAC NC15) and I like the way it applies, a little does go a long way and it still feels light on the skin. It also has a semi-matte finish, which is nicer than a flat matte look.However, as soon as I've applied the problems start... it never sets, just feels like it's sitting there on top of my skin. I've tried with and without primer (ordinary's own), with and without powder, and the results are the same. I only have to touch my face and it comes off onto my finger, leaving a nice streak. In a few hours I'm a mess of grease and separated, oxidized foundation. Thankfully I didn't pay more for this, otherwise I'd feel completely swindled by the promises. Maybe it would work for those with drier skin, but definitely not for me.

on 7/14/2017 7:28:00 AM

I do like this product but it doesn't last at all! I have a few foundations that can be a shade too dark after they oxides but if I put this or the serum version over it omg it lasts alllll day won't rub off at all won't cling to dry places (that I don't even have!) honestly mixing this makes a huge difference.
I got the shade 1.1n and 1.0n in the serum and after a few minutes it alters slightly to your skin tone (which it does says on the website) In mac I'm a nc15 and the neutral tone of the 1.1n is perfect.
Don't love it but don't hate it but for the price I'll take it! (£5.90)

on 7/6/2017 11:50:00 AM

I used a foundation matcher to determine my shade (I wear C1 in MAC face & body, or NC 20). I was recommended shade 1.2 and i bought both the neutral and yellow tone.

These foundations are VERY full coverage. Granted, the shades were wayyyy to light for me, but when I applied with a beauty blender, they had a very "mask-like" finish. I'm oily and these made my skin look dry and old. :(

I am willing to try again if I can get the right shade. Will update this review then.

on 7/5/2017 12:29:00 AM

I have combination, acne-prone, sensitive skin with minor wrinkles under my eyes. I was using Revlon Colorstay and wanted to try something with "healthier" ingredients and a better color match.

After putting it on with my fingers, I noticed this foundation clung to my dry patches on my cheeks and forehead. It also settled into my fine lines under the eyes. I loved the color match though as it has many shades for medium yellow undertones. It also gives a medium coverage with one layer...I did not put more layers on.

4 hours later, my T-zone had completely gotten oily and there was no foundation on it. As great as the pricing and packaging was, I will not be repurchasing as I need a long-wearing foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I was really lucky to find the right shade straight away, but ..did not ike it much. It did stick to every single dry patch on my face. Then got better after an hour or so simply because everything did start to get oily. And then it did start to separate. Badly. The sides of my nose were the worst. Medium coverage (I am used to full) .Basically an ok foundation if you are planning to stay out three hours max. Only good point is that it did not break me out , as most foundations do. Will not repurchase and actually gave my two bottles to a friend already. FYI , I am a NC25 in Mac and Sand in Estee Lauder Double Wear and shade 1.2Y was PERFECT.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE: 2.1Y (NC37 for reference)
METHOD OF APPLICATION: sponge
SKIN TYPE: combination

PROS

- medium coverage
- soft matte finish
- easy to blend
- little goes a long way
- long wearing
- does not settle into fine lines
- oil control

CONS

- none

COMMENTS: This...is one beautiful product. Medium coverage with a soft matte finish. It looks natural on, while providing a flawless finish. It's incredibly easy to blend and a little goes a long way. It's long wearing and doesn't settle into fine lines. I didn't think I was going to love this as much as I do, considering there's so many negative reviews on here. I had zero issues with the product. It never broke up, caked up, or looked blotchy after hours of wear. Not to mention, it controlled my oil pretty well. After I set with powder, there's just this flawless velvet like finish. I am curious to see how it would work with the serum foundation added to it. That's always an option for those who didn't like this formula. It's an easy formula to work with, but sometimes you got to do some experimentation.

Will repurchase.

on 6/27/2017 2:17:00 AM

Hmmm I am a NC42. I got the 2.0Y and find it pulls very very yellow. I like everything but that too yellow tint. Normally I can use a yellow foundation but this is extremely yellow. So beware!

on 6/26/2017 5:24:00 PM

It makes me wonder if YouTube beauty gurus are paid to sell a product. I have tried to wear this foundation and every time I am disappointed. it transfers, it becomes patchy and it does not last more than a couple of hours. It looks horrendous on skin. Just a horrible foundation. This is the worst foundation I have ever tried. Regardless of its price I would still expect a semi decent foundation. Nope it is not decent at all. It's not even comparable to our "drug store" brands (us Australians don't use that terminology). It is not worth the price eventhough the price is cheap, that's how bad this stuff is.

Edit: ok girls and guys I tried a different approach for application. I used a silicone based primer I then used my real techniques brush to blend this product out instead of my beauty blender, I then used my Estee Lauder double wear powder on top of it. By doing this the foundation has lasted all day with out it breaking up or disappearing! Infact it looks lovely. It's not a foundation that you can't wear it on its own I believe the Estee Lauder dw powder is what changed this foundation into a wearable and actually decent foundation. For this reason I changed my vote from a 1 to a 3.

on 6/23/2017 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wish I could give this product 2.5 lippies because I think it is truly middle of the road. I bought two of the serum foundations, and two of the high coverage. I bought two colours of each because it's always so hard to tell online. I'm somewhere between NC20 and 25 right now but I have a LOT of freckles, and that makes me look darker even though my neck is quite light.

Wow the Coverage is INCREDIBLY opaque. The texture is quite similar to the serum foundation - a nice thick liquid with a slightly silicone-y feeling and a pretty matte dry-down. The serum foundation is probably half as opaque as the full coverage, however I would say it's at least still a medium coverage foundation.

I got both 1.2YG and 2.0YG - neither are shimmery. They are quite olive toned. Girls who have a hard time finding an olive liquid foundation, I'd suggest you try these!

The 1.2N is the best colour match for me - it's a true light neutral colour. In the summer I'm going to mix the 1.2YG into it to match my tiny little bit of a warm tan on the rest of my body.

Now for the application - it's a bit finicky. You have to use quite little and put it on in very thin layers, otherwise it gets slippy, slidy, and greasy throughout the day. I usually put a very thin light layer on my whole face, then go back in over the chin, nose and inner forehead where I get redness.

I do have to powder and setting spray this formula or else it does wear off in patches like other reviewers have mentioned. But it's not a sticky formula like some - it won't rub off on your hand or anything like that.

To be honest, I can't believe people were so harsh in their reviews considering this is less than $7. It's better than any drugstore liquid foundation that I've tried (that's not discontinued.... RIP many old loves!) and it's cheaper too.