Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.8

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

on 5/2/2018 11:11:00 PM

I love the ordinary line....and i have purchased many items over and over again from it...however, this foundation isn't one of them. Granted, I have about 4 different shade in this foundation when i first wanted to try it out but i wouldn't be buying it again.

I like the fact that this foundation has a very broad shade line and is extremely inexpensive. It's a very thin foundation. Spreads easily on the skin and gives decent coverage. However, this foundation cakes up very badly around the nose area or anywhere that has creasing. Keep in mind i have dry / combo skin.

My gripe with this foundation (well 2) is 1) this foundation doesn't set. it stays wet the entire time and even with powder, it still transfers extremely easily.

2) This also broke me out like crazy... in cystic acne as well as under the skin bumps which never come to a head. They are painful and take weeks to go away.

on 4/24/2018 1:17:00 AM

I bought 2 bottles of the coverage and 2 of the serum (in N 1.0 and N 1.1). This is a bit better than the serum foundation in that it did not feel like a mask on my skin. However, it moved after 2 hours, when other foundations I've used do not budge for 6+ hours. Also, it emphasized lines under my eyes. Would not recommend.

I hate this foundation.
It sits on my skin, and it looks weird after 2 hours.
Would not repurchase.

Being an Ordinary fan, I tried so hard to love this product, I really did... but gosh it's so DRY. It makes me look at least 5 years older, settles into lines and dries up all patchy. I have oily t-zone and dry cheeks & eyes. Even with heavy moisturizer underneath AND mixing it with more moisture, it doesn't go on right, it dries me up so bad. I tried everything; with and without primer, applying with sponge, different brushes, blending it real nicely, using only very little... but no. The only thing that works is when I get oily later in the day, it looks a lot better then, when my skin has been "eating" the foundation away haha. Needless to say I cannot recommend this to anyone with dry or even normal skin.. And if you're oily it won't last all day either. What a shame, since the colour range and price is amazing. I am back to the high end brands :( (sad for my wallet, good for my temper haha)

on 3/17/2018 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love the packaging. Finish is nice.

Not really "full" coverage, more of a medium coverage. Has a weird smell. Transfer easily and do not stay for long.

Not really suitable for oily skin as my face gets really oily after a few hours.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Good coverage and right color for my skin tone. No complaints at all.

This is the most flawless foundation I have ever used, and I currently have 13 foundations. It's beautiful. I use mac nw20 in the winter, and nw25 in the summer, and I purchased 1.2P in the coverage foundation and it's a perfect match. It applies best with a beauty blender, for me personally. The 1st time I applied it is was ASTOUNDED at the finish. I just couldn't stop looking at my skin. It only lasts say, 7 hours, looking pretty dang good, but then it starts to fade. And I've never had a foundation fade so gracefully. No breaking up on my nose or forehead, no rubbing off on my nose, nothing. Just an even fade away. I love it! Oh, and the TO's other skincare products are awesome as well! If Sephora started selling TO's foundation lines, they would become even more rich!

on 2/21/2018 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Pros:
Beautiful real-skin finish
Hides all my freckles but somehow still looks natural
DOES NOT BUDGE
Easy to apply
Does not sink into pores or fine lines
Useful pump bottle
So cheap

Cons:
Implied to be high coverage but it is medium (which I actually prefer but it's a bit sneaky)
Feels a bit drying
Sinks into my (admittedly intense) mouth-nose smile lines. Probably not best for those with deeper wrinkles

It's so weird to me that there are SO MANY bad reviews - I'm even wondering if they changed the formula! I bought it January 2018.
This is the only liquid foundation that has ever worked for me, ever. The Ordinary Coverage foundation looks like my skin, but flawless. You can't even tell I'm wearing foundation, but my skin is smooth and blemish-free. I bought the palest shade and it suits perfectly. I wear it with the High Adherence Primer by TO, and no powder over the top. I actually tried it with powder and it looked very dry. I will try setting spray in the near future. I find this stays all day, and I even have trouble getting it off.

Before trying this foundation, I was literally at a loss. I thought I would never find foundation that looks good on me.
I do have to be honest and say the only non-drugstore foundation I've bought is the Benefit Hello Flawless and it was unbelievably bad. All the others are drugstore, like Rimmel, Maybelline, L'oreal, and nothing has ever worked. Like it doesn't even look like foundation, it's like I've smeared oily-but-dry cream over my face, and it comes straight off if I touch it. Interestingly, the problems I have with all other foundations are what a lot of people seem to be finding with The Ordinary. And I see a lot of reviews that say this is the only thing that works for them, so I'm wondering if it's suited to a very specific skin type.

I have given 4 instead of 5 stars because it's really medium coverage and they imply it's high (although I went back to the site and they don't actually say it outright; they actually say it "avoids a heavy makeup look"). It also feels a bit drying on my skin, though it still looks smooth. I wouldn't recommend it for people with more than medium-dry skin. Given the price I should probably bump it up to a 5 but I almost never give full marks. And it definitely oxidises, but it just happens to oxidise to my perfect skin colour lol

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to like this, but it just sat on the skin, ended up cakey, breaking apart, & didn't last. Im really disappointed. The color match was good though.

For reference my skin tone is NC30-35 with strong yellow undertone. Oily combination skin with acne scar but no active or cystic acne at the moment.

I have been really enjoying this foundation. For the shade to work for me I ordered both 2.0YG and 2.1Y and mix 1.5 pumps of 2.0YG with 0.5 pump of 2.1Y. The coverage is not as full as they intend to but I would say it has a good medium to full coverage. I'm not sure if it's that buildable because this does require more time to set comparing to my others. It blends nicely and stays all day. Granted I have yet tried this in the summer when I'm perpetually drenched in sweat but I do have high hopes for it. It doesn't do much for oil control but nor it claims to be. With some minimal blotting my face looks fresh again. I also really love the price (who doesn't) and the simple and no frills packaging. It comes with a pump with a lock and that's even better for traveling.

The shade range for this is actual,y quite good. The only gripe I have about this is there is quite a big jump between the two seemingly very close shades I purchased. 2.0YG was pretty true to the description with a strong yellow golden tone but 2.1Y all so a sudden seems at least 3 shades darker and very orange. Hopefully they will improve on that.

Overall very amazed and glad I ordered it and already ordered backups for this. Will recommend.