4.4

$30.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

7 months ago

Hard to find a good blush color, isn't it? MAC Coy Girl was my HG but it's no more. I use Mac Blushbaby but it can be dull. Nars Deep Throat (terrible name) is a peachy pink that is very natural on my NW20-25 complexion. Orgasm doesn't show on me and is very shimmery. This is less shimmery, darker but not too dark. It's more pink than coral and it is supposed to have a "golden pearl" finish but I don't see much shimmer, which is very good. It's highly pigmented but not so much that it is hard to apply. As a "Holy Grail" blush, it's a winner, goes with warm or cool palettes. Works on warm or cool or neutral complexions.

About reviewer (246 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

7 months ago

Deep Throat has that peachy pink shade I was hoping the cult favourite Orgasm would be (in reality it was far too orange and ruddy on my NW13 skin). This gives me that "got a little sun" pink that looks youthful but not overdone, and has just enough shimmer that looks like a glow rather than glitter. Wear time is 6-8 hours and one of the few blushes I've ever hit pan on.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

I can't believe I've never written a review for this blush. It's been my HG for... 10 years? 12? Maybe a bit more, to be honest. I was in my early 20's when I first purchased it - it was one of my first high end makeup purchases, in fact -, and I'm in my late 30's now. And throughout all that time this has been the perfect blush for my NW20 skin. It gives me a beautiful healthy glow, and never looks like I'm obviously wearing blush. I love it. I love it so much that all the other blushes I've purchased over the years have gone largely unused until I inevitably give them away because this is the one I always reach for.

About reviewer (688 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Other, Cool

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2 years ago

Deep Throat is an amazing blush, one which I use constantly and will always have in my collection. The shade is a gorgeous warm pink, with a hint of peach and a pretty golden sheen which adds a natural glow and dimension to the face. This blush is very pigmented so you only need a light hand. This means that the blush will last you a long time, a blessing as these blushes are quite expensive. This blush adds a healthy flush to the face, and is incredibly flattering. It makes me look alive, healthy and put together. It applies smoothly and easily, the formula is buttery and smooth. I adore this blush! I highly recommend it.

About reviewer (740 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

I have used this blush for many years. It’s not my everyday blush, though. It’s good for spring and summer. It is a peachy pink color thats sometimes a little too warm for me., but this blush is brightening. A little goes a long way. There is slight glow with good color pay off. It’s a high end blush that’s a little pricy, but it lasts a long time. I’d call it a classic blush that would be flattering to a lot of skin tones

About reviewer (61 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3.0
from

2 years ago

I have this, madly and exhibit a and sex appeal. I wanted very different colors and tones in my collection. This looks better on me than orgasm. My bf had told me i looked sunburnt when i had this on. I dont use this much, I reach for sex appeal a lot more because i am nc20 and it just looks more natural even with a heavy hand. This one is not so easy to apply imo. For the natural flushed look i rather go with exhibit a. I didnt like deep thoart or madly, two of the most popular colors werent my cup of tea i guess. Even though i dont reach for it, i do like having this in my collection. I can pop this on top of sex appeal if i feel i need a little more oomph or if i want more shimmery look in the cheeks. thebalm hot mama is so much easier to blend and looks more natural.

About reviewer (425 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

from

3 years ago

If you want something just a little more pigmented and less shimmery than the orgasm blush, this one is for you. The orgasm one is my go-to, but I like this for when I want just a *little* more drama and color. It's fabulous!

About reviewer (47 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

3 years ago

This is my favourite blush along with MAC Margin. I am NW13 and this looks so light and fresh on my skin. Nars blushes are really pigmented - I recommend using a light hand and buffing motions with a rounded brush. If you are deeper than NC30ish, this probably will not show up well on your skin tone and I would recommend Orgasm for you.

About reviewer (156 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

If I could only take two blushes with me to a desert island, Deep Throat would be the second option and Illamasqua Naked Rose would be first. If one had to go overboard as ballast during the journey, unfortunately, DT would meet a watery demise, but I'd try to save it if I could. I am very pale with neutral undertones, and Deep Throat is just so pretty and fresh on me. If I am ever at a loss as to which blush to wear, Deep Throat is one of the ones that is a no-brainer. I love the fine shimmer that is in it, because even on light makeup days, it makes me look more vibrant and alive. The formula is amazing, of course; there's a reason that NARS is known first and foremost for their blush. I wouldn't say that many makeup items are perfect, but Deep Throat is perfect except for that silly rubbery package. It just goes to prove that you can't have it all.

About reviewer (564 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

Skin: MAC NC20, MUFE Y245, NARS Deauville; dry and sensitive This was one of the first makeup products I've ever purchased at the age of 14 and 6 years later, I recently went to repurchase it. I used this on and off for several years, and I used it as an everyday blush for quite some intervals. Needless to say, you really get your money's worth buying this high-end blush. This, along with Hourglass Incandescent Electra, are the only blushes I've ever repurchased. I would describe NARS Deep Throat as the perfect peachy pink with just a pinch of golden shimmer. Compared to Orgasm, this is warmer and more peachy, whilst I would describe NARS Orgasm as more of a strawberry pink with an obvious golden sheen. Because Deep Throat is less shimmery and more peachy, I prefer it over the iconic Orgasm; Orgasm's red undertones CAN have the potential to look ruddy on the cheek, and thus unflattering. Although this is among the more sheer NARS blushes, it still packs a punch in the pigmentation department, which is a testament to just how pigmented their blushes are. I do like the fact that it isn't crazily pigmented and is instead more buildable, because it makes it foolproof and a great everyday blush to just slap on my face when I feel groggy in the morning or if I'm in a rush. It doesn't even detract from how beautiful it looks on my cheeks either, since this blush makes my face light up with a beautiful glow and flush and makes me look so well put-together. It instantly brightens my face and makes me look and feel happy. :) I think that it would be a great everyday blush for everyone up to medium skintones; if you're darker skinned, I would instead suggest NARS Torrid, which is more pigmented but also just as gorgeous.

About reviewer (119 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm