L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green
L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

2.0

on 7/2/2017 11:47:00 PM

I usually like to give a foundation more of a try than this, but after wearing it twice I'm just going to go ahead and say I don't like it. I usually use the elf acne fighting for daily work wear but wanted to try something new. Ever since I've been having skin problems the last year or so I've become obsessed with trying new foundations. I got this on ulta's website in the color beige. I think I paid $8.99, not bad. They didn't have a lot of colors but I looked up swatches and beige looked like it would be a great match for me. I first tried this on Friday. Holy ORANGE. This stuff doesn't look orange until I'm putting it on my face. And dark. I always pull my foundation down my neck a little bit, but with this I literally have to cover my entire neck in it to match my face. Even if I got more of a tan than I already have I think it would be too dark. I still applied it and figured it would tone down with powder. It smells weird, I don't usually get sensitive to smells but this smelled kind of like paint. Like the photo focus by wnw everyone was saying, which I also didn't like. That smell didn't really bother me on that one though. Anyways so I applied this with the real techniques sponge and it looked ok at first. I don't set my foundation right away when I'm doing my makeup and by the time I went to, it was seeping Into my pores and acne scars and also accentuated a dry spot by my nose I didn't even know I had. It is also a pretty Dewey finish but mattified once powder was on. I used Coty airspun applied with my sponge. It was just alright, nothing special. Today I used it again, with a brush and my pressed photofocus powder to set. It was a little better with this application but I prefer to apply w/ a sponge and don't want to be limited on which powder I can wear on top. My skin looks ok but not amazing. I'm also 99% sure this is making me break out because yesterday(didn't wear yesterday) I woke up with 2-3 pimples and I feel like they're worse today after I put it on again. The pimples hurt, too. Yeah it's cheap and it's OK, I may even like another color better but all of the hassle to make it look good just because it's cheap isn't worth it. Way too many other things out there, I'd rather take this back and try, like the catrice hd one or the one from Kokie. Taking back and wouldn't repurchase. Disappointed.

on 4/28/2017 8:10:00 AM

Okay, so since my skin has been really dry lately and matte foundations don't work the best for me anymore, I went on a hunt for dewy foundation with light to medium coverage but I didn't mind if it could be build up to full. First of all. this foundation is not worth the hype in my opinion. The shade selection is awful. I read the reviews that light shades aren't light enough so I ordered also their white foundation along with the shade porcelain. I'm really fair and the shade porcelain in my opinion is for the girls who are in between light and medium skin tones and that's way too dark. Packaging is good, it looks like Makeup Forever HD foundation. First thing that I noticed when I put the foundation on my face is the disgusting smell, to me it smells like hospitals but in a bad way. Foundation is really dewy. I have to say that it looks really nice on the face when you first put it, but once it has been on your face for a while it starts to cake up and it doesn't look good at all. I've tried so many things, from primers, putting less foundation on my face to setting sprays and it still looks cakey after a while. This foundation is not long lasting at all, on my dry skin it starts to melt and get oily after 2-3 hours. After 7 hour wear it's so oily and cakey that I can not wait to get it off my face. It's good if you're going to wear it for max. 4 hours. Overall, I'm really disappointed with this foundation, I've had a really high hopes for it.