Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser

Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser

4.8

Not tested on animals

Verry good cleanser, gentle and effective. I always purchased the large size ones. Use it for my face and body

on 9/15/2017 2:33:00 PM

Excellent cleanser- cleans without drying or leaving any sort of film. Clean, non-offensive smell too- I will repurchase!

on 8/12/2017 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My favourite cleanser of all time. This stuff is beautiful. Feels lovely and creamy to apply lathers well but rinses clean leaving no residue. No tightness or dryness. Perfect for combination skin like mine. I always hated rinse off cleansers before using this finding either they left my skin dry and tight or they'd be too creamy and wouldn't rinse properly. Best of all it's gentle enough to use round the eyes

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is a solid cleaners. It takes off most makeup but I do feel like I need to double cleanse if I only use this (note: I only use my hands and water to wash my face. I tried a clarisonic and it gave me cystic acne). My skin is combo but I use retin-a (so I get dry flakey patches at times) and this doesn't strip my skin or make it sensitive. It doesn't break me out. It's really a solid basic cleanser that gets the job done. I typically use cera ve in the morning and this lives in my shower for at night. I also use the Paula's Choice resist version of this which is what I typically use mostly because that one has a pump. But this one is cheaper and honestly I think it works just as well. This seems like a simple and short review but honestly finding something that works was a challenge for me and Paula's Choice has been amazing for me. Before this I tried a lot of very popular cleansers. I think I tried Fresh and Purity and both broke me out. I tried First Aid beauty and it did not break me out but I also didn't feel like it cleaned as well. Estee Lauder perfectly clean is nice but it's a bit stripping. I used cetaphil for oily skin for a while, which gave an esthetician I visited heart palpitations.
Anyway, I like this one a lot. It's not too expensive as there are always sales going on. I highly recommend it.

on 12/30/2016 9:49:00 AM

I've been using this for month and I think my search for the perfect cleanser is finally over!! It's mild but completely removes all my makeup and works really well with my clarisonic. I only use about a dime size amount and it rinses very clean with no residue. I have combo skin and usually steer away from creamy cleansers and go for cleansers that are clear or gel based but this is perfect for my skin! I like the packaging! It's a push/pop type bottle which makes it nice for travel and you can turn the bottle upside down when it gets low! I use it am and pm.

on 10/23/2016 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

A great cleanser for oily skin.

Pros: Not as stripping as a lot of cleansers for oily skin are. It removes all makeup super quickly and without a trace, cleans out your pores thoroughly and makes your skin feel fresh and squeaky clean. It's super effective and a really good value for money. It didn't irritate my skin which did not enjoy any of the Clinique cleansers. These left it really irritated and congested at the same time.

Cons: It can be a bit drying, but I keep the balance right by using it just in the evenings and by reaching for something milder in the mornings. The packaging is ok, but I would appreciate a pumpto make it more convenient.