LUSH Queen Bee Hair Honey

4.2

on 2/18/2018 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It doesn't have the best scent in my opinion, but leaves a lovely texture to my curls and left it feeling super soft. A little goes a long way and it is easy to warm up between your hands. It has a soft consistency reminescent of tofu. I just wish this had a different scent.

I accidentally posted the last review but was not finished lol. This product is amazing! I wouldn't recommend it for people with really thin/fine hair as it seems more heavy duty. A little goes a long way and is most effective when your hair is wet. I use the majority of the product on my ends and than the rest in the middle of my hair, never on the roots. The product smells good, not exactly like honey but quite close. I find this product to be good for helping slick down any split ends, to limit further breakage as well as to hydrate when applied. I also slather my ends before going to bed and when I wash my hair in the morning it doesn't leave my hair looking greasy at all. Don't get discouraged if you use to much the first few times as it takes some getting used to. The product is almost waxy feeling but melts very quickly into your hands. You will need a container to store it effectively and it will need to be kept in a rather cool place.

on 11/17/2016 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really LOVE this product! I rub a little bit on my finger and apply to my baby hair to discipline them. I keep it in a metal little box, I think It will last me a long time!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

If you have read any of my reviews you know I am an avid fan of LUSH cosmetic products, and this is no exception, When you purchase it, it comes in bar form, and you can pick the size of the bar you prefer, it goes for 20.00 per pound, and a little goes a loooong way! It is formulated for curtly hair and is ideal for people with curly hair. The primary ingredients is organic cocoa butter, African honey and argon oil along with many other goodies for the hair. It also has cinnamon which lends to a beautiful spicy scent in the hair. I use it after I shower and my hair is still a tad damp. It left my very color treated hair shiny and really just brought it back to life leaving it soft as silk. My only complaint is the packaging. Because LUSH is an environment friendly company, there product come without packaging, so because this product will melt in heat you will need to find a way to keep it stored. The refrigerator may be the way to go, Once you get the product home, remember that a little goes a long way. Simply break off a small peace, rub it between your hands so it melts, then run through you hair. the results are beautiful, soft, rejuvenated curls...definitely a keeper!

I brought this to try a few weeks ago.
I knew it would be quite a waxy texture so I intended to use it on the ends of my hair as they can get very dry.

The smell is a bit misleading queen bee I would assume mean honey scented but it's more like an artificial candy.
Not a bad smell just not what I thought.
Packaging isn't great unless you have a container to store. It wouldn't do well in hot climates so keep cool!

I wouldn't recommend this for someone with quite flat limp hair. The roots of my hair get very oily so I don't use there. But on the ends its great as an extra care product and also after washing.

Over all okay product.

on 6/3/2016 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I recently bought this after accidentally trying it out at the LUSH store. (Accidentally because I didn't realise that it wasn't a tester!! Oops)

I have thick, voluminous, South Asian curls. I know this product is actually designed for kinkier curls, but it works well with mine. I don't require as much product as advertised.

I literally need to rub the bar on my hand for under 5 seconds and thats MORE than enough product for the day. This is great because my little 100gm bar is going to last me a long time. But on the flip side, I don't know if the bar is actually going to last once it's been on my shelf for a while. This is always the risk with LUSH products.

One thing that I detest about this product is that its packaging free. All great for the environment, but this means I have to find a place to store this oily, sticky bar. I would have really loved if it came in a small container. Another thing is, if you live in a warm country this product will NOT LAST outside. It will melt in under an hour into a gooey mess. It solidifies back up when you throw it in the fridge thankfully. It does not last in a warm country even when it's in a room thats air-conditioned all day. Be warned!

But the product itself works wonders. I use it on wet hair right after the shower, but I also use it on dry hair. It works best if you use it right after a shower, and then just touch up on days you haven't washed your hair.

It takes a few tries to figure out how much product, how often works for your hair. But it really helps to hold your curls, without making them too sticky or crunchy. It even helps control frizz.
It smells lovely, spicy and sweet, but because I generally use it along with the R&B Hair Moisturiser the smell gets lost.

Popular Styling Products