3.9

price range

Reviews

2.0

6 months ago

This didn't get along with my powder foundation (Mac Studio Fix Plus). It's mattifying but when putting my foundation on top, it was too grabby so it didn't blend as well and made me look dryyyy (it doesn't normally). Didn't seem to extend wear time either. Tried it twice then passed it on.

About reviewer (278 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

2 years ago

This is the only primer I have tried, so I can't compare, but it works great! It gets 5 lippies from me!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesGray

2 years ago

Recently, I've been liking the Neutrogena Shine Control Primer, which is really more like a liquid powder. Today, I did an experiment: I applied the Neutrogena to the left side of my face, and Hard Candy Sheer Envy Shine Free Primer to the right side, splitting my Keck Telescope primary mirror of a nose right down the middle. Honestly, I can't tell the difference visually. Since the HC is cheaper, unfragranced, and comes in much cuter and more user friendly packaging, I'm switching to it.

About reviewer (209 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

This is a good every day primer for my oily skin. It definitely helps with the oil however it does not keep me completely matte but that's not the primers fault I have really oily skin the only thing that keeps me close to completely dry is the Becca primer. It doesn't break me out & you get a lot of product for the price.

About reviewer (296 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Oily, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

EyesBrown

2.0

3 years ago

I found this primer at Wal-Mart for $8 and I was really intrigued to try it. I have very oily skin and the claims this had made me really excited. The first day I used it, it worked pretty well but I ended up being oily near the end of the day, which is normal. The next couple of time it seemed that my face got oily at about the 7-hour mark and I was kind of confused as to why. My face was a grease ball at the end of the day and I was really disappointed about it. One of the claims is that you won't need as much foundation touch ups, but that claim is TOTALLY wrong! My foundation started to separate at the 7-hour mark as well. I gave this 2 lippies because it feels really nice on the skin and it can last for the majority of the day if you're only doing a couple of things. But other than that, I would stick to using a different primer.

About reviewer (201 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

4 years ago

I'm not usually one to re-purchase primers, mainly because I haven't found one that I absolutely LOVE yet. But, here I am, on my second tube of this stuff. I don't see much of a difference in terms of blurring pores/fine lines, but it definitely helps to keep me shine-free. As someone with oily skin, I've tried many different "mattifying" primers that haven't done absolutely anything to help, but I have noticed a decrease in shine when I use this primer. If you're looking for a primer to control your oil, which also helps your makeup stay put, you should give this one a try. But again, don't expect it to do much more than that.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

4 years ago

I get oily around my nose and my mouth within about 3-4 hours after I apply my makeup. This primer makes my makeup last a good 7-8 hours. I still have to touch up since I wear a lot of makeup but it's so much better than looking like a hot mess in the middle of the day. I use Hard Candy's Glamoflauge Foundation because I have a lot of acne and I usually layer up since I need coverage everywhere. So considering the fact that I wear such heavy makeup, this primer does wonders for me. I do use a thin layer of this and feel it does the job. If you use too much it will make your makeup look incredibly thick and cakey.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

4 years ago

My skin is somewhat oily and this primer works really well to control the oil breakthrough for hours. I apply a generous amount after serum, eye cream and moisturizer and this primer keeps my makeup fresh for quite a long time. Normally, I need blotting papers after a couple of hours but when I use this primer, I can go half the day without a touch up. It goes on very smoothly and is obviously silicone based, which isn't a problem for me. My foundation goes on very smoothly over it but I find I get the best results when I let the primer set for a few minutes before using foundation. I also set my foundation with powder and I find I use less when I use this primer. I don't like a truly matte finish, because I think it's aging, and this primer doesn't give me a flat finish but it isn't exactly dewy either. It's more of a satin finish, which I really like. If you want a truly matte finish, I recommend using Bliss mattifying pads on the T zone before using the primer. This will give you double the oil control benefits and is a great two step treatment for the humid spring and summer. I do this routine when the weather is at its hottest and this seems to work great. My former primer, Lorac Porefection, doesn't do quite as good a job controlling oil as this Hard Candy product. And I can't believe I've found a better brand for all of $8!! I saw this primer at Walmart and I've heard good things about the brand from posts on the makeup board so I figured it was worth a shot. It certainly wouldn't break the bank if it didn't work out. But I was pleasantly surprised at how well it works so it's become my number one go to primer ever since. I've tried many more expensive primers and none of them has worked this well. Granted, I use a bit more of the Hard Candy product because it's not as slippery as some of the more expensive brands, but that's not an issue when it's only $8! I apply a generous amount to my T zone and less on my cheeks and my foundation glides right on without a hitch. I really like everything about this primer and highly recommend it if you have oily skin. My skin is also quite sensitive and I've never gotten a reactions from it at all. It has no obvious fragrance, which is something I'm very sensitive to. Whatever the ingredients, they work really well to control oil breakthrough for many hours. I'm really glad I don't have to worry about super shiny skin when I use this. Try it! You'll be glad you spent a whopping $8 on such a good product.

About reviewer (316 reviews)

Age44-55