Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara

Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara
Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara

3.7

on 4/14/2018 1:25:00 AM

It makes my asian lashes fluffy and nice. I look for separation and length and the brush is comfortable on the lashes. Its a great mascara without the nasty spidery look of drugstore ones. Its not too wet of a formula and it does not flake.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Got the travel size from Sephora. It’s ok. Nothing special. It does add some volume and length but nothing dramatic, especially for the price. It flakes slightly throughout the day. In hot humid climate, it transferred slightly to under eye area. Good news, this removes easily with micellar water. No under eye panda after removal. The brush is nice as well. Not as compact as Too Faced Better Than Sex, but enough to give a good coating to each lashes. With that said, there are cheaper mascaras with better results out there.

on 4/3/2018 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great purchase if you’re looking for a mascara to stick your lashes together, coat each lash unevenly so you have almost bare patches and thick sticky sections, and add blobs to the ends of your unevenly coated lashes.

I have tried all mascaras I could - YSL, Dior, Urban Decay, Makeup Forever, Lancôme... But nothing surpasses this one! It gives extra volume and blackness to your lashes without making them clumpy! They look amazing, super long, thick, and defined! It also lasts all day long, even if it's not waterproof, and it doesn't make my eyes itchy. I got a sample of it and I'm definitely buying one when I run out of it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really like this mascara a lot. I find that it lengthens, curls and gives my lashes more volume with just one coat, giving me that instant wide-eyed, baby-doll look which I love! The formula is great, it applies easily without clumping. It is a little wet though so does take a minute or so to fully dry. It doesn’t smudge, smear or flake off throughout the day, making it perfect for long shifts at work. The brush is a nice hourglass shape but is quite large - if you have smaller eyes it may be too big for you. It isn’t waterproof but doesn’t smear with sweating or mild tears. It removes easily with makeup remover or wipes. It is pretty expensive for a mascara, but it is lovely and definitely worth the splurge.

on 2/9/2018 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Thick, clumpy, and not as much length and volume as L'Oreal's Voluminous Million Lashes. Just . . . no.

I wanted so much to love this because initially it made my lashes look great! However, on my lashes it lasts about ten minutes before it bleeds all under my eyes. I even tried it with an eyelash primer and it was still a no-go. I have a hard time finding mascara's that don't bleed, so it could very well be a me thing. I've been using the Paradise Lash and it doesn't bleed until at least four hours post-application, which again, is great for me. I loved how this thickened my lashes, I loved the bulkier packaging because it feels luxe, but again it doesn't last on my lashes. It's also incredibly expensive for a mascara. I will be sticking to my drugstore mascara until something else comes along that actually stays put!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

great mascara. large tube. nothing special. voluminous mascara from cvs is the same. nice packaging or splurge

on 2/4/2018 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This mascara is just okay in my opinion. First I never keep mascara longer than 2 months. So I like when there is an option to get a "mini" or travel size of mascara as I can't imagine every finishing a full size tube in 2 months. Great black pigment. Doesn't seem to smudge. However by the end of my day, I apply my makeup at 6.00am and make wash off is about 8pm...it flakes a little bit. Not horribly, but there tends to be a speck or two of mascara under my lash line. For the price, really shouldn't flake. I like the brush bristles, coats lovely with one swipe. I find it plumps up the eyelash to give volume. I'm blessed with long lashes (hit my eyeglasses all the time) but lacking in the volume department. This mascara does a great job with volume. Seems to lengthen a bit, but like I stated my lashes are long to start with. If I got this mascara in a set, I'd use it again. However don't feel I will be purchasing solo.

on 1/23/2018 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my new HG mascara! I have never been so impressed by a mascara, and I have tried many.
This mascara is absolutely incredible, it lengthens, adds volume, and separates my eyelashes perfectly with very little effort. I have naturally long and full lashes which is why I'm not easily impressed by mascara's, but because my lashes are very full I find I always have to spend so much time separating them, or apply my mascara very slowly to even them out. But this mascara honestly gives a false lash look with 1-2 coats max, and no fuss!
Another reason I love this mascara is because since I have long lashes I usually find mascara always transfers to my brow bone (even benefit 'they're real' did) but this one didn't, even after I wore it to the gym after a long day. This mascara also doesn't flake & is surprisingly easy to remove with a makeup wipe.
Although it is on the more expensive side, I find because you need to you so little product and it applies so quickly that it doesn't dry out and lasts longer than any other mascara I've bought before.
The packaging also doesn't disappoint, it's a nice bonus when a makeup product is amazing and looks cute on your makeup vanity.