NYX HD Finishing Powder Translucent

NYX HD Finishing Powder Translucent

4.2

Talc Dimethicone Polymethylsilsesquioxane Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate Magnesium Stearate Tocopheryl Acetate Caprylyl Glycol Phenoxyethanol /- (CI 77019/Mica CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide CI 77491/CI 77492/Iron Oxides CI 42090/Blue 1 Lake)

on 11/15/2017 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

PROS
- Great oil control and blurring effect.
- Is translucent and doesn't make my skin look white
- Really smooth (not chalky)
- Great price

CONS
-No mirror or puff so not ideal for on-the-go touch ups.

on 9/13/2017 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Ugh, I'm still on the quest to find a good powder that keeps me matte for touch ups. I have only tried this as a touch up powder (blot powder) for 2 days - and my main disappointment is how no one has really mentioned that this stuff leaves your face WHITE. I barely powder some of this on with my ELF powder brush - and my face ends up looking paler, white, and chalky. I would not call this translucent, unless your skin tone is pure white like white out.

It does keep me more matte than my Fit me matte and poreless and my ELF $2 powder, but I wish it wouldn't leave me looking like such a GHOST!

on 7/11/2017 6:39:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Update: still on the fence with this. It's not really totally translucent, as it will leave a slightly white finish on certain areas (really noticable in a magnifying mirror, slightly less so otherwise). It's okay when applied with a light hand, but my t-zone needs more shine control, so a slightly heavier application results in slight white patches in corners of my nose, upper lip area, etc. Also, the mattifying effect, while very strong initially, doesn't seem last as long as other powders I have tried.

I ended up keeping it because it does not seem to break me out like the yellow toned Elf powder i bought, and it has a fine finish (does not accentuate pores). I use it at night on bare skin or during the day if I'm wearing a more transparent chemical based sunscreen (If I wear this over all-mineral sunscreen it enhances the white cast in the sunscreen and makes me look ghostly).

----
Hm. I just purchased this in the translucent because I wanted a pressed formula and my already discontinued Sonia Kushuk powder finally broke and bit the dust.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get this right. I noticed that it can look natural/undetectable if brushed on *just so* but any more and it looks like talcum powder. I'm not ready to give it the boot yet, but I am confused as to why this is written everywhere with rave reviews. So far it has not been very user friendly. Maybe I need a new brush.

on 9/4/2016 3:03:00 PM

This is going to sound like I´m exaggerating but honestly this is amazing and I´m so happy I found this. I have always had problems with my concealer creasing under my eyes, and I kind of accepted it and assumed that that would always happen for me. But with this the conealer stays put the whole day, 12+ hours.

I also used to always become oily in my t-zone after a few hours, especially by my nose. With this I stay matte all day, I almost can´t believe how good this is. If I could give it more than 5 stars I would!

I used this powder for months and loved it. It had a great finish, went on smoothly over my foundation, and kept me matte for my entire shift in a crowded, humid restaurant. However, I suspect that the talc and dimethicone in this powder is prolonging a bad breakout, so I will no longer be using this.

Because of the great price and my own results with this product, I would recommend this to someone who is not sensitive to silicones or talc in makeup and is looking for a long lasting mattifying powder.

on 8/19/2017 3:24:00 AM

PROS
- Amazing blurring effect; the pores on my nose and cheekbones are much less noticeable
- Better oil control than expensive powders I've tried; I'm shine-free for hours -- even on my normally oily nose
-Excellent price point

CONS
- no mirror and puff so it's not ideal for touch-ups on the go

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Holy Grail Finishing Powder.... I was paying a fortune for Hourglass powder and this is such a dupe. Sets make up for an airbrushed type finish. This is not meant to be a oil sponge type powder but a setting powder. WOW it works great and doesn't look powdery and just makes my older and ugly skin look ready for camera. Bravo

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I can't believe this doesn't have more reviews! I love this powder. It's so smooth and it literally disappears on my skin. Feels like a high end product but only cost me $9.99 at Ulta. I really want to try the banana version, too!

on 5/23/2016 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I own this in the shade banana and I use it to set my foundation and over my concealer. I was using the UD mattifying powder before this, and I find this does just as good of a job with setting my foundation. As far as shine-control, I'm still on the hunt for something better but this gets the job done (for now). I think I would buy it again if I didn't find a better finishing powder for oil control.
Update- I also own the white (translucent) HD powder, and it's one of my favorites for mattifying my t-zone. I use with foundation or just bare-face and it's pretty good for oil control. I've repurchased this about 2-3x but didn't end up repurchasing the banana shade.

on 6/16/2016 11:52:00 PM

I have a small size of this, and I'm very impressed. As always, because i love everything NYX.

However... I hold my breath when using it. It's finishing powder, what do i expect it to smell like? But it literally smells like paint. Like paint that you paint a house with. Straight up paint.

I don't mind, though, because it goes away. But when i think of this product, the first thing that comes to mind is the smell because of how potent it is.

I would definitely recommend, though.