4.2

$12.00 on Lookfantastic
Shop Now

Reviews

2 months ago

This blurs my pores out well and helps even out my tone as a finishing step after foundation. However, it only keeps me from looking shiny for maybe two hours. I have to touch up often throughout the day, so this isn't perfect. I mainly use it since I haven't found anything else that doesn't look cakey or break me out. The powder itself shatters easily near the end of use, so I usually need to buy a new one before it's all used up.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

EyesGreen

9 months ago

I'm on my third compact of this and so far have not found a powder that would work better for my oily/combo skin. It is finely milled and translucent, though it does brighten the skin very slightly. It works for drier areas and you would get away with applying a bit too much. I do not have any flaky areas thanks to AHA so can't speak on this issue. It is not going to eliminate your oils but this is not a mattifying powder but finishing one, and it does a good job of blurring pores and making foundation finish prettier and more put together. My complaints here are that it runs out quite quickly, the packaging is a bit flimsy and it does not have a mirror. I'd still buy again though since it's my go-to.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Tan, Neutral

EyesHazel

9 months ago

I have mixed feelings about this finishing powder. It gets the work done, the powder is very soft and fine, and it controls my shiny areas pretty well. On the other hand, it doesn´t work well with certain foundations, making my face look super cakey and flaky. The packaging itself is cheap and a bit fragile. I will keep on using it but I am looking for a better option.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

because of my dry skin, i was always scared to try these powders on my face, but i just fell in love with this one. it’s in my opinion for a very good price and lasts for months, it blurres out pores, and makes my skin look flawless (and works excellent under my eyes - my dark circles are scary, and this powder makes them a lot less noticeable) it’s not drying out my skin at all and lasts all day, i really like the durable ( and beautifully minimalistic!) packaging! HG for me!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

2 years ago

This product was my first foray into pressed finishing powders, and y’know, it ain’t half-bad. It does a nice job of mattifying my skin and blurring pores, and paired with a good primer, that effect can last most of my work shift. But translucent (aka white) powders tend to make my already-pale skin look even paler since I really need to layer them on in the summer months when I’m oily. For that reason, I think I’ll stick with tinted powders that blend into my skin better, and loose ones at that, just because I feel like I can distribute loose powder more evenly on my brush.

About reviewer (162 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Curly, Medium

2 years ago

Gets the job done, not perfectly though. In the summer my skin is SUPER oily and I end up lookinh shiny after 2 hours tops.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

2 years ago

I’m really impressed with nyx cosmetics overall. This reminds me of my Ben Nye banana powder but it seems more light weight not to mention it’s half the price. I will continue to repurchase. This is an everyday product for me

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBrown

2 years ago

It's a pretty good, pretty cheap powder, which keeps my oils from breaking through slightly during the day, without making my skin overly dry right after application. I wouldn't call it completely translucent though; at least in the amount I apply this, it does lighten my foundation slightly though, and I'm only NC20. This powder is pretty fine, but I still prefer loose powder, as it's even more finely milled. I.e.: I can't use this under my eyes because I'm used to *super* finely milled powders, like MAC Prep+Prime, Rouge Bunny Rouge Diaphanous or Tarte Smooth Operator I'm not mad at this powder though - it's pretty good. I use it for about half of my face (where I want to brighten up), and this lasts about 2 months for me like that, which is less than the loose powders I've had. If I urgently needed a setting powder, I could totally go with this one, although it's not my favorite

About reviewer (567 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

2 years ago

This review is for the banana version. I've tried the highly rated Ben Nye & was underwhelmed. This little baby is such a good find. It sets my makeup beautifully and somehow makes my skin look flawless. And wow does it control my oil! Finally a powder that really really makes my mu last all day - it's even better than my HG Laura Mercier that I've used for years. This is my new HG and it's dirt cheap to boot - what a find.

About reviewer (203 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlue

2 years ago

PROS - Great oil control and blurring effect. - Is translucent and doesn't make my skin look white - Really smooth (not chalky) - Great price CONS -No mirror or puff so not ideal for on-the-go touch ups.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral