Revlon Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)

Revlon Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)
Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)

3.7

(Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 4.3 • Zinc Oxide 2.1)Cyclopentasiloxane • Water • Dimethicone • Trimethylsiloxysilicate • PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone • Butylene Glycol • Tribehenin • Phenyl Trimethicone • Nylon-12 • Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract • Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract • Lilium Candidum (White Lily) Bulb Extract • Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract • Sodium Hyaluronate • Tocopheryl Acetate • Bisabolol • Ethylhexyl Palmitate • Tocopherol • Alcohol Denat • Alumina • Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer • Methicone • Laureth-7 • Magnesium Sulfate • Silica • Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate • Ethylene Brassylate • Triethoxycaprylylsilane • Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer • PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate • Salicylic Acid • Silk Powder • Sodium Citrate • Dipropylene Glycol • Silica Dimethyl Silylate • Serica (Silk) • Tetrasodium EDTA • Hexylene Glycol • Caprylyl Glycol • Phenoxyethanol • Ethylparaben • Methylparaben /- (CI 77019/Mica • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides • CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide)

on 12/3/2017 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Packaging doesn’t get any better than a glass bottle with a hygienic pump dispenser. Color starts off slightly ghostly, but oxidizes quickly to match my light-medium NC20-NC25 skin with yellow undertones. Coverage is medium and covers the post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation left by my acne, but it’s not so opaque as to make me look dead. Consistency is “matte but not flat”; after a few hours on my very oily skin, it makes me look a pretty “dewy and glowy.” It does dissolve by the end of day and obviously puddles up where my glasses sit on the bridge of nose; on the remainder of my face, it does look kind of patchy up close, but is okay if viewed from at least arms’ length. It doesn’t break me out, but like any other foundation I’ve tried so far, does seem to leave my sebaceous filaments slightly more pronounced even after double-cleansing with oil cleanser and Cetaphil.

I don’t think Revlon ColorStay is holy grail status for my very oily skin, but it’s the best I’ve tried so far, and it’s what I’ll continue to use while I keep searching for my HG foundation.

on 10/24/2017 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

ETA: 10/2017 - tried this again - (combo/oily version) and here I am, not even 3 hours of wear - and I had to blot with 3 (!!!!!) blotting sheets to take away my shine already. I even used a primer AND setting powder and applied this with a brush. For oil control, this isn't working for me. I may try without a primer tomorrow - but this prevents shine as long as any other foundation I've tried (Rimmel, NYX, CG, WnW). If NOT using a primer doesn't help (maybe my primer is making me oily?) I debate about repurchase, just because this does seem to handle my pores a bit better than other foundations. Not shine control, but pore-filling for oily, large pores, yes.

on 7/19/2017 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my new favorite foundation. I've tried tons that have disappointed but I love this one!

The pump bottle is great, allows for an easy and clean application. I have this in Sand Beige, which is a yellow-undertone to neutral tone. It looks a bit grey in the bottle but turns out to be a great match for my skin, which is fair-medium and neutral.

I apply this with a real techniques sponge. The formula dries pretty quickly, so you have to work fast to blend. I find that it covers the redness and unevenness in my face very well, doesn't look patchy, gives me a nice natural looking but polished finish that isn't too matte/flat or shiny either - just the right amount of glow. The coverage is probably about medium, but not fake or cakey looking and I imagine could be layered, and it lasts throughout the day.

As long as I remove completely with face wash every day, this won't break me out.

Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Since they have reformulated this it is total garbage. I remember using this in high school (I am now 29) in the "soft flex" version and absolutely loving it to cover acne marks and uneven skin tone. It also held up very well in hear and humidity and never looked cakey. Now, it's like blending cement on your face and also begins to cake after a couple of hours. Not only was the finish horrible, it also gave me horrible breakouts. What a shame, if it ain't broke, don't "fix" it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I know this product has been reviewed a ga-zillion times, but I would still like to make a few comments about it. I basically like it for the following reasons:
1) I found a true match: 330 (natural tan)
2) It "locks" into place once I blend it out, and, I feel, it gives me enough time to do this.
3) It looks like my skin when I apply it with my foundation brush (as opposed to fingers only).
4) I have large pores, but I don't need a primer when I use this foundation -- I like that!
5) It gives me slightly more than a sheer cover (which I want), and it seems to be buildable. However, I do not build since I'm an older woman who believes that less is more when applying foundation. I mostly use it on my lower jaw and one or two dots on my T-zone and from there, blend it out.

However, here's a couple of caveats I've discovered when using this product. I REALLY have to moisturize before putting this foundation on. I mean I need to use an eye cream, a serum, and then my day cream. My eye cream is "heavy duty" (Kiehl's), and my day serum is Chanel's Hydra Beauty Micro Serum or Caudalie's. My day cream is a Scottish brand called Organic Surge Daily Care, Super Intensive Moisturiser for mature skin. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this stuff, but I digress.

The point is to seriously moisturize your skin whether you have oily/combination skin or not.

My second caveat is you REALLY must thoroughly wash your face in order to remove this foundation completely. Micellar water and makeup removing wipes just won't cut it! I use Cetaphil Cleansing Bar, twice! Then I use a micellar water for pH-balancing effects and softening and to remove any remaining makeup. After this, I can go ahead and put on whatever creams/lotions I wish (depending on the time of day).

PACKAGING: I like the pump! However, the overcap is FAR TOO LOOSE! Don't try to travel with this foundation bottle, or you might just find it leaking at the bottom of your bag! No, this hasn't happened to me. When I bought the bottle, I had the sales rep scotch tape the over cap in place so that it would stay on securely until I got home.

COST: I paid $20 CAD + tax at London Drugs in Vancouver. However, if the product goes on sale, I can take my receipt back to the store and get the difference. I have 30 days in which to do this, so that's not a bad thing! Otherwise, I think this is a tad expensive at a regular price point. By the way, I also saw it retailing at $22.99 CAD + tax, and THAT is ridiculous!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I strongly l reccomend buying the bottle with the pump opposed to the bottle without one, as not all come with a pump for some weird reason. As for the formula, it was my first regular foundation I used when I first started getting into makeup, and I liked it quite a bit, it was the only one I used. Although I have moved on to more higher end foundations, I would absolutely reccomend this to somebody getting into makeup or even just in general as an affordable decent foundation. Its excellent that they offer formulas to different skin types, as someone with very oily/combination skin I value that a lot. Also a pretty respectable colour range. Try and buy when it's on sale because they have increased the price in recent years and im just not sure its worth the high price some places are asking for, but if you can get it when it's going cheap, then awesome!

This is HG for me. I try other things from time to time, because makeup, but I come back to this. I am in the shade 150 in the winter and 180 in the summer.

I apply with either fingers, a Real Techniques sponge or an Artis-like brush (the ones that look like fluffy toothbrushes). I like this any way I apply it, though overall prefer application with the brush (mine is from Crown Brush, I got it in my Boxycharm for May 2017).

This stuff wears like iron on my combo skin and has great coverage. I feel like it has a good shade range, and has a neutral enough option for my skin tone.

This also has a pump, which is great- until you get to the end of the bottle- then I lay the bottle on its side and use the straw thingy inside to scoop the foundation out, lol. Either way, I can sure get pretty much all the product out!

It's a smidge pricey- but Ulta frequently has Revlon buy 1 get one 50% off, so I usually stock up on a couple bottles then. It's not as cheap as like Wet and Wild, but comparable to L'Oreal and Maybelline.

I really like this foundation, wear time is great and color match is excellent for me.

on 6/29/2017 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

UPDATE:
Great foundation. I can do the no makeup look with a couple of shades of it plus blush/lipbalm/mascara/light dusting of loose powder. Its so easy to apply too( I do it with fingers and use a RT sponge for my nose area). It resists breaking down for a pretty long time on oily skin in hot weather. It doesn't settle into lines. Did I say I look like I'm not wearing makeup while at the same time having a solid medium to medium high-ish coverage? Great Price. Conveniently accessible. Has a pump.

Since its not full coverage, I like using a medium coverage concealer sparingly around my eyes with it, and I do makeup looks that would work on a bare face only using tinted moisturizer. Also, because I have acne prone skin all the bronzer/contour powder products I try break me out badly, so I use this in two-three shades to bronze/contour and highlight the face slightly.

Im giving this 4 stars because they claim this is full coverage but it's not, AND because I wish the color range included more yellow/olive leaning shades. Seriously the best drugstore foundation I have tried for combination skin so far.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

This is a review for the new one with the pump.

This performs like a high-end foundation and its my favorite drugstore foundation so far. Sadly it can't be built up to full coverage despite its claims, but it gives you a natural looking medium coverage with a natural finish, not matte, not dewy, somewhere in the middle. Another sad bit is that there is not a lot of olive/yellow tones, but Im around NC40-NC42 and 360 Golden caramel blends in fine. Its a tiny bit darker/orangier than me, but not so much I can't use it.

The foundation It's actually long wearing (thankfully) and if you exercise you won't look insane at the end. After heavy sweating and then drying my face with a paper towel, this stuff still looks good. Compare that to how I look after sweating with Loreal Pro Matte it lifts off my face, I lose coverage, and it gets patchy and cakey looking; So I would actually wear a thin layer of Revlon Colorstay to the beach fearlessly, since it seems to be water-resistant.

I'm quite acne prone and don't have any major issues using this. Today I applied this foundation with fingers and coupled it with the Wet and Wild Photo focus concealer to add coverage under my eyes and on blemishes, and powdered everything down a bit with loose powder to my prefered demi matte finish. I look good and not overdone.

Would I repurchase this? Yes. Would I reccomend to people with normal/combo/oily skin? Yes. I think its a good foolproof foundation to get a the drugstore if you can get a good colormatch. I only take a lippie off because I wish they had more yellow tones AND that it was full coverage, since they claim it is.

I used to use this foundation (before pump bottle) and I absolutely loved it!

I like to try new foundations however and I really have been enjoying the Loreal Infallible Pro Matte.

I decided on a whim to pick this up again and what a HUGE disappointment. The coverage is not even half as good as it used to be, this takes a long time to set and transfers! Im beyond disappointed that they reformulated this. Looks like im sticking with Loreal Pro Matte.

EDIT: I tried using this by mixing this with my Pro Matte just to see what would happen, it looked great upon first application but throughout the day it broke up and started looking cakey and just overall not good. I'm so bummed.

I also want to add that if you contact Revlon directly and are unhappy with this foundation, they will reimburse you without you having to go to the store.

on 5/20/2017 1:26:00 PM

This is my holy grail foundation. I have tried high end (Giorgio Armani, Estée Lauder, Too Faced, etc) and yet I still come back to this drugstore foundation time and time again. It gives a lot of coverage without looking heavy or valet. Just looks like flawless skin. Also has a great shade range!