Marc Jacobs Decadence

Marc Jacobs Decadence

3.4

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This has got to be the most offensive fragrance I have encountered. My body chemistry just hates this fragrance and I have tried the EDT and the EDP and they both smell like old cat urine on me. I sampled this at Ulta, Macy's, and this bootleg a$$ store called Gordmans in Indiana. This is the fragrance I would use if I was riding the subway and I want the whole car to myself. Yes it is that terrible on me. In my experience, a lot of Marc Jacobs fragrances are hard for me to wear. The scent morphs into some crime against nature and I have people giving me dirty looks as if I am some kind of unwashed transient.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one my favorite perfumes that I own! It has a very sexy scent with notes of Italian Plum, Bulgarian Rose, Jasmine Sambac, and Liquid Amber. It is a very warm scent and a little bit goes a long way. If you're not a fan of very strong scents, then I would steer clear of this one. I personally like a scent that is strong if I like how it smells though.

on 9/27/2017 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I blind-bought a rollerball of this based on MUA reviews. (Yay, y'all!) I'd never tried a Marc Jacobs fragrance before. There is a DISTINCT dill-pickle note straight out of the gate but it doesn't last long and goes away before the scent evolves. The endpoint vanilla and musk and woods are very nice and full-bodied, and the longevity is outstanding, even in rollerball form. This is a rich, quality concoction.

Aside from its richness, though, I'm not seeing Decadence as something that's all that different from other fragrances I already have; some of my others are close to this, although not as rich (and not as expensive, either, obviously). That being said, it's worth $29 for a rollerball because of the longevity and richness, and I will buy it in that format again, both because I really really REALLY despise the bottle design and because I think a full blast of the fragrance would be overwhelming, as opposed to a li'l dab here and there.

on 11/4/2017 4:16:00 PM

I enjoyed this product, but not enough to purchase it again.

on 3/31/2017 10:52:00 AM

I was super excited when I bought this perfume. I tried it in John Lewis and I could still smell it the other day. I instantly knew I was getting it. Anyway...I still use it every day; need three or four sprays to actually be able to smell it and for me it is just not strong enough. Maybe the first time I was able to smell it because it was a totally new scent for me and I could tell it constantly. I like strong scents; used to have La vie est belle for a long time before this. Bottle is super nice, but too big to carry it with you, so can't reapply when smell disappears after a while. The scent is nice indeed, but as I said, its not strong enough, never got any compliment about this as I doubt people can smell it. Would not repurchase; my next one will be Armani Satin.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is so offensive to my nose. It smells so generic and so overpowering at the same time, and it does not wash off at all. Maybe if it smelled nice that would be a plus, but unfortunately for me it was a huge con. I also aesthetically hate the packaging, but the juice inside is the worst part hands down.

on 12/20/2016 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I got this as a sample with my Sephora order and I am OBSESSED with it. Take all my money, Marc Jacobs! I need this in every size. It's the perfect distinct, woody, sexy smell. It lasts all day and a little goes a long way. I'm always on the lookout for fragrances that are sultry and sexy without being too overtly feminine- I don't like smelling like candy or a rose garden. This is honestly the most perfect balance. The only thing I'm not in love with is the packaging- you can never tell me snakeskin-anything is cool, it reminds me of an early millennium cokehead. Still, I will happily let it slide because this scent is HEAVEN.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I LOVE THIS HOLY MOLY.

I'm a huge sucker for vanilla-y scents, so anything that has the slightest hint of vanilla or amber or whatever they're calling it these days intrigues me. Decadence isn't overly vanilla-y and sweet at all, it definitely has all sorts of notes to it, a little more on the musky/woodsy/darker side than floral and light which is right up my alley. I've tried a lot of other Marc Jacobs fragrances after getting a rollerball gift set a year or two ago, and liked a few of them but found that they didn't last very long. When I gave Decadence a try in Sephora a while ago, I expected it to do the same, but the next morning I could still smell it on my skin! A full 16 hours later!!!! Sorcery! So glad I bought this stuff, and I will definitely be stocking up if it gets discontinued.

Perfume really depends on your body chemistry and for me it fades to a really sweet smell and yet it's also womanly, not old lady like as what most people would say. Try it out yourself! This is currently my favourite perfume and I have to agree it lasts very long. I work almost 9 hour shifts.

on 12/22/2016 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this so spontaneously, after spending a solid hour perusing the perfume section in Boots whilst waiting for my boyfriend to run back to his house for his bank card. I put a spritz of this on my wrist and went about my day. I loved the scent that day, it smelt sweet, musky, vanillary, and woody. The scent is very strong and really stuck so I went and bought it however I don't wear it as much as I thought I would, I'm not sure I like it as much as I did before, I tend to favour sweeter and more mysterious scents with flowery notes. I feel like this is a very smart and grown up scent like I need to be wearing all black for it to suit. Because I wear it so little I doubt I'll need to repurchase it again

Popular Fragrances