4.3

Reviews

2.0
from

7 months ago

I bought this mask a few months back because Magnaminty was out of stock. I thought it would be a gentle exfoliating mask but boy was I wrong. Every time I used that thing on my face it felt as if it was scratching the hell out of my skin. Ended up using it solely as a body mask/scrub. Even then it felt too harsh. Would definitely not repurchase.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

3.0

9 months ago

As a Lush fanatic, I’ve bought or sampled the majority of the products they offer. And when I realized I had never tried Cup o’ Coffee despite its huge popularity I decided to add it to my last UK order. The first thing I noticed was the smell - it does smell like coffee a little bit, but not as strong as I had hoped (because I love coffee!). The vetivert oil (or at least I think that’s what I am smelling) sort of tempered the smell of the coffee and turned it into something less potent and more perfumey. When I rubbed this mask on my face I was SHOCKED - literally SHOCKED - that so many people use this because it is SO HARSH texture wise. Large chunks (think French press ground) of irregularly coffee (this is not fine milled like I had assumed it would be - maybe a bad batch?) and the mask wasn’t that easy to spread so I felt like the chunks were scraping my face. I left it on for the allotted ten to fifteen minutes. While it did wake me up a bit, I didn’t notice any beneficial effects and my skin hated me when I removed it because - more scratching! I will give this mask another few tries on my face but honestly, as much as I love Lush products, I don’t see how this could be of any benefit to your face (other than the tightening effects of caffeine which is temporary). If anything this will cause micro tears in the skin! I don’t even know if I would use it on my body!

About reviewer (271 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Straight, Medium

a year ago

Surprisingly good. I have dry, acne-prone skin that's largely under control thanks to a prescription retinoid and rigorous supplementation. Every now and then I have a flare-up of very itchy, red patches all over my face that become tiny pustules, so I look for skincare products that are soothing *and* acne-fighting. I was worried that the coffee granules in this product would be irritating but they provide a very soothing exfoliation. The texture is quite sticky, I'm guessing due to the agave, so I can slap this on my face and go about my chores without worrying that the mask will crumble everywhere. Upon rinsing, my face definitely feels smoother but not and irritated whatsoever. I've also used this as a body scrub and it works well there too. Will repurchase once I run out.

About reviewer (150 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

a year ago

Walked into LUSH with no intention to buy anything, but ended up leaving with this scrub! Used it mostly on my face, but when I was feeling fancy, I’d apply in the shower after shaving! Smells great, left my face and legs feeling so smooth! As far as application goes, just apply a little and work it around your face! It’s very easy to over apply this stuff, you really don’t have too! Use a mask brush to apply, and gently spread it. When rinsing, be very gentle. I used it almost every day, or even when I felt like crap from drinking the night before and needing a little pick me up, I’d throw it on in the shower and instantly feel awake. You could probably make this cheaper than what LUSH charges, but getting the small tub didn’t hurt my wallet! Absolutely recommend this product!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium

HairBrown

a year ago

I actually don't believe I've ever used a body mask before! Gave this a try last night and wanted to share my thoughts...it smells very much like coffee with an added note - vertiver perhaps, I'm not sure. Luckily I like the aroma of coffee so this was right up my street. The consistency is not very thick, it's actually slightly runny in the pot, although not so bad when applied (it didn't drip off me) and the texture itself is grainy, and not just a little bit but moderately so. In fact I'm not so sure I'd want to use this on my face as the coffee grains just feel slightly too abrasive for delicate areas. Back to the body though, I slathered a medium-thick layer of this on my arms, legs and back and left it to dry for about 10-15 minutes before washing off. Yes it's not the easiest of masks to rinse away, it took me a good few minutes at least, but the thing I like about this the most is how it exfoliates as you are applying it which means your skin is already prepared for the benefits of the ingredients - in this case as with all Lush products, good essential oils and other beneficial stuff, no nasties. If I was to use for example a hydrating body mask I would likely have to exfoliate first, rinse off and then apply the mask, otherwise what's the point of masking dead skin? Anyhows my arms and legs did look clearer and just overall better once I stepped out of the shower. Even today they still look smooth and have a certain 'freshness/zing' to how the skin looks in general, almost like I've just slathered my limbs in a good Vit C serum. Sufficient to say I'm impressed and will continue to use this, as and when I get the time to. Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File 9. Ingrown Hair Treatment - 'Priva Shave' - Post Hair Removal Treatment 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

a year ago

I love this mask! It leaves my skin feeling damn soft.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

a year ago

I really love the deep exfoliating effect this mask gives. The roasted coffee is really refreshing after a long day at work. I use this twice a week.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

a year ago

My favourite mask of all time. I like to put this on right before I get into the shower, then rinse off in the shower. I also use it all over my body as an exfoliant, not just as a facial mask. It smells amazing, feels refreshing, and my skin is soft and smooth after! I went through my first tub so fast and I will 100% be repurchasing.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

I absolutely love the smell of this product. It really smells exactly how coffee beans do smell. I purchased a container of this a few days ago, and a day or two after using it for the first time, i found some fresh coffee beans in my pantry. After smelling both, i was so impressed at how natural this scrub smelled. This scrub i like more for the smell than the exfoliation tbh, but that's why i brought it in the first place. I'm obsessed with the sweet smell of coffee. The mask is very nice though, you can tell it's very exfoliating because of the gritty yet not painful feel it has on your skin while rubbing it in. It looks slightly orangey whilst on your face, and takes a good few minutes to wash off, (like most exfoliating masks do) but the smell while on your face is heavenly, and it is good for exfoliation, and leaves your face feeling very fresh and clean.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Other

2 years ago

This mask is so comfortable, I forgot I had it on and almost peed myself when I looked in the mirror.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral