I actually don't believe I've ever used a body mask before! Gave this a try last night and wanted to share my thoughts...it smells very much like coffee with an added note - vertiver perhaps, I'm not sure. Luckily I like the aroma of coffee so this was right up my street. The consistency is not very thick, it's actually slightly runny in the pot, although not so bad when applied (it didn't drip off me) and the texture itself is grainy, and not just a little bit but moderately so. In fact I'm not so sure I'd want to use this on my face as the coffee grains just feel slightly too abrasive for delicate areas.
Back to the body though, I slathered a medium-thick layer of this on my arms, legs and back and left it to dry for about 10-15 minutes before washing off. Yes it's not the easiest of masks to rinse away, it took me a good few minutes at least, but the thing I like about this the most is how it exfoliates as you are applying it which means your skin is already prepared for the benefits of the ingredients - in this case as with all Lush products, good essential oils and other beneficial stuff, no nasties. If I was to use for example a hydrating body mask I would likely have to exfoliate first, rinse off and then apply the mask, otherwise what's the point of masking dead skin?
Anyhows my arms and legs did look clearer and just overall better once I stepped out of the shower. Even today they still look smooth and have a certain 'freshness/zing' to how the skin looks in general, almost like I've just slathered my limbs in a good Vit C serum. Sufficient to say I'm impressed and will continue to use this, as and when I get the time to.
~ My HG list ~
(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)
1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File
9. Ingrown Hair Treatment - 'Priva Shave' - Post Hair Removal Treatment
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment