LORAC Alter Ego Lip Gloss in Duchess

LORAC Alter Ego Lip Gloss in Duchess
Alter Ego Lip Gloss in Duchess

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this!! And Fiona Stiles' lipgloss in Lenox is similar of a dupe. Approx prices. The LORAC brand is a new 1 to me but it's been around for awhile. It's thick & opaque like a lip Creme. Really pretty color & I've ordered duchess lipstick from LORAC. Cute packaging & it appears u get a substantial amount of lipgloss.downtown triple crown! I may rebuy this in diff colors or replace this if it was lost or stolen. Winning!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am really liking the Lorac cosmetic line lately. I am not really into the more popular products from them, but I have been finding quite a few gems and faves and even holy grails!!

This lipgloss in Duchess....My, how I almost passed you by!!!

This feels GREAT on the lips. To me, it is not so much a gloss, but has the appearance and feel of more like a balm or a lip cream. This is not sticky or tacky at all! Just feels great on the lips. Lips feel kissably soft and look kissably soft. If you are tired of the matte trend like I am, and/or you do not have the greatest lips or your lips are aging like mine and those matte shades show every nook and line and cranny, you might want to try one of these, if a different shade. I am not big on traditional lipglosses, but as I said, to me, this looks and feels and performs more like a balm or a lip cream.

Quite pigmented for a 'gloss,' this shade remind me somewhat of UD Naked. The Lorac website describes this as a "rosy nude". It is just a nice, natural, flattering MLBB shade. Goes with just about everything!!!! Great for daytime, the workplace, even a date night out!! I just feel this is very versatile!! Not sure this would look very nice on darker or tanned skin tones, but definitely on light to light/medium skin tones I think this would look very nice.

It has a vanilla scent.
The website says: "Alter Ego Lip Gloss contains antioxidants such as Acai Berry, Pomegranate, Grape Seed Extract, and Vitamins C and E". My lips feel super-soft long after, hours-later, after this gloss wears off, so it must be 'good' for your lips. I appreciate this so much more than the matte trend that dries my lips out! But I digress.

I definitely want to pick up more of these shades. The price tag is not terrible either. I paid I think $15.00 for this. I think I also want the Duchess lipstick.

That all said, it is labelled as a lip gloss, so the staying power is not there. This lasts at best on me 4 hours. If I am talking, eating, and being very active in general, I get maybe 2 to 3 hours. But.........I like it well enough not to mind having to re-apply. Also, even though it is not super-long lasting, it stays true to color as it does wear off, not turning funny or funky colors, and does not get gummy or gunky.

Just a really, really nice product! Would recommend and will definitely re-purchase!! I just hope these are not limited edition..(I am seeing a couple blurbs online making me think they might possibly be LE).......hopefully these are permanent!! :-)