Rimmel Wake Me Up mascara

Rimmel Wake Me Up mascara

3.2

on 5/31/2018 12:02:00 AM

Rimmel Wake Me Up mascara is a really great drugstore mascara option. I love the brush, it is quite large and has an hourglass shape. This makes it great at picking up those hard to reach lashes in the inner and outer corners. It applies easily, and doesn't leave clumps of mascara on my lashes, or stick my lashes together. The formula is fairly wet, so will take a few minutes to dry - I try to keep my eyes open and only blink lightly for a few minutes after applying. Once it has dried, I have no issues with it. It lasts well, even in the heat. It doesn't flake, smudge or smear throughout the day. It isn't waterproof, but it doesn't claim to be. However, I find it lasts through sweat and rain, it really only runs when crying. It holds curl well, and provides some length and volume. My only concern is that it doesn't give me a super long and dramatic effect, which I generally prefer from mascaras. This mascara is more for looking bright-eyed, put together and, of course, awake. It's a great everyday one, but not one for a night out or a dramatic look. This mascara also has a fairly strong cucumber scent. It fades quickly, but is definitely noticeable for the first few minutes. This may be an issue if you are sensitive to scents or have sensitive eyes, but wasn't a problem for me. Overall, I do enjoy this product.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

It's like we're reviewing different mascaras. I love this mascara I have naturally curled lashes that require volume and length. Let's go in:
PROS
- the hourglass wand gets all the small lashes in the inner corners of my eye whilst emphasising the longer lashes on the outer corner. The effect overall does make me look more awake
- the wand also separates my lashes and I found no clumping
- personal preference here, but I prefer fibre brushes to the plastic ones.
- does not dry out my lashes or cause them to fall out, they stay soft all day and it does not irritate my eyes. I didn't find the formula to be so wet it got everywhere, it's got a bit of a body butter texture to it but it definitely dried for me.
- Rimmel mascaras have guidelines that they stay for 12 months in the UK, this is great value especially on offer for £5.99
- wear time is decent.
CONS
- didn't give much length is more of a daytime look mascara
- will smudge by the end of a 12 hour day.

Overall the pros out weigh the cons here and I'm sad that I don't see this mascara as much on the high street anymore :(

on 7/9/2017 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I bought this in extreme black, and I will say that this part is true. Pity it ends up all over my face if I sneeze, yawn, etc. I love the brush. I love how it looks when I first put it on, but it is a hot mess within minutes. Both thumbs down.

on 2/11/2017 4:02:00 PM

I LOVE THIS MASCARA!! It is so black, smells amazing, hold my curl so great. I have sensitive eyes, and this doesn't aggravate them at all. I absolutely want this to be my HG of mascara, but sadly it's can't be. *sad face*crying/dying inside*. It's not my HG for two main reasons. 1. It is NOT waterproof at all, in no shape or form (this isn't why I took off a lippie, it's not advertised as waterproof). But seriously I think even if you just sweat, this mascara will run, it has horrible staying power, in that sense. 2. (The reason why I took of a lippie) It is a WET mascara, very wet. When I apply this onto my eyelashes I have to look down and fan them so it dries, otherwise I get transfer onto my skin. I have found away around this, which is why it's not a deal breaker for me. I use this on my eye lashes first and then I go over it with a waterproof mascara and that's it. I don't get transfer and I get WAY better staying power (waterproof wise). I love it, I've purchased it like 2/3 times already. I will be devastated it it ever gets discontinued.

on 12/5/2016 9:16:00 AM

I hate this mascara, it does nothing for my lashes and it takes ages to dry so I get black smudges all over my lids and under eye. Absolutely useless.

Okay now it's about 4 hours later and it has not moved!! It is still perfectly curled and has not flaked or ran under my eyes I am so so impressed with this product I will buy this mascara over and over again. I'm in love!!

on 7/19/2016 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Good for everyday mascara! I used to use high end mascaras but I tried this one and it's just as good if not better and it's much cheaper!

This is amazing! I have long lashes and this isn't too heavy for them. My lashes looks sooo long and is perfect to shape them! This is one of the best mascaras I have tried. It lasts all day. You have to work yout build up, but it's amazing. Spreads the lashes perfect!

on 6/28/2016 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The brush was way to big for my eye size and shape. I expected it to be the size pictured on the card, but it was even bigger. Wasn't able to get as much volume, lift, or definition. Bought this as Rimmel Lift Me Up in Walmart.

on 6/14/2016 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is not expensive, and it does the trick. Nothing extraordinary, but a good and decent all day mascara. Does not clump, stays in place all day, and gives natural lashes.

What more can one expect... It can compete with some expensive brands which do much less than the Rimmel wake me up mascara.