Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.2

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This foundation applies to your skin wonderfully. They have a variation of different shades , the foundation is creamy and blends very well. My only concern is, I have somewhat oily skin. This foundation looks Amazing on my skin for about 3 hours, but after about four hours my skin looks Extremely greasy. I would DEFINITELY recommend this foundation to anyone who suffers from dry skin. Great foundation , just doesn't go well with the texture of my skin.

on 3/22/2018 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this once before they came out with more shades, and the shade closest to me was too dark and the wrong undertones (golden- pink undertones). Then I bought it again (in the shade Sand- medium tan w/ golden undertones) when they released new shades, and I think I'm just too oily with it.

I always buy foundations with yellow/golden undertones but wow this one is just too yellow. I want to try mixing it with my wnw photofocus just to use it up but I won't be repurchasing it.

on 3/13/2018 1:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Dreadful on my mild seborrheic dermatitis. Clinged to dry patches I didn't know I had. I did an AHA peel the night before which usually makes foundation apply well, but this made me look like I've never heard of exfoliation. The name Born This Way is accurate as this foundation takes me back to my cradle cap days. Skip this if you have texture and dry patches.

The shade Swan was a bit too dark and pink on my NC10 skin. It dried down to a satin matte. Definitely not a healthy, luminous glow. Coverage was a light medium and covered my redness but not my darker freckles/acne scarring.

Moisturized with Cerave in a jar, used a tiny amount of Nyx Photo-Loving Primer on t-zone, and applied with fingers. Bathing in Mac Fix+ didn't help at all.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have dry skin and I love this foundation. I’ve been testing out other foundations and I always go back to this one. It doesn’t look thick, it leaves the skin Dewey and that’s what I love in a foundation. Also the color doesn’t oxidize to look orange like most foundations do.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been testing this out for awhile now and have a few thoughts. The positive--great coverage level, it's advertised as medium to full coverage which I agree with. Does a great job of providing coverage that looks natural and not cakey at all. Lots of shades, I like the pump packaging and frosted glass bottle. I think it really does a great job of blurring pores and making them less noticeable which I can't say for many foundations. Great application overall. Negatives--this became extremely oily on me after a short period of time. The fountain separates and looks obvious after that point. Doesn't hold up well after blotting the oil off and even after blotting and repowdering it was greasy again after a short period of time. Might be good to wear if only going out for a few hours. I'm going to play with it more to see if it behaves better with some foundations I have that are TOO matte and see if they can balance each other out. Don't recommend for those of us with oily complexions because it won't hold up.

on 10/24/2017 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like this foundation. It gives you a healthy glow with a decent amount of coverage (about medium).You can build it to almost full coverage and it doesn't look cakey. I think it's suitable mostly for people with normal or dry skin(but not very dry/flaky), but can be wearable if you have oily skin and you're ok with reaplying powder during the day. The only downside I can find is that it's not transfer-proof.

on 9/12/2017 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I had high hopes for this as I was looking for a foundation that was extremely long-lasting, medium to full coverage, dewy (or at least luminous), and that looked really natural. A tall order, I realize but that is what this foundation sounded like when I saw beauty gurus on Youtube raving about it. I think they're probably just used to a way less natural look than what I am looking for.

I can't believe people say this "looks like skin". I was blown away by how terrible this looked. I'm 35 with relatively normal skin, some fine lines, my pores aren't that bad and I have invested more than I care to admit into my skin so I am thrilled that most people say I look younger than my age. But this foundation settled into fine lines I didn't even know I had around my eyes, and it was so dry and thick that it was impossible to blend that area out without tugging hard at my skin. I could also see every bit of texture on my skin. The person at Sephora had put Too Faced Hangover primer on first, FYI. Also, the colors ran very warm and considering I have a light olive tone I was surprised at how orange a few of the colors looked on my skin. I couldn't really get a good color match. So glad I didn't buy this online like I almost did.

FYI I currently use Ellis Faas' foundation which is gorgeous, super natural, dewy but I was looking for something a bit longer-lasting. I would definitely rather pay more money for the Ellis Faas foundation and invest in crazy good primers and/or setting sprays. than use Born This Way. Such a disappointment! If anyone knows a foundation that is dewy, medium/full coverage, long-lasting and natural/forgiving, would love recommendations!

on 7/13/2017 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

So, I like this foundation a lot. This may be due to a few things:

1) I have dry/very dry skin. It is very hydrating and sits on my skin beautifully. For me, it also looks better as the day goes on. More natural and a little dewy. Because of this, I'm not sure how well it would work for those with combination to oily skin, but I could be wrong!

2) I find that if I really pay attention to the ingredients in my other face products, the foundation looks smooth and flawless all day. If I use any silicone or oil-heavy skincare or primers with the foundation, it breaks up and starts to slide off my face within a few hours. Switching to water-based products drastically improved the wear time and look/feel of the foundation on my skin. The foundation also seems, for me, to perform better when set with a talc-free powder. This may be a fluke, but I suspect that it does make a difference.

I love the medium coverage, the satin finish, and how it wears on me throughout the day. I use less concealer when I wear this. No real detectable scent for me, and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

My main gripe is the color selection. I'm in the shade Swan and it just barely works for me because of how yellow-toned it is. I'm also so pale that there is no way I'd be able to wear a shade besides Swan. The price is high, but I can live with it since I've decided to only splash out on foundations that really work well for me.

Overall, this feels nice on my skin, looks natural and radiant, and I look forward to applying it daily.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I really really really like this foundation guys ♥

This foundation is a very natural finish foundation. The finish is a natural-matte with an itty bitty amount of glow. I have dry sensitive skin, so I was sort of worried that his foundation was too matte for me but it was perfect!

This foundation did not irritate my skin thank God, however, if you have dry skin you should use a heavier moisturizer or just apply another layer of moisturizer with this foundation. Even though this foundation is more of a matte foundation, my skin did not feel tight when I applied it. My skin just felt comfortable.

I was matched to the shade Honey. Honey is supposed to be for neutral to golden undertones, but in my opinion it is more neutral toned than golden. I had to use bronzer to bring warmth back into my complexion.

The coverage of the foundation is definitely medium to full coverage. One layer of this is foundation was enough to cover my imperfections!

As for the smell it didn't really have a weird smell. It smelled like a normal liquid foundation.

I applied this foundation around 11am and it lasted literally all day! It lasted until 1am the next day!

So long story short, the pros are that the foundation is a beautiful foundation. I love how natural the foundation is. My bestfriend, who I hung out with alllll day, had no idea I had makeup on. The makeup lasted through a graduation party and a walk through the biggest mall in North Carolina. It's not extremely drying and it was comfortable on my skin. The cons of this foundation is that towards the end of the night you could see the foundation clinging to the dry patches of my skin. The foundation also creased in the lines around my mouth. I would recommend this foundation to women with normal, combination or oily skin. Dry skin gals can wear this too just be a little more heavy handed with moisturizer. This foundation is also suitable for sensitive skin ♥

Shade References:
MAC: NC42
BareMinerals Complexion Rescue: Spice
Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow: Warm Me Up "Toasted Beige"

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Very dissapointing. Got the shade ivory.. way too yellow! This foundation after about 30 min made my face look oily and wet. It also made be break out badly, probably due to the ingredient ethylhexyl palmitate which is highly comedogenic. Will stick to my kat von d and urban decay foundations!