Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.3

on 12/12/2018 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Amazing! I get the hype!
First of all I got off of the new shades created by Jackie Aina, which is “Praline”- If this never existed I wouldn’t have had the chance to even try it. It’s a perfect match!

Consistency is thick and creamy, gives immediate coverage (better with a brush- not a sponge), blurs pores, provides a beautiful natural finish!. It looks even and I don’t have trouble blending any other liquid products on top. It doesn’t cling to peachfuzz, doesn’t break me out, doesn’t separate on my face and it doesn’t matter what primer I use. It gives a little flashback, nothing crazy but I am a brown girl. The difference in shade is noticeable but it’s workable. It is longwearing, I get no smile lines (but I do use a really good powder on top) and yeah it’s flawless.

Is it my perfect foundation? Not really
During the winter I can use it because it’s hydrating but as ya getting warmer lately I’ve been getting more oily and I don’t change my prep routine since it’s perfect, I know it’s the foundation. And I’ve noticed it needs a lot of powder to sit well and not separate or slide down my face. And it’s not helping the texture on my skin.. it’s been workable for a while but for now I don’t know. It’s best when i mix it in with other products. These are basically the reasons I will not buy it again- texture and oil.

If you have combination or dry skin with minimal texture it was meant for you!

I love the coverage and consistency of this product. it's hard to describe but it feels "cushion-y as I apply it on my skin. It has a pump dispenser that allows me to dispense small amounts at a time and I hope I'll be able to get every drop out of the bottle but we'll see. I have a lot of age spots from sun damage and it covers them so well without feeling heavy or looking like a mask. Love, love, love it!

on 10/10/2018 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Pricing is steep here in Australia.
Recently moved to Sydney where the climate is slightly different to Melbourne and found that this foundation somehow looks better than my Fenty foundation which was my holy grail in Melbourne. I find that in warmer weather the BTW looked better, which is unusual because the Fenty is more lightweight but ended up calling. I would say that the BTW is medium to high coverage on my oily, pink toned skin.

on 8/2/2018 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Cool

Not for me I have super dry sensitive skin due to some medication messed up my skin barrier I tried different primers I prep really well it didn’t dry me out which is a plus but due to skin I have horrible skin texture due to cystic acne when I was in my 20’s Anyways.......I liked the feel of it was ok but I felt like my skin couldn’t breathe and settled into suuuuuper fine lines and looked a tad crepy on my pitte scars (ugh I hate those)
I recommended this for 20 something’s with smooth skin if you have textured skin due to scars of really big pores this prob won’t be your HG foundation. Also it sunk into my scars and looked gross. But the color shade was spot on since I’m a cool toned tan person my color was golden color was perfect it’s sooooo annoying when brands don’t go passed medium with cool undertone skin.
Soooooo my whole shpiel is this is not for textured skin, thanks

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

I bought this foundation about a year ago. I am fair with cool undertones and the color Snow fits me very well. The older I get, the better my skin looks. It’s no longer oily and I don’t need or want much coverage. I see bad reviews here but I like this foundation better than most. It gives my skin a glowy, polished finish. My lifestyle is fairly casual and like a natural looking foundation. Born This Way fits the bill. The only down side is that I have some large pores and I can’t say it provides camouflage for that, but nothing does. I would definitely consider buying this again. The last reviewer said this foundation looks yellow to her, but on me it shows pink undertones.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Whenever I wear this foundation I feel like my skin just doesn't look healthy at all. This foundation makes my skin look super cakey, orange and streaky because of the undertones of the foundation. I prefer foundations that are lighter coverage and enhance my skin rather than just slapping on some cakey orange make-up and making my skin look too artificial. This is a no from me and I would imagine that this foundation would not be good for oily skins because I'm combination with an oily t-zone and chin and this made my skin look pretty greasy after a few hours. It's a no from me.

this was meant to be a perfect match for my skin tone and type. it is neither. i would not suggest this foundation for anyone that has sensitive, reactive, hormonal skin nor would i suggest it for pale complexions due to the choice in undertone pigments (and i generally use yellow toned foundations but this stuff was big bird level. just no.)

the foundation irritated my face so much i had to wash it off after an hour. in the hour that it was on it looked very artificial; no amount of careful application or blending made any difference. left an absolute ton of comedones on my face.

it photographs beautifully. if you have tolerant skin and take a lot of pictures of yourself this foundation is probably fantastic for the price - you do seem to get a fair amount of product for the money.

on 4/18/2018 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

At first I was in love with this but after a few uses I realized how horrible it is. It might be the only foundation that matches me perfect but it never dries on the skin so its wet and slides around all day. It looks cakey and just refuses to melt into my skin. It shows every single bit of texture in my skin, it's just ridiculous. I have tried applying it about 10 different ways to get it to work and the only thing that makes it come close to working is mixing it with my cover girl foundation and adding a drop of jojoba oil. And even then it worked some days but not everyday. I am so over this product.

on 4/11/2018 1:55:00 PM

The pricing is ok for a highend company.
This foundation didn´t blow my mind but it isn´t as bad as the other reviews says.

You cant´t apply this with your hands because it feels just dry and wierd. I apply this first with a brush and then a sponge then it melt in to my skin.
A plus for me is that this is my closest foundation shade, mine is in the shade snow.
And an other tip is to moisturize good before for those who have dryer skin and the other way around for oily skin (Just apply a little i mean).

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a lovely foundation but isn't one that lasts the day. If you have relatively good skin I think this would look beautiful. I don't have bad skin by any means, but it does pick up texture and break down in the t-zone towards the end of the day. While the coverage is build-able I don't feel it's on par with something like estee lauder double wear. If you were wearing this of an evening I think it would be great but wouldn't count on it for a full day of work.

Pros:

- Beautiful luxurious packaging.
- Easy to apply, blends seamlessly.
- Natural looking medium coverage.
- Does blur pores and imperfections.

Cons:

-Staying powder
- Begins to become slightly shiny transfer after around 5 hours of wear.