Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.3

on 6/13/2017 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have dry skin, and my biggest concern is flaking on the sides and bridge of my nose, which interferes with my foundation application. To be honest, this one of those products that Youtube made me buy, especially after I got to know that Too Faced released tons of new shades for this one. I have particularly pale Asian skin and my shade matches usually match with Thataylaa on Youtube, and this particular foundation in Snow turned out to be a lovely match for me. Although this does oxidise a little on my skin (I know because I use the back of my hand as a "palette" and after a while the spot turns pink), it's still a plausible shade match for me after hours of wear. I don't like to use a setting powder for my more dewy foundations, and without one this has a satin finish on my skin, doesn't emphasise my flakiness, doesn't sit into fine lines and actually looks pretty flawless after my average 9-10 hours of wear, which I am super impressed by because hey I didn't set this with no powder. The pump is beautiful, coverage is indeed medium to full, but I like to use a spot concealer if I need to cover up any huge blemishes becase I am not a fan of layering my foundation.

Initially I used a drugstore blending sponge with this and it just wasn't working too well for me and I was pretty darn upset because this was an investment for me, it's $60 here in Singapore. And then I realised my mistake; I then invested in a Sigma F80 and that has MADE ALL THE DIFFERENCE and I have never looked back since. Also at the same time I bought a deluxe size of the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water and it's been my favourite primer to use with this foundation so far. I like to spray my brush with it before I go in with the foundation as well, really helps smoothen out the application.

I was pleased to find out this contains Hyaluronic Acid, and truth be told my skin has cleared up a little bit in the past month of using this foundation. This worked better than GA Luminous Silk for me, so yes I would be repurchasing this once I'm out.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I really really really like this foundation guys ♥

This foundation is a very natural finish foundation. The finish is a natural-matte with an itty bitty amount of glow. I have dry sensitive skin, so I was sort of worried that his foundation was too matte for me but it was perfect!

This foundation did not irritate my skin thank God, however, if you have dry skin you should use a heavier moisturizer or just apply another layer of moisturizer with this foundation. Even though this foundation is more of a matte foundation, my skin did not feel tight when I applied it. My skin just felt comfortable.

I was matched to the shade Honey. Honey is supposed to be for neutral to golden undertones, but in my opinion it is more neutral toned than golden. I had to use bronzer to bring warmth back into my complexion.

The coverage of the foundation is definitely medium to full coverage. One layer of this is foundation was enough to cover my imperfections!

As for the smell it didn't really have a weird smell. It smelled like a normal liquid foundation.

I applied this foundation around 11am and it lasted literally all day! It lasted until 1am the next day!

So long story short, the pros are that the foundation is a beautiful foundation. I love how natural the foundation is. My bestfriend, who I hung out with alllll day, had no idea I had makeup on. The makeup lasted through a graduation party and a walk through the biggest mall in North Carolina. It's not extremely drying and it was comfortable on my skin. The cons of this foundation is that towards the end of the night you could see the foundation clinging to the dry patches of my skin. The foundation also creased in the lines around my mouth. I would recommend this foundation to women with normal, combination or oily skin. Dry skin gals can wear this too just be a little more heavy handed with moisturizer. This foundation is also suitable for sensitive skin ♥

Shade References:
MAC: NC42
BareMinerals Complexion Rescue: Spice
Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow: Warm Me Up "Toasted Beige"

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Holy cow! The shade range for this foundation is all over the place! It's completely off the norm for what you expect from classic shades like ivory, beige, porcelain, etc. There is just no way you could make a decision based on past experience with a shade you normally fall under. Every color is far too yellow...after trying 3 different shades and finally choosing one with a supposed pink undertone (although I have a neutral undertone), it was still extremely yellow. On top of all this, the oxidation with this foundation is like none I've ever seen, even a shade too light will oxidize to an oompah loompah orange after an hour or two and I've never been one to have products oxidize on my skin. It's a shame really because the finish is so lovely and on initial application, you get a glimpse of the possibilities, but don't be fooled into thinking that if you could just get the color right it will be worth it because it won't. This foundation moves, even on my drier skin, it never really set. It would come off anywhere I touched my face. It just has no real staying power. I really wanted to love this foundation, but they made it impossible and at $40, no thank you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product! It gives very nice coverage. You can do a barely there look with half a pump or go medium to full with a full pump and a half. It has a pump whish is perfect. There are many shades which is nice especial for my olive medium tone skin. Other makeup up layers on it very nicely. I feel it works best with a beauty blender. The bottle last me about 1 and a half years. I used it consistently everyday and it was the only foundation I had so I think its definitely worth its price point. Only downside is if you have oily skin you will have to touch up.

on 5/18/2017 3:51:00 PM

I wanted to like this foundation. I absolutely loved the Too Faced BB cream which they discontinued, so I tried this with great hope. It's ok but not my favorite. I haven't thrown it away but I always reach for my other foundations. It's heavy, doesn't last. Not awful, but there are many better ones out there.

on 5/18/2017 3:33:00 PM

This is my first foundation from Too Faced and I have mixed feelings on this.

Positive points:
- looks good and glowy when you put it on
- you don't need much to do your whole face

Negative points:
- it kind of wears badly on my skin, especially when I am sweating
- the color and overall look of the foundation get worst during the day

I think I will stop using it daily to go to work for now, and try again in winter (less sweat risks and when my skin needs help to look glowy). This would also be good for short term events when you don't need it to last all day.
The finish of the foundation is soooooo nice, I love it, but it's just not durable for these spring/ summer days.

on 5/11/2017 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I might consider wearing this for special occasions/short periods of time... but for every day it is a no go for me. I have very dry skin, and heard this would be a good option for me. I love the packaging; beautiful frosted glass and a pump. I also love that a little bit goes a long way. You can pretty much take a passing glance at the bottle and have medium to full coverage.

The initial finish is beautiful, semi dewey, healthy glow look, and the formula sets on its own in a matter of minutes, which is lovely. There is not a lot of transfer or moving around. No oxidation.

But after 5 hours or so, it clings to dry patches (especially on my chin) like crazy.... but in a weird way, like it keeps its semi dewey finish ON the dry patches which is very... not cute. And on the rest of my face, it looked very mask like, especially in certain lightings. It is not really something that can be touched up at that point, so I can either remove my foundation at lunch and reapply it, or go the rest of the day looking like I have a strange skin disease. Mostly I just tried to keep people from standing too close to me so maybe they won't notice.

After this happened the first time, I tried using a Too Faced primer with it (Hangover RX), same situation. I also tried on various days: no primer, Hourglass mineral veil primer, Smashbox primer, changing my moisturizers (and I always moisturize under foundation), mixing Argan oil in with it, using a setting powder (I don't usually powder), using a pressed powder,... nothing helped. In all fairness to Too Faced, I have very dry skin, so maybe it's my face's fault.

Another gripe... their lightest color Snow is very yellow and not quite light enough. It was workable with blending down the neck, but still not ideal for cool toned pale folks.

Really sad I couldn't make this work. I might still use it on a date night, where it doesn't need to last all day... ultimately will probably not repurchase, though.

Nice texture, medium coverage, but dries a little. I expected better results from this foundation. It's not bad, but it's not amazing either. I might buy this again, but I'll probably try different ones first.

on 5/6/2017 10:14:00 PM

I wanted to love this foundation so bad!! The formula is pretty great, and it gives you a definite healthy glow. It applies beautifully and evenly (although it definitely isn't undetectable as it claims to be)...However... the colors are just so terrible oh my god. I'm an nc30-nc35 and every shade I've tried darkens 2-3 shades an hour later. I've tried 3 different ones now - all recommendations for a match of my skin. They all oxidize so badly to a deep orange color. I swatched on my face and my arm and both oxidized really badly. I tried all the tips to prevent foundation oxidization and none worked. I haven't had issues with oiliness (I highly recommend nyx no filter powder - a great dupe for mac mineralize skinfinish) but the oxidization is just atrocious. I've never used a foundation that oxidizes as much as this one (and I've tried a LOT). If you don't mind a little oxidization I definitely recommend this though. When first applied it looks really dreamy. Makes my skin look even, glowy, fresh and healthy.

on 4/28/2017 12:43:00 PM

I wanted to love this foundation because I really like the Too Faced products-but no. It was medium to full coverage which is nice but it was SO GREASY. Unbearably greasy. My skin is normal to dry so oil isn't a problem but this foundation was heavy, greasy, and when I added setting powder it looked cakey and thick-just a huge no. It was also really really yellow, which I found odd-I used the shade Porcelain which by description should have had pink undertones but it was very yellow. Just didn't work for me.