Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.3

on 11/17/2017 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I only use cruelty free beauty products and this is one of my go to cruelty free foundations. I use this in warm nude during the winter months when I'm pale and/or when I don't need any SPF in my foundation. I recently repurchased in a new shade since I want something to match me when I'm tan. I love how light it feels and that it truly makes me look like I'm not wearing too much foundation. My other go to foundations are Tarte Amazonian Clay, and NYX drop foundation.

on 11/14/2017 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

i really have high hopes and expectation for this foundation
but it didnt work out for me
it applied beautifully on the first application.it has this medium to buildable coverage i would say
it looks good but it doesnt look like im wearing nothing on my skin.you can definately tell.
the worst part about this foundation is that it seperates on my skin within 2 hours.
mind you that i live in a very humid hot country so this is pretty normal but my other foundation didint do that.
i even set my face with laura mercier translucent powder.
so i tried it out again in london during winter.and i was in the mall for the whole day but guess what?
it seperates on me on looks very very oily all over my face.i just dont get why.it just dosent sit well on my skin i guess eventough i have very very dry ski.but the longevity is a no no/this is by far the worst one ive tried.wouldnt recommend it to anyone.

on 11/12/2017 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I’m glad I got a sample of this before buying it. Swan was a huge improvement over snow for my NC10 skin, but it still looked orange on me. It also sat in a weird way on my skin (my husband said it’s the first time that I’ve obviously looked like I was wearing makeup as he could see it on my skin). And it didn’t wear well - sank into pores and fine lines. I was also a hot mess by the end of the day. Not sure why this is so beloved by the pale girl makeup gurus on YouTube. Unless painted oompa-loompa is the look you’re going for... The only good thing I can say is that it felt ok on my slightly dry combo skin.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I’m in shade deep beige if I’m not mistaken Foundation works just fine It does cover my skin and makes my skin look flawless Doesn’t break my skin It’s good for people with oily skin just like me

on 11/3/2017 8:42:00 PM

This was disappointing. It made my skin look dry.. and I have oily skin. Also, it has lots of tiny relfects/glitters!! I couldn't believe it, I though maybe my highlighter had gotten on places it shouldn't, but I my highlighter doesnt even have glitter. So I knew it was the foundation. Terrible idea. So the combination of they dryness and the glitters made me look like a hot mess. Also, wear was not great. It looked pretty broken up by the end of the day. Save your money and pass on this one.
Also, for those who are acne prone, this contains a highly comedogenic ingredient. I always check the list of ingredients on acnemantra.com/comedogenic-ingredients/ .

on 11/2/2017 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I recently bought this foundation for my acne prone skin and I would not recommend it to anyone dealing with dry or acne-prone skin. It is quite cakey which was expected due to it's "full coverage". However, it dries out my skin so easily and is not worth the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

What a shame that not many are as into this foundation as I am! What's excellent about it for me is really the shade match. I'm tan with neutral undertones and it's quite hard to find a foundation in my shade that is not yellow to hell. The colour 'Golden' is perfect on me. I'm currently on my second bottle.

I've been told it feels a little oily but I personally had no issue with that. It's not too buildable as it is definitely a true medium coverage foundation no matter how much you pack on. Perhaps could use some formula tweaks in the future. But overall, a good staple in my arsenal.

on 10/24/2017 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like this foundation. It gives you a healthy glow with a decent amount of coverage (about medium).You can build it to almost full coverage and it doesn't look cakey. I think it's suitable mostly for people with normal or dry skin(but not very dry/flaky), but can be wearable if you have oily skin and you're ok with reaplying powder during the day. The only downside I can find is that it's not transfer-proof.

on 11/2/2017 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Shade: Ivory (close to NC15)

I really do not like this foundation. I think how well this goes on your face is too dependent on your primer. There's quite some debate online about whether this is a water based or silicone based primer. But regardless, I have found that it looks absolutely like shit when I apply this over a silicone-based primer like the Maybelline Baby Skin primer. I've found that over a silicone-based primer it never really sets, and it just slides around. Applying powder on does not help. I don't normally deal with patchiness from foundation, but somehow this foundation manages to really just cake up in the most random places, and at the end of the day, it starts falling apart on areas around my mouth.

However this does apply normally with a primer like the L'oreal magic lumi primer (which looks to be a water-based primer). It looks beautiful upon initial application with a water based primer. But, there's a huge issue with this breaking down around my mouth. It just looks awful, and it's embarrassing if anyone sees me up close.

Overall, not a fan. I like my silicone primers too much. Also, regardless of which type of primer I use, the staying power isn't very good especially if you're someone who touches your face often, or if you like to take naps with makeup on.

This foundation has a glow, does not look cakey. Covers pores and any of my imperfectipns. The cons are: its not long wearing and NOT kiss proof and NOT sex proof for sure!