Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.3

on 8/2/2018 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Cool

Not for me I have super dry sensitive skin due to some medication messed up my skin barrier I tried different primers I prep really well it didn’t dry me out which is a plus but due to skin I have horrible skin texture due to cystic acne when I was in my 20’s Anyways.......I liked the feel of it was ok but I felt like my skin couldn’t breathe and settled into suuuuuper fine lines and looked a tad crepy on my pitte scars (ugh I hate those)
I recommended this for 20 something’s with smooth skin if you have textured skin due to scars of really big pores this prob won’t be your HG foundation. Also it sunk into my scars and looked gross. But the color shade was spot on since I’m a cool toned tan person my color was golden color was perfect it’s sooooo annoying when brands don’t go passed medium with cool undertone skin.
Soooooo my whole shpiel is this is not for textured skin, thanks

on 7/25/2018 11:34:00 AM

I wouldn’t say that this foundation is bad, BUT! I loved its formula, I loved its coverage and how it feels like nothing on skin(this foundation is medium to full coverage), it’s just that I got oily pretty quickly. So I like to take my pressed powder with me.. I will highly recommend it for people with dry skin.

Thank you.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This foundation applies to your skin wonderfully. They have a variation of different shades , the foundation is creamy and blends very well. My only concern is, I have somewhat oily skin. This foundation looks Amazing on my skin for about 3 hours, but after about four hours my skin looks Extremely greasy. I would DEFINITELY recommend this foundation to anyone who suffers from dry skin. Great foundation , just doesn't go well with the texture of my skin.

on 7/15/2018 8:08:00 PM

Absolutely love this product. I have been searching for the perfect foundation. To say I am picky is an understatement. I am extremely picky. I need skin like, skin beautifying, skin perfecting, pore perfecting, luminous finish without falling off....see my dilemma? So to say La Mer, GA, TF, Fenty, ELDW, Lancome, Dior etc. etc. I can only say if you are like me and want your skin to look hydrated, smooth, not foundation like, then this is your jam. I only discovered this b/c of the new released concealer. I never paid any attention to this baby. I am a bit of a foundation snob you could say. In any case, this is flawless. I am beyond happy. And I know, can it be that good? Like in a sea of foundations? Yes it's that good. Try it. BTW, I am combo (more on dry side these days), mature, skin needs ALL the help it can possibly get!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I had wanted to try this foundation for years but somehow never did. I saw Jackie Aina released her shades in the extended line and it piqued my interest again. I went to Ulta bare faced and swatched 3 shades down my check, jaw and neck. The shade Snow was my match, which surprised me because it’s the 3rd lightest shade and I’m usually the 1st shade in all foundations. Snow is described as being formulated for fair skin with rosy undertones. I didn’t really have high expectations for this foundation (I stopped buying too faced complexion products when they discontinued the Absolutely Flawless concealer, the shade Vanilla was my ride or die.) I was blown away by the shade match of this foundation. This is my perfect, perfect match. I thought I already found my perfect match in a KVD foundation, but this actually matches me better. I use a squalane oil (very thin layer on my skin) and a natural matte primer underneath of the foundation. I have found that it applied nicely and evenly with a brush or sponge, although I do use less product with a brush. I’d say it’s a natural finish, which is what I have been looking for lately— matte foundation is becoming too much for certain parts of my face, it’s starting to settle or crack as I age. This doesn’t crack or get caked or overly oily. I still have to touch up, but I have found that with using the squalane oil, the foundation looks so much better on the skin. The coverage is about medium, you can def build it up, but I usually do not. I have acne scars (pits) on my cheeks and this doesn’t hide them but definitely doesn’t draw attention to those areas and makes them appears a bit softer. I’ve been using this for a bit now and I don’t plan on using anything else. I am will be repurchasing for sure.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

I bought this foundation about a year ago. I am fair with cool undertones and the color Snow fits me very well. The older I get, the better my skin looks. It’s no longer oily and I don’t need or want much coverage. I see bad reviews here but I like this foundation better than most. It gives my skin a glowy, polished finish. My lifestyle is fairly casual and like a natural looking foundation. Born This Way fits the bill. The only down side is that I have some large pores and I can’t say it provides camouflage for that, but nothing does. I would definitely consider buying this again. The last reviewer said this foundation looks yellow to her, but on me it shows pink undertones.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The shade range is a joke here, everything is so yellow and there are no pink toned or Truely fair shades. Even swan is yellow.
I am glad to hear they are adding cloud to be a true fair pinked tone shade and several deep shades so I will repurchase cloud to try it.
The formula is hydrating and gel like but never sets down and will transfer. It just sets on skin instead of blending in..
It feels heavy on the skin but lays well over patches and is medium coverage
I am 0cr in Dior backstage, NW10 in Mac, hourglass vanish stick in alabastaer, br10 in YSL, 3.75 in luminous silk but 2 works too, the lightest shade in L’Oréal infallible pro glow, porcelain 0.5 in tom Ford, beige rose in Chanel, shade 1 in Charlotte tilbury, R230 in MUFE- If you are a similar pink toned shade do not go for swan or snow, wait for cloud because they will not match you.

So yellow, and they oxidise down more yellow.

i have this in snow, and the color match is close (which is hard cause im ghostly pale) but, it just doesnt blend into the skin nicely. I think of this was a more radiant and glowy foundation i would like it more. As it is its more of a matte finish and it actually looks very bad on my nose. i wanted to like it. :(

on 7/6/2018 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

So when this foundation came out I didn't give it a second thought since they didn't even bother making this in my color. However after severe backlash, they decided to expand their color selection and I thought "why not?" Surprisingly I REALLY like this foundation! Surprisingly because I prefer my foundation to be very matte with full coverage. Born This Way is the exact opposite. It gives you a slight dewy luminous look without looking greasy. It's lightweight and you can actually see your skin underneath. This foundation is excellent for those hot humid summer days and I suspect it will be good for the cooler months when you're not in the mood for that heavy flawless look.

I'm glad that Too Faced listened to their audience and expanded their color choices. It's 2018! No excuses for NOT having a diverse color selection.