Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.3

on 1/21/2019 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

The foundation provides excellent coverage and is a velvet matte finish; it isn’t flat or overly drying. It is a little heavy looking in my opinion as I prefer dewier skin, but that is just my personal preference. It lasts very well, but I do need to hydrate well or it can look a little dry in areas like the crevices around my nose after a full day’s worth of wear.

on 1/8/2019 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Surprised that it doesn't have a higher rating. This is currently my go to foundation in the winter. There's good coverage without being drying and the finish is very natural. I am a NC 25 in MAC, Asian skin with neutral undertones, and find Vanilla to be a good match. I was matched to Warm Nude at first but I find that it oxidizes a bit so Vanilla is actually better. No complaints about the packaging. Pricier but worth it imo.

well whattaya know... the hype is real for this one.
I usually am weary and cautious of beauty products that I feel just tend to get “bandwagon” hype and reviews. There’s been a few products in the past that people go nuts about and I don’t see the bells and whistles to go ga ga over it but based off of 2 samples that lasted me about 4 tries I am pretty impressed. It went on and spread like a dream with my KVD foundation brush and covered all of my acne scars, redness and inconsistencies nicely without having to cake it on and looked so natural and made me look flawless. No dryness or oily spots just porcelain doll like skin.. After application I couldn’t help but think “well damn..” the reviews i’ve seen weren’t just beefed up.. like i said I had enough to keep giving it a few more times to really come to a fair review and I love the way it wore all day. No need for blotting which I liked. I have combo skin/sensitive skin and it never irritated my skin or made it dry or oily. I wouldn’t say HG just yet but it’s definitely a good one. However, for more oily skin and for summertime wear i’m not so sure if it would be that great but for wintertime wear this stuff is the real deal. I might take the dive and buy a whole bottle to wear for special ocassions or nights out. Good job TF!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I didn’t like this because it made me Sooo oily!!!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I’m not sure of this product would be at the top of my go to list, but I would likely buy it again. See an in depth video review if brûlée and chai here.

on 12/26/2018 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My foundation shade is nc15-20, revlon 150 buff, kat von d in 43 light.
This is slightly more neutral for my skin tone. I use this in snow and it's apparently the best shade match.
Coverage wise it is considered medium to full and it gives the most skin like finish. Probably the most natural higher coverage foundation I've ever used. Doesn't stay on for 12 or 16 hours in hot humid weather but definitely can last 8ish maybe? Does clings a little to dry patches but nothing too serious.

on 12/20/2018 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

i loved this some days and other days i hated how oily it would make me at the end of the day. the finish is so beautiful but the wear time sucked :(. super natural but covers like a dream.

on 12/12/2018 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Amazing! I get the hype!
First of all I got off of the new shades created by Jackie Aina, which is “Praline”- If this never existed I wouldn’t have had the chance to even try it. It’s a perfect match!

Consistency is thick and creamy, gives immediate coverage with minimal work (with a brush- not a sponge), blurs pores, provides a beautiful natural finish that oily skin definitely works with! I don’t look oily throughout the day. It looks even and I don’t have trouble blending any other liquid products on top. It doesn’t cling to peachfuzz, doesn’t break me out, doesn’t separate on my face and it doesn’t matter what primer I use. It gives a little flashback, nothing crazy but I am a brown girl. The difference in shade is noticeable but it’s workable. It is longwearing, I get no smile lines (but I do use a really good powder on top) and yeah it’s flawless I will definitely buy it again.

on 12/9/2018 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I think it’s really nice, it’s my second hi-end foundation I’ve used. I really like the way it looks on me, not cakey and have nice coverage (I only used one pump per face) but it oxidised on me like crazy and I haven’t realised that till recently. I don’t know if it’s the foundation, setting spray (I used UD all nighter) or I bought a wrong shade (I’m nc25 in Mac and I bought shade light medium)
I won’t buy it again cause I’d like to try their peach foundation instead or maybe another hi-end foundation.

I love the coverage and consistency of this product. it's hard to describe but it feels "cushion-y as I apply it on my skin. It has a pump dispenser that allows me to dispense small amounts at a time and I hope I'll be able to get every drop out of the bottle but we'll see. I have a lot of age spots from sun damage and it covers them so well without feeling heavy or looking like a mask. Love, love, love it!