Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about this foundation, as much as I wanted it to work...it`s a failure for oily skin. It is the first High End foundation I bought and since I didn`t know any better, I assumed it was the best out there; until I came across Estee Lauder Double Wear. It has a flawless coverage, it gives the skin a healthy glow and conceals any (minor) imperfections. However, after the first 2/3 hours, it becomes extremely cakey and it feels like it`s "melting" off the skin. I try to set it with Laura Mercier translucent powder, Mac Studio Fix Powder, nothing. Once the oil breaks through the skin, the entire face is ruined.
It`s still a beautiful foundation, and I try to wear it only when I know I won`t be outside for too long.
My shade is Porcelain and it complements my fair skin like no other foundation.

This foundation has been a life saver for me! I never used to have to wear any base, just a little concealer and powder on my nose. Then I developed type 1 rosacea (redness on cheeks and nose and visible veins). It completely changed the way my face looked as I previously was very pale with orange-ish freckles and yellow undertones. My neck is still very pale yellow. These new pink/red/purple tones in my skin made pretty much half my wardrobe and entire lipstick collection look terrible on. Transitioning to regularly wearing foundation has been a learning curve, and most days I just want something quick and easy. I have found Too Faced Born This Way in Porcelain to be perfect for this. Plus it is fragrance free and doesn't irritate my dry, very sensitive skin. Been using this for around 4 or 5 months now so feel confident saying it is a non irritating product, for me at least! Applied over Laura Mercier SPF 30 primer or a good amount of moisturiser it just seems to glide across and sink into the skin, looking really natural and not like makeup at all. The colour initially seems slightly dark for my pale skin, but once spread on my face evens out and covers up the redness well, matching my forehead (where I don't apply any product). You can still see a few of the freckles on my nose peeking through which helps make it look more natural. I apply this with my fingers - using a brush or beauty blender was less successful. A brush picks up dry patches on my skin, and I found a beauty blender sheered the product out too much. The only downside is this - on really bad skin days when I am very flushed some redness does show through. Those days require something more like the Kat Von D liquid foundation. Also, the shade guides online are a bit off. Porcelain is touted as more cool/pink toned, but definitely pulls more of a yellow toned peach on my skin. I would recommend trying out samples or checking colours in a store. Also not sooo keen on how the packaging looks, but it functions just fine. Overall though, 5/5 for great natural looking medium coverage and a non irritating fragrance free product.

on 9/12/2017 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I had high hopes for this as I was looking for a foundation that was extremely long-lasting, medium to full coverage, dewy (or at least luminous), and that looked really natural. A tall order, I realize but that is what this foundation sounded like when I saw beauty gurus on Youtube raving about it. I think they're probably just used to a way less natural look as was the person in Sephora who helped me who said the foundation looked great and "super natural". I was blown away by how terrible this looked on my skin! I'm 35 with some fine lines and some wrinkles but I do regular light peels and generally feel good about my skin. Also I have pretty normal skin in that it's not particularly oily nor particularly dry. This foundation settled into fine lines I didn't even know I had around my eyes, and it was so dry and thick that it was impossible to blend that area out without tugging hard at my skin. I could also see every bit of texture on my skin. Also, the colors ran very warm and considering I have a light olive tone I was surprised at how orange the "natural beige" looked on my skin. I couldn't really get a good color match. So glad I didn't buy this online like I almost did. I currently use Ellis Faas' foundation but I was looking for something with fuller coverage and longer-lasting but I would definitely rather pay more money for the Ellis Faas foundation and just use more product (or maybe more concealer underneath my foundation) than use Born This Way. Such a disappointment! If anyone knows a foundation that is dewy, medium/full coverage, long-lasting and natural/forgiving, would love recommendations!

on 9/11/2017 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This foundation accentuated my pores, rough skin texture and fine lines instead of gliding over my flaws. It's heavy, oxidized and doesn't look natural at all. It did hold up well when I exercised for an hour and was sweating which is good....but I won't buy this again.

I have oily skin, I got a sample of this from Sephora. I went in wanting to just try this because I had heard people RAVE about this foundation! Now, I LOVE too faced products. The hangover primer, shadow insurance, highlighters. Of course, my ride or die makeup product better than sex mascara. But this, sadly it disappointed me. it made me so shiny in my t-zone and even on the places on my face that never gets oily. It lasted for about 3 hours for me without getting oily, and it didn't fade. One thing I noticed, the more oily I got the heavier it felt. This didn't break me out, the coverage was medium to full coverage, it is buildable, which will help if you need more coverage in certain areas like me. This doesn't cake IF you apply it right ( not too much powder, less it more, etc...) If you have dry skin this will work amazing for you. It's hydrating and has a beautiful skin like finish. It's just if you have oily skin like me, I would get a sample to try this first before you purchase this. Overall wonderful foundation, if I wasn't oily I would totally buy this again. Also, DISCLAIMER!!! For my more emotional ladies out there, I had a crying fit with this on at school and it DOES NOT that through tears, it will streak and come right off!!

This foundation is awful ! I have dry skin and it makes me soo oily. It breaks up within 2 hours and it is super embarrasing when out in public. I would never repurchase this .

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation is awful! I have tried all kinds of high end and drug store foundations and this is something i would not repurchase. I received a sample from Sephora and that's all it took for me. This was very shiny and i only have combination skin...it didn't stay on at all and by the end of the day i looked like i had stuck my face in oil and had worked out all day. Im 35 and i age pretty well. This didnt stick in my lines bad but you could definitely see them more then usual. I will stick with my E.L. DW!

on 8/26/2017 10:33:00 AM

This is my go to foundation when I feel like i don't want to put that much on. It feels very light weight on the skin. It does have a light-medium coverage so it doesn't cover my redness and acne scares however, it is one of the few foundation that is build-able and won't cake at the same time. I like the dewy finish even tough i have oily skin. I say this foundation is good as long as you have a good primer base and set it with powder. I'm giving it 4 lipsticks because it has a very natural finish and is long wearing!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried this out as a sample and as part of a sephora makeover. I was in the shade almond and I was quite impressed at their shade range and the colour match. I liked it initially as the coverage is really nice. It covered most of my acne scars and redness in one layer. It looked really seamless and blended. The artist set it with lock-it powder and setting spray.
This was for an evening event so it wasn't on for more than 5 hours. Within that time, it got very very greasy (even though I have really quite dry skin) and creased. It also transferred like crazy to where I could basically wipe it off. I looked like a mess with a foundation mask on. I wanted to love it so much (I even asked specifically for it) but it's just not for me.

on 9/7/2017 6:56:00 AM

My first impression with this foundation was that it was everything that it was claiming. My skin is acne prone and super oily so most of the foundations that I use tent to melt of my face but this one did not melt off at all. It has a great coverage and it doesn't feel heavy on the skin at all. It also blends in nicely I have tried using it both with a brush and a beautyblender and it works perfectly with either of them. You can also build this product up and it won't look cakey. I didn't use it with a primer in my daily bases but when I needed a reinforcement with a controll shine primer it just works fenomenally.