COOLA Bare Republic by Coola sunscreen

COOLA Bare Republic by Coola sunscreen

4.4

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide- 3.2 Zinc Oxide- 1.7Inactive Ingredients: Adansonia Digitata Seed Oil*, Alcohol, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil*, Algae Extract*, Allyl Heptanoate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dodecane, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract*, Gamma Decalactone, Gamma Octalactone, Gamma-Nonalactone, Glycerin*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Heliotropine, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Isopropyl Myristate, Polyamide-5, Polysilicone-11, Propylene Carbonate, Raspberry Ketone, Silica, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Triethyl Citrate, Vanillin.

This is a weird formula. The 2 of the top 3 ingredients are oils, but then there's also alcohol and a bunch of 'cones, so while it's slippery for a good 5-10 minutes, once that's past, it's actually drying. If you're looking for a mattifying product, this may be a good choice, but if your skin leans at all dry, I'd pass.

Other notes: blends pretty easily, does ghost a fair amount, seems to wear well.

on 7/2/2017 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I love this sunscreen. As others have pointed out, you need to shake it up before using. It's a light, creamy formula that glides on smoothly and dries to a soft, transparent finish that makes a good base for makeup. I put it on over moisturizer (that has already dried/absorbed), and it doesn't pill or separate. Will definitely buy again!

on 12/12/2016 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought this specifically for my chest/neck. I use TiZo3 on my face, and the slight tint, which is good on my face, I think rubs off on clothing. But my neck and chest need a "face quality" sunscreen as I can get acne there.

Must shake tube well before each use, or just watery stuff comes out. This bugs me because I have had about 1/2 teaspoon of water - part lost which maybe affected the rest of the tube, so that is a con. Slight white cast, but actually, I like this ok on my chest as I have a bit of sun damage there (tan/uneven/redness) and it very slightly covers and evens. Kind of demi - matte finish, nice. I use it on the backs of my hands too. Does not appear to stain the neckline of my clothing. Does not appear to break out my chest.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This isn't a bad sunscreen by any means, although there's a few cons that make me question repurchasing it.

The SPF 50 version is very chalky and broke me out.

The SPF 30 versions however, are a completely different (better) formula. I have it in the spf 30 untinted and the tinted version.

Pros:
-Invisible

-I can apply a full 1/4th tsp (thats how much you need to get the advertised SPF btw) without looking gross

-Very light

-Nongreasy.

-Plays beautifully with my very matte foundation (meaning it doesn't ball up like some nasty formulas do).

-The tinted version's tint is very sheer. I can get away wearing it and I'm NC10.

Cons:
-This has very little zinc oxide in it. I supposed they did that to avoid whitecast. However it ruins the product for me because in turn, the UVA (aging rays!) protection is next to none.

-Alcohol is high up on the ingredient list. I missed that the first time I looked at the ingredient list because I was so focused on what the uv filters were and what pore clogging ingredients it may have.

-I had to order through online since local Targets don't carry it. I paid about $6 for it to take a week in the mail. It was completely melted by the time it arrived. The customer care was awful. They never even sent out a tracking confirmation. So just get it from Target if you can.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I decided to get this sunscreen because I thought it was be a more affordable version of the mineral Coola sunscreens. Like Coola, this product leaves very little white cast and so it wears nicely by itself and under makeup, but that's just about where the similarities end.

This Bare Republic sunscreen is light, watery, and lotion-like in consistency, even after shaking the tube before application. It also has a very "slippery" feel to it, almost like argan oil, and it's as if some of the ingredients quickly sink into the skin but others sit on top and leave a filmy layer. Some people might appreciate the extra moisturizing layer though. Another thing that might be a hit-or-miss is that this product is scented. While I am not sensitive to fragrance, I find that this smells overwhelmingly of vanilla and coconut and that it doesn't dissipate even after a few hours.

Since it's recommended that you apply a quarter-teaspoon's worth of sunscreen to your face in order for the sun protection properties to be effective, I apply this product in small portions -- first I dispense and apply a little less than a pea-sized amount, wait and let it sink in, then repeat. I do this about two to four times total; I find this product to be too greasy for me if I apply a large amount all at once.

Overall, I do think this is a good product. It's a sunscreen for people who hate the chalky, thick, and sticky feel of most sunscreens. I do plan on finishing this product, but personally the smell is what keeps me from repurchasing if I ran out. (I also prefer Coola's formula for the matte, unscented, and untinted mineral sunscreen, it's more structured -- it's a cream, but feels "dry" and airy like a souffle or mousse and it doesn't leave anything behind after application.)

Ingredients:
+ Active: Titanium dioxide (3.2%), Zinc oxide (1.7%)
+ Inactive: Adansonia Digitata Seed Oil*, Alcohol, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil*, Algae Extract*, Allyl Heptanoate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dodecane, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract*, Gamma Decalactone, Gamma Octalactone, Gamma- Nonalactone, Glycerin*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Heliotropine, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Isopropyl Myristate, Polyamide-5, Polysilicone-11, Propylene Carbonate, Raspberry Ketone, Silica, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Triethyl Citrate, Vanillin (*Certified Organic Ingredients)

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I bought this sunscreen twice because I thought I lost the first one. At first blush, 15 USD may seem like a lot but when I see the price of La Roche Posay or Cotz and price per ounce, Coola comes out cheaper. I have been using this for about a month and so far, it doesn't break me out, make me itch, or anything of that nature. It doesn't leave a white cast on me and I am pretty dark. It is a bit oily but I can deal with that. This is on my continue buy until the ingredients are changed for the worse. A boon for me it is that it is helping to fade dark marks with another product I am using in conjunction with this sunscreen.

on 6/25/2016 2:52:00 PM

I honestly love this sunscreen. I bought it before going to a music festival and it was a dream to work with. Usually when I apply sunscreen to my face it leaves me oily and not able to properly apply makeup, but not this. It applies beautifully and feels like silk, it is a mineral sunscreen so it does not leave you greasy, and I like to use it as a primer right before I apply my foundation.

It is a white sunscreen and I have very fair skin so I am not sure if it would leave a white wash on someone with darker skin, so be wary of that and make sure you work it in well.

I reapplied after a few hours directly over my foundation and did not notice any change in the appearance of my makeup, nor did it settle into any fine lines. I also did not notice any of it sweating off throughout the day but I only applied in thin layers.

I like this sunscreen because it doesn't feel greasy or shiney after applying on. It comes out of the tube kinda liquid-ey (need to shake it first), and it applies so smooth and satin-y. It goes into your skin very nicely and it makes my skin soft.

This is my go-to sunscreen for every day. I usually put it on after my moisturizer and before my concealer/foundation. I also like that it's all-natural and chemical free, and also eco-friendly. Nice to know that what I'm putting on my skin won't cause any coral bleaching when I'm out at the beach.

Does leave a tiny white cast, although it is very subtle and nothing noticeable at all. I wish the packaging was a little more effective though, a tube for and almost liquid product is kind of annoying. Left over product tends to dry up at the cap and it's kinda gross looking lol.

Overall, a very nice sunscreen that's good for everyday use, especially for people who wear sunscreen under makeup. I can leave the house knowing that my skin is protected. I've bought two tubes so far. Until I find a better product with guaranteed protected SPF, I will continue to use this one :)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

THE only sunscreen I can wear on my face. All others have caused rash, hives, itching, cystic acne, redness, oiliness, etc. Best stuff ever made.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

FINALLY A SUNSCREEN THAT DOESNT BREAK ME OUT!! I cannot say enough good things about this product, but for starters, it's all natural, completely matte (goes on feeling powdery), and does not cause any skin irritation or breakouts and I have acne prone skin. I have tried so many sunscreen brands including neutrogena oil free ones and they still broke me out. Definitely worth the $14 at your local target! And does a good job of UVA protection for fair skinned people like myself.