Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette

Shade and Light Eye Contour PaletteShade and Light Eye Contour Palette

4.6

on 1/10/2018 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Definitely would not re-purchase. The brown colors are all too warm for my skin, except the cool quads. The brown color on the cool quad is too dark for my skin. I am someone who have a tendency towards natural looks so to have zero option for it is disappointing.

Another thing is most of the shadows are very powdery aside from the light shades, which are for the browbones and the yellow base color on the warm quad. The light shades I must admit blends well. But the darker shades can't really blend around, it is easier to draw it as shadow liner than to blend it.

This is honestly so disappointing for me because even the brown neutral shades look really red and puffy on my eyes. I would like to see Kat von D produce more blend-able cool toned eyeshadows in the future

on 1/5/2018 4:28:00 AM

I've had this since it came out and I've only hit pan on one shadow. I use this all the time. It's my all time favourite palette.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the palette you need in your collection if you looking for under-tone eyeshadow. The variety of nudes and neutrals could create tens of beautiful day to day eye-looks, as well as dark smokey ones. If you are a makeup collector, this comes in handy when using palettes which lack transition and crease colors. I have a cool tone skin type, and most of the eyeshadow palettes I own are on the warm spectrum, however, when combined with one or two shades off this palette, they give the most flattering balance. The pigmentation is UNREAL. A little goes a very, very, very long way and ensures deep color show off. The fallout does not seem to be the case with this palette either, although the texture is so mildly powdered.
It is a must in everyone`s collection, whether you are thinking of starting wearing makeup or already have tens of palettes.

on 12/9/2017 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Im on the fence with this.

Pros :
1. Generous offer for base colors which tackles the problems with most (if not all) palettes. Value wise, this palette makes a lot sense.
2. Good-to-go palette for almost every look. Natural, work, glam, this palette rocks it.
3. Good for any level makeup expertise. Beginner to pro, this palette got your back.
4. Great price point. Im not saying this is cheap, but the price is justified for the quality

Cons :
1. The texture is bit too dry (I cant say chalky either) to my liking
2. I'm NC 25 and the neutral quad is too blah IMO. It just rubs me in the wrong way, if I may say that

I still like my LORAC palette better than this, but I can live with this palette, will use it, but will not repurchase it.

AMAZING! I waited over a year to buy this because I thought it would be a boring palette and I wanted to make sure I really wanted it before I bought it. Well, my lemming persisted and I finally got one during the Sephora sale....it was completely worth it and worthy of the hype. It's far from boring, the colors are perfect for everyday neutral looks and no shimmers which is what I wanted. The eyeshadows are smooth and soft and rich with color. There is a little kickback but I expect that with soft eyeshadows. I love that there's only 4 shades per tone, so that it makes it easy to decide where to place on your lid. This is my staple item now and the first palette i've ever felt like i would get a backup for, in case it ever gets discontinued!

on 11/26/2017 2:08:00 PM

My all time favourite. Copious matte looks, shades are gorgeous and blend perfectly (even the black one), packaging is great.

I don´t mind the kickback, I just don´t dig into the shades with my brush! I will definitely repurchase it once I use up most of the browns and peachy eyeshadows.

on 11/25/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I fell in love with this palette the first time I used it. Since then I have used it almost every day and have found ways to use it for any occasion. Firstly, the packaging is beautiful and even comes with suggested steps to create looks, which is particularly helpful for those who are less experienced with makeup. The best part of the packaging has to be the enormous mirror. The palette does not come with a brush, which will only be an issue for some consumers. The shadows themselves are pretty much all I could ask for in a neutral palette. The colors are beautiful, highly pigmented, and easy to blend. They're super soft, although a bit powdery. That can be difficult to overcome for those of us who have become accustomed to palettes where it's harder to pick up the product. Fallout is pretty easily avoided by being gentle when picking up the product on the brush. My only issue with some of the lighter shadows is because I have watery eyes, which can wet wash some of the product away if I don't add a little extra. On the other hand, I've had the product survive sweat, tears, and even come out mostly intact from a shower! The palette is $48 and I absolutely intend to repurchase this whenever I run out!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

MY MOST FAVORITE EYESHADOW PALETTE EVER
the formula is no doubt, one of the best ever (no need any explanation about this)
best palette for daily look, neutral look, smokey look, or any look tbh
this just glides on my eyelid very easily, blend really good, pigmented.

i can't explain how much i love this palette
i never have a bad eyelook day whenever i use this palette

the packaging is great, very speaks to me
if you are someone who looking for a great neutral eyeshadow palette and willing to pay extra money
go for this product

i think you will love this

on 10/23/2017 10:56:00 PM

I love this palette by Kat Von D ! I was surprised with the pillowy soft texture of the shadows and loved how well they blended out. "Shade and Light Contour" palette is definitely a winner ! These colors are very pigmented and I love the "highlight" shades that come with each quad. It's very effective. All the colors are !

I love love love this palette. The color payoff is awesome, great pigmentation, easy to blend. I just can't stop raving about this palette.
The colors are so neutral and easily match with any kind of makeup you put on.

I have several eyeshadow palette but this one is definitely my favorite. Sometimes with eyeshadow palette, you would end not being able to use all colors, but it doesn't happen with this one, all colors are super easy to use.

I always pick this one for my travelling palette because I got everything in one. I use the peachy color as blush on and the soft brown for contour. It's just perfect, this palette makes my travelling so much easier.

The eyeshadows may have some fall-out, I would suggest to tap off the excess before application.

I have no complaint on the price as it is still few bucks cheaper than UD Naked palette. I would say much more worth it than Naked since I'm able to use all colors (not the case with Naked palette).

Maybe the only downside for me is that I would always pretty much end up with similar eye makeup no matter which color I'm using, but maybe I'm just lacking the makeup skill.

I would definitely repurchase and I suggest people who are looking for matte neutral eyeshadow palette, go with this one, you won't be disappointed.