Maybelline New York Master Prime Blur + Redness Control

2.6

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this on a whim one day in Ulta because I was not wearing foundation that day and my face was red. It said on the tube that you could wear it alone, so that is what I did. I slathered it on my face and it did absolutely nothing except maybe make me look oilier. The primer itself just looks white (no visible green pigment). It does NOTHING for redness and I don't know why it claims that it does. I ended up returning it later that same day.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a basic primer. It helps my foundation go on smoother, but it is in no way a color correcting product. Not even a little bit.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is the only full face primer I've used (I used UD's Eyeshadow Primer Potion years ago), so I can't really compare it to anything else. I bought it because I thought it would help with toning down the redness of breakouts, but I don't really see a difference when I have it on. Because of that I don't even bother putting it on my face, but I do still use it as a base under eyeshadow because I like the tackiness of it. It didn't really do what I wanted and therefore mainly sits in my makeup bag unused, so I won't be repurchashing this product.

It does nothing but make my skin super oily. I’ve tried it a few times and feel like an oil slick after a few hours. It does not help blur my pores or control my redness. I threw it out.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

Blur? Yes. Redness Control? Not at all! Despite the colour on the packaging this primer is basically white/transparent (see image), there's nothing green about it and it does nothing to combat redness. It's inexpensive and does make the foundation go on more smoothly but it doesn't really extend the wear of my make-up. Overall an OK primer but not for redness control.

Love it. Great texture. It does attenuate the redness.

Very disappointed. First, it says "Blur + Redness Control." My face tends to be very red, thus part of the reason I need primer. This primer did absolutely nothing to control the redness of my face. Also, it's very thin, so you have to use quite a bit to cover your face, and it does not hold makeup in place the way that a primer should. Overall, I would not re-purchase or recommend this product for anyone. You get almost nothing for the price. I think I paid somewhere around the $10 mark, which I know isn't a lot in the grand scheme of these, but the primer I usually buy *and love* is only about $7. They were out at the time, and I usually have pretty good luck with Maybelline products, so I thought I would give this one a chance. I wish I had gone to a different store to purchase my usual primer, because I've been nothing but disappointed in this one! :( The packaging isn't great either and I feel like it would be easy to break the cap if I were to pack it in my makeup case going on a trip.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have purchased this primer twice because it's affordable and goes on incredibly smooth. In terms of reducing redness, it kind of does that but I bought a second tube becuase likd I said, it's affordable lol.

One of these will last you quite a while and I use this on a daily basis before I ready my face for work. It comes out in milky looking liquid, light green and easy to apply. I personally like to squeeze out a dime size on my middle finger, spread it to my other fingers, dot away and then start spreading it all over my face. My skin concern is mostly redness because I still breakout from time to time (unfortunately) and as for blurring my pores, I think mine are very small because I do a facial at least once a week to clean out all that gunk that I apply on my face daily ^.^'

The big FAT CON > I wish it did a better job at reducing redness.

I have redness in my face almost always. This primer is super affordable and it works! Not thick at all and no hint at residue either. I always wear this.

On my second bottle.
ABSOULTLY LOVE.
Redness is a BIG problem for me and I found that this was a great primer for it. I liked to use this under my foundation--obviously--but I also liked using it with a little bit of power on those days when I didn't want to put much make up on.
I paid about $15.00 CAD for this which is relatively cheap compared to the expensive primers you can get but when you're buying other things it can add up.