GUERLAIN Shalimar Souffle de Parfum

Filtered by skin type : Combination
GUERLAIN Shalimar Souffle de Parfum

3.3

I actually really like this perfume. I wish though that it wasn’t under the Shalimar name because if this was made in a different bottle and named something else I think people would love this scent more. I think it being compared to Shalimar so strongly is kinda unfair imo. But I’m the type who just loves to wear a good perfume names don’t matter too much to me. Onto to the scent I really love the citrus opening if the bergamot was stronger it would probably be a touch more Shalimar like. But I love the citrus opening of this it smells so fresh but not clean just fresh and citrusy. Then as it goes on I get the beautiful Jasmine with the orange blossom it’s lovely. Finally I like the vanillas and I’m a musk lover so I enjoy this a lot!

What I love is that the white musk is not laundry like at all. To me it’s a smooth sweet musk that pairs well with the vanillas. As I type this I catch whiffs of the vanilla and I really adore it. I bought this on a blind buy due to my love of white florals so I’m super happy! I purchased the 3oz bottle and I adore the bottle..... so pretty! I would buy this again it’s wonderful. But I would also like Pafume initial brought back I just wanted to throw that out as that was very Shalimar like so why it was d/c’d is beyond me?!? I want to get this in the intense as I do wish this was a bit stronger. Still this is a lovely scent so I’m a happy girl. :)

The original Shalimar is great, but I find it a bit overwhelming, even though I love heady oriental scents. I guess I'm not brave enough yet to pull of the original Shalimar. Yesterday my SA showed me this one, and oh my.... it is perfect! It's exactly what I look for in an allround scent. It's sweet, heady, elegant and sensual. It reminds me of Voile d'Ambre by Yves Rocher, but less agressive. I wore Voile d'Ambre on my honeymoon a few years ago and this Shalimar reminds me so much of it. All the happy feelings come back to me. Even though I came a long way since my honeymoon and I no longer wear the Yves Rocher scent, I feel that Shalimar Souffle de Parfum embodies the transformation I made from a girl to a woman. More developped and wiser, happy with who I am but never forgetting who I once was.

on 1/25/2015 12:58:00 PM

The previous poster is absolutely right. This has none of the mavgic of the original. It's just yet another aquatic, citrusy, boring juice that some people believe is obligatory for summer. Shalimar ozonic, laundry-like?! Sacrilege! Heresy!

Why, oh WHY, can't these companies leave classics well enough alone? Why can't they be honest and give new names to their creations when they cater to the "natural," girly, Eau de Mallrat contingent, instead of desecrating the old classics? Maybe because they need the reputation and the charm of the old classics to actually SELL the new mainstream stuff?

I knew Guerlain - as most other traditional designer companies - was going down the hill when they reformulated Mitsouko. I wrote them a terse letter and never forgave them for that.

And no, it's no good giving me excuses of any kind. That's like saying it would be ok to whitewash the Mona Lisa because it offends some bigoted cretin somewhere. It is simply NOT done. And I am adamant in my opinion.

Popular Fragrances