MILANI Color Statement Matte Lipstick

4.3

Not tested on animals

Isononyl Isononanoate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polyethylene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Synthetic Wax, Mica, Stearalkonium Hectorite, C30-45 Alkyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cetyl Dimethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, Ethyl Vanillin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-4, Dicalcium Phosphate. +/- May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 (CI 45410), Red 34 (CI 15880), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Like so many others, I am a huge fan of matte lipsticks because of the way that they wear compared to creamier or shinier formulas. As far as drugstore goes, Milani's are some of the best. I prefer NYX matte lipsticks over these, but just by a little bit--I think NYX has more interesting colors while Milani's range is more everyday shades with a few "fun" colors thrown in. Regardless, the formula is very nice, they wear well, and the packaging is also beautiful. They're a little more expensive than some other options, but they're still pretty affordable. I don't love the scent that Milani puts in their lipsticks, but I find that I notice it less and less each time I wear them. I love their regular (non-matte) Color Statement lipsticks as well, so if you're looking for new lipsticks I highly recommend checking them out.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have several of these matte lipsticks and can't recommend them highly enough. I am not a huge lover of matte lipsticks because so many of them dry out my lips so fast. These are an awesome matte formula - way less drying than so many out there. And the color selection is fantastic. I have Beauty, Flawless, and a few others whose names I can't recall at the moment and I love them all. The scent is a light vanilla which is delightful (way more mild than the MAC vanilla scent). These last very well - obviously you have to reapply after eating, but I can get a good four hours of wear out of them if I don't eat. These are some of the best lipsticks by far at the drugstore.

I bought Matte tender at Walmart. Loved it so much and went back to get matte dreamy. They are similar. Smooth texture and unscented. I think Tender or dreamy could be a dupe for Charlotte Tilbury's walk of shame?( I don't own that lipstick). I apply lip balm underneath them and apply the lipstick lightly. So pretty.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought "Matte Iconic," and it is a beautifully smooth matte deep true red.
Many reds have the frustrating tendency to go hot pink on NW15 me, so I always love it when I find a red that looks RED on me, like Iconic does. It's a blue red, and I can tell that it *wants* to go pink on me, but it stays red.
Other positives:
-cruelty-free
-silky matte-but-not-dry texture
-tenacious wear
-pleasant vanilla scent
-very reasonable price
What's not to love?
It could be a bit more pigmented, but it's really just fine.
I'm eyeing other shades in this formula!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Absolutely my favourite lipstick formula ever. I own the shades Darling and Naked and both are fantastic. I can't wait to add more shades to my collection (especially if they ever bring more nude-y shades to my local drugstore). They stay on forever, they never look patchy or streaky, they don't emphasize dryness and they feel like nothing on the lips! This formula is a winner all around!

Edit: I also added the shades Confident and Innocence to my collection, which are both amazing. Definitely give Innocence a chance, it's a gorgeous nude on lighter skin tones (NW18) but not so light it looks like concealer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I am SOLD with this lip line! I absolutely love them. I own about 7 shades and love them all. I would say half of the lipsticks are a matte finish and the other half are satin. Don't remember the total number of shades there are, but it's about 70 or 80 of them.with a wide range of color. The MATTE lipsticks will have that word labeled over the shade name, while the satin ones will only have the shade name. Matte lipsticks have a sweet vanilla scent, the satin ones smell like juicy watermelon. Which to me, isn't overpowering. Packaging was a nice choice, doesn't make them look cheap, instead, makes you feel like you're holding a high end product. How it feels on lips? Well it's actually very lightweight, creamy, comfortable and lasts a good time about 6-7 hours for both finishes. Tends to feather a bit so i use a lip liner also to make it easier to apply the lipstick. Overall, i think quality, pigment, and longevity is fair for its price. Definitively Stock up before they discontinue!!! :) xD

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ive finally bought this lipstick after hearing so many good reviews on it. All the reviews turn out to be true. This lipstick is creamy, lightweight, pigmented, not drying, and lasts a while. It has a matte finish as the name says and a faint hot chocolate scent.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I'm anywhere b/n an NC 40-45 depending on the season. This is the perfect not too pale (on me) nude-ish pink / brown color I love so much. It was only $8 CAD too. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging but that's ok, the product itself is great. I'm also relieved that it does not smell like toxic watermelon as their regular lipsticks do. Only gripe is that it does not last long on my lips at all. The new Essence Matt Matt lipsticks are $3 less & seem to last for hrs. At any rate, the pigmentation is strong, the color's the type that can flatter most skin tones & the price is under $10. I will re-purchase more in this line for sure.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Love love love this lipstick. Nice smell. Good consistency. Lovely colors. Good staying power. It can go up against MAC or Bite anyday and at about 7- a pop, you can afford to splurge. Favorite color: 61 Matte Naked.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

Picked up this product because of how much hype it got- wanted to try it out! It's a BEAUTIFUL product! Very creamy and hydrating, especially for a matte. I would even go so far as to compare this to my MAC lipsticks, they're that good.