Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown
Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

3.3

on 1/2/2017 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Ok firstly I've given the price 3 because to ship it to the UK was very expensive! The palette is similar to Naked palettes so I'm used to the price of the actual product. So the price rating was mostly for shipping to the UK.

Packaging - Very tacky purple and gold box. I personally like minimalist packaging like MAC or NARS but that's just me. For an expensive palette, the box is plasticky and a little underwhelming for how much money I paid! The mirror is nice and large but it's all too plastic and cheap for me. Other popular palettes have better packaging for sure.

Pigmentation - You won't see an immediate colour you need to build! This means these aren't very pigmented, this may be because of its natural ingredients? It can be a little tedious really packing on a base colour for ages and blending for ages with a colour you want a lot of intensity from! The intensity of these get a 2/5 from me

Colour range - Beautiful colour range! I saw this on Instagram a year ago and I fell in love with it! I had to have it and when it came it didn't disappoint in terms of colour variation. I like that each row horizontally can be used together to make classic looks of one colour but different shades. For those who have given this a bad review because all the shades are matte.. the point of it is to be a matte palette. I bought this for mattes because owning naked palettes is making me tired of shimmers. Buy this if you love matte and are confident it doesn't bore you!

Usage - It takes a little longer to blend with these, it's not as smooth as a MAC or urban decay shadow. I think many lovely looks can be made with this palette on its own! Mattes can be stunning and classy. If you want to use other eyeshadows it works well with them too. I did use the purples with a shimmery pink look and it all blended well.

Overall, I like this palette, it's classic mattes and it's beautiful!

Pros - nice range of colours, finally and all matte palette! some of us don't like shimmer, big mirror, firm case, lots of transition shades!!

Cons - A little hard to blend, not very pigmented, tacky packaging and looks a little cheap for the price it is!

on 8/11/2016 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I had to return this.

The positives of this palette are the following: sturdy, attractive case, nice sized mirror, the appearance of beautiful, matte shades. Testing the display palette at Sephora resulted in buttery colours on my fingers.

However, I could not get this to work for me. As stated in previous reviews, once applied onto the eyelid, the colours are just too similar to each other and no gradients, shading and distinction of colours could show up on my Indian skin. The shades I used all turned into a mauve-gray muddy mess. And while I readily admit that I am definitely no eye shadow expert, I've had other palettes work for me much better.

I can see how and why other reviewers might like it - it is completely matte, and the colours look flattering in the package. I personally couldn't get it to do what I wanted, so back it went.

on 4/10/2015 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

I love that this palette is matte and neutral - that is so hard to find! There are some gorgeous colours in there that I can use for many different looks. My only complaint is that the shadows are not that easy to blend - you have to work at it. I am still happy to have a matte palette though and would repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials