Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Filtered by age: 25-29
Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

4.2

Couple years ago this would be my HG palette, but since there are so many better palettes available at Tarte today - I think that unless you only use neutral/cool-toned matte shadows - you won't really be able to create a variety of looks with this palette alone.

Quality-wise this palette is fab; almost every single shade here is pigmented, blendable and buttery smooth. They last a very good time on the eye and are not too powdery. You can always read more about application and see swatches in a separate review here ( http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/02/16/Tartelette-Exposed ). All in all, I think it is nice, but if I were to choose between this and their Tartelette in Bloom or even Tarteist Pro - I would get one of the latter ones, because they do have some fun shimmers in them too, which allows you to be tht extra bit creative. If you like warm eyeshadows, again - go for Bloom.

on 4/29/2016 1:44:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm so torn about this palette. I think it's beautiful and sleek, and contains just about every shade I would need to do a matte eye look with neutral shades, from the most natural to the over-the-top dramatic.

For the most part, the quality of the shadows is really good, and I mostly only have one complaint (it's a big one though!): the darker shades in the palette are a huuuuuge pain to blend. Like, I can spend FOREVER trying to blend out any of the shades in the right column, and the best I ever get is "oh well, that will have to do". And by the time I do manage to blend those shades out enough that they don't look harsh, the whole look gets that muddy/bruised-looking effect that just isn't cute.

I'm going to keep the palette and continue to use it because the lighter shades are all pretty stellar and the packaging is great for travel; however, I'm kinda disappointed overall and I wouldn't repurchase this palette unless Tarte reformulated some of the deeper shades.

I just purchased this palette the other day and do not regret it one bit! The colours look amazing on my super pale skin and they are all matte, which is what I prefer. They are so pretty and natural-looking. I am not an eye shadow expert, but the quality seems good to me. The palette itself is quite nice, is nice and sturdy and it contains a pretty huge mirror which is helpful during application.

on 4/13/2016 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this palette. The matte colours are beautiful, and I find myself reaching for it on a daily basis for my go-to makeup. I also have the Two-Face Chocolate Bar Palette and Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette, but this one is my favourite.

I like that Tarte included a guide to apply daytime and evening time looks. However, I do wish the guide included use of the other colours in the palette. I don't spend hours watching YouTube videos and find the guide guide handy as I keep it on my dresser. I think this palette is perfect for a beginner like myself who would like to experiment with a bit of eye contouring.

on 3/28/2016 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

My first matte eyeshadow palette and I feel a little underwhelmed. Some shades (*ahem*, Caregiver I'm looking at you!) are way too powdery and a bad idea for those who have sensitive eyes or wear contacts. Personally find Best Friend super hard to blend. They also make my eyes look a little bruised (along with Dreamer and Force of Nature), but that might just be my skin tone. The other shades are alright (Natural Beauty and Colour Player are great!) but I feel that it takes forever to build these colours to a desirable shade. Just saw Tartlette's In Bloom palette and now I really wished I bought that instead... 3/5

on 2/14/2016 5:53:00 AM

Love this palette so much! Definitely a new favourite! I got this as a birthday present a month ago and haven't stopped reaching for it since. I love how the shades are all so buttery and pigmented and apply so smoothly. Great to buy if you don't have a nude matte palette already. Even though I have a nude matte eye shadow palette, I strictly bought this for the middle mauvey/purple shades because I didn't have those in my collection yet. But once I got the palette I realized each shade is a bit different than the shadows I already have, so this whole palette was worth it to me. I'm not gonna lie I thought the palette was going to be bigger for some reason, I think because it looks bigger on YouTube reviews haha. But still the shadows are a good size so no complaints here. My current HG and staple palette!!

on 1/9/2016 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I kept putting off buying this palette because after switching it on my arm, I was convinced the colors were too cool toned. I ordered some warm Mac and MUG singles in some of the basic matte transition shades but felt like they pulled more orange on me than I wanted for every single look.

Enter this palette: I ordered this in November during the VIB sale and have not put it down since. This is a palette full of perfect neutral shades. It's what I wanted both Naked Basics palettes to be but i found them to be too ashy and cool toned for my tastes. They sort of blended into one muddy color no matter how I used them. I have all three Naked palettes as well and Tartelette works with them in perfect harmony. I think I'll get more use of my Naked palettes now that I have transition colors that work with all three. The shadows are pigmented and blend out smoothly. I wear this palette alone during the work week with winged liner most of the time.

This would be an ideal beginner palette for someone who didn't have any transition shades and wasn't sure where to start as well as an accompaniment for any palette with too much glitter and not enough mattes.

on 1/5/2016 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

THIS IS MY HOLY GRAIL EYE SHADOW PALETTE (and that's saying a lot b/c I'm an eye shadow palette junkie!!) If you're into neutral mattes you're gonna love this! A kind of similar palette to this would be the Sonia Kashuk Eye on Neutral #2 Palette, which I have and love, but I did get it on sale when target was going through it's liquidation for $15. It usually retails for $20USD which converts to about $28CAD and since Canada doesn't have Target any more, us Canadians would have to buy online. With shipping costs the price would be around $35CAD, which isn't too far off from the price of the Tartelette palette $54CAD. So if you're Canadian and thinking about getting this, definitely splurge and go for it! Even if you're able to get the Sonia Kashuk one for an ok price, I would still recommend the Tartelette over it anyday. The shadows are so much more buttery and smooth, while the Sonia Kashuk shadows can be a little powdery with some colours not being as pigmented as others. This palette is organized in rows from light to dark with one row being warm neutrals, the second being mauvey purples and the third being cooler neutrals. I love how it's organized and did I mention the packaging is absolutely gorgeous?? Overall, If you're into mattes and neutrals with hints of wearable purples, GO FOR IT!!!

As much as I really wanted this palette and I do really like it, I wouldn't repurchase as I didnt find the shades of colours that varied, they are just very similar for me and not much I can do with them to create several looks. The eyeshadows themselves are really pigmented and last a good amount of time. We don't have a store that sells Tarte Cosmetics in the UK so I ended up paying 50GBP for this from Amazon so wasn't worth it in my books.

on 9/8/2015 3:01:00 PM

My favorite eyeshadow palette. I have Naked 1, the balm Jovi, lorac pro 1, Sonia Kashuk matte palette. This one I adore for the color combinations and the fact that it's all matte. If it didn't have the line of Pinks and purples, I don't know if I would like it as much.

I like that I can create a pretty work day look and a sophisticated dramatic look with just 1 palette.

I like that's it has neutral, warm and cool colors, it gives me options.

The packaging is beautiful and solid. The Eyeshadows are pigmented and blendable, soft but not chalky.

Totally recommend!