MAC Keepsakes/Red Lip Bag Holiday Collection 2014

MAC Keepsakes/Red Lip Bag Holiday Collection 2014
Keepsakes/Red Lip Bag Holiday Collection 2014Keepsakes/Red Lip Bag Holiday Collection 2014

1 review

Ruby Woo is my HG red. So I had to get this (I bought two). The idea of getting a Ruby Woo liner was the selling point for me but the Ruby Woo gloss was just the cherry on top!

For those of you that don't know Ruby Woo. It is a beautiful blue-based red. It is vivid and vibrant (think coke can red). It is a matte and it criticised for being very drying and hard to wear. Personally, I don't mind this because I exfoliate (using Lush's lip sugar scrub in bubblegum. The bonus being its edible and moisturise with Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream)

The packaging: it is a cream, glitter, dome shaped, zip case with the Keepsake/Objection of Affection logo head on the zip. It is pearl lined on both sides along the zip.

The Products: There are three items in the set. Ruby Woo lipstick, liner and lipglass. The lipstick is all all black sleek matte packaging with a black MAC logo and black dots (resembling the pearls on the zip) the entire way around the tube. The twist part of the tube is also black. It is the same beautiful Ruby Woo as always.

The lipglass (4.8ml/0.16oz). It has a black matte top and the same black dots surrounding the tube. It is quite thick and gloopy which some people won't like but I like it because it has great staying power. I think it is a slightly different shade to Ruby Woo but then again it is a gloss as opposed to a matte lipstick. For those who don't like how matte Rub Woo lipstick is, perhaps using the liner alone or with the gloss (or the gloss alone) would be better for them.

The lip pencil again has the same all black matte packaging with the black dots all around the cap. It is the perfect match to Ruby Woo. It is identical as far as I can tell and would look amazing alone or pared with the lipstick, the gloss or both.

All in all this is a great buy. It and the Objects of Affection Beige/Gold Pigments & Glitter set were the two products I really wanted and out of the entire collection they are the two pieces I would recommend to buy. I would have been happy with just the products but the bag is a welcomed extra. Again, the gloss is a great alternative for this that don't like how matte Ruby Woo is. Also, using both the liner and the lipstick and some of the gloss on top may mitigate the dryness.

Miss this and miss out!