Too Faced Hangover Rx Replenishing Face Primer

Too Faced Hangover Rx Replenishing Face Primer
Hangover Rx Replenishing Face PrimerHangover Rx Replenishing Face Primer

3.7

Water, Lactobacillus/Salix Alba Bark Ferment Filtrate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Propanediol, Ceteareth-6 Olivate, Olive Glycerides, Lactobacillus Ferment, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Cellulose Gum, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Pectin, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Xanthan Gum, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Juice, Lauryl Alcohol Diphosphonic Acid, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Lecithin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Fragrance, Lauric Acid, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid.

Used to think I loved this primer, since is hydrated my combination to dry skin, but I found out that it broke me out like crazy, leaving me with huge scars right now even though I stopped using this product for months!

Really, really love this primer! It's so hydrating and smoothing without the silicone-s. What I don't get but I really like is that despite the faint coconut smell, it honestly does not irritate my skin - and I have really sensitive, reactive skin. So I'm quite happy about this.
It does dry to a sticky finish.

All in all, it does make the foundation application a lot easier because firstly it provides a smoother surface for the foundation to glide on beautifully, and then it also helps the foundation stick better.

I recommend this product despite it being pricey - unfortunately, it seems good primers tend to be pricier...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a moisturizer, not a primer. Don't be fooled.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This happens to be one of 5 primers that I currently own. Out of all of the primers that I own this is the only one that is silicone free, which is why I was very interested in trying it, plus, it has probiotics in it and other ingredients designed to revitalize the look of ones skin as well as provide a smooth base for you to put your foundation over. Overall, I do really like this primer, and will definitely continue to purchase it again.

Because it retails for $32, I buy it when I have a chance to get it at a discounted price off of the TF website. First off, I happen to have dry-to-very dry, sensitive, acne prone skin. Also, I do suffer with seborrheic dermatitis on my face as well. Plus, I do currently use generic Retin A 0.1 cream on my face also, so dealing with flaking is something that is a constant battle for me. I do normally stick to using fragrance free products on my face, due to how sensitive it is and my having experienced a lot of negative experiences in the past, when I have used products with added fragrance to them. However, thank God this primer does not negatively affect my skin at all. The smell that it has is of a synthetic coconut scent. It is tolerable, as I do not find it something that I find bothering me throughout the day at all.

The product has this light lotiony texture that spreads very easily, and I have not experience it feeling greasy or tacky on my face at all. It dries down rather quickly. Now when it comes to how it performs in making my makeup last any longer than other primers that I own, I can personally say that this primer does allow for my makeup to stay on a very long time. The only major difference is that it provides a level of hydration to my skin at the same time, while it's doing it's job towards keeping my face well primed, and keeping my makeup look as fresh as possible, for as long as possible. So it's really like using a light hydrator+moisturizer all-one. Which is great for me, because I am really not a fan of using moisturizer and then primer underneath my foundation, because it just feels like too much is on my face.

Unlike other primers, this one expires 6 months after you first use it. When most primers, stay fresh for up to,12 months. However, because I truly adore this primer, I am willing to deal with such. Now, I do feel that this primer is one that can work for all skintypes. And, would be especially for a lot of people to use especially during the Fall and Winter Seasons when the weather is very cool or cold out and you definitely need a little something extra to perk it up!

on 10/3/2017 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product did absolutely NOTHING for me. It's like I had nothing on my face. I have dry/dehydrated skin, and I would apply it on top of moisturizer. It didn't help with hydration, didn't help with the application, didn't make my makeup last longer. It did absolutely NOTHING. I kept giving it chances but eventually I returned it to Sephora.

on 9/13/2017 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Honestly I didn't think I would like this, the whole coconut water and probiotics thing seemed like a gimmick to cash in on nutritional buzzwords. I honestly don't think either have any benefit applied topically, and I'm not even sure a probiotic would be stable at room temperature. Junk science aside, this performs well as a primer for dry skin. After 12 hour my foundation had a minimal amount of wear, and less than it you have without primer. This also made my foundation look better, and not as aging.

on 8/11/2017 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

If you haven't figured it out yet - this is a moisturiser disguised as a primer because everyone these days are CONVINCED their skin is oily but it's actually dehydrated and they're not treating their skin with sufficient skincare to counter the amount/layers of "instagram" makeup they're doing on their faces. If this works for you - its because you need skin care.

Stop wasting money on primers and instead spend it on actually prepping your skin so it's ready for makeup.

Water and oil people. Nearly all of us need it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I purchased the small "travel" size of this primer, which is $15 for 0.68oz 20 mL and I've been using it for about three weeks. I didn't want to shell out the cash for the larger size without seeing how it performs, and I'm glad that I didn't. I don't hate it, I will say that, but I'm not in love with it either.

This is a silicone free, moisturizing primer infused with "coconut water, a probiotic-based ingredient, and skin revivers" that is dispensed with a pump, which personally I really like.
It has a water like gel/cream hybrid consistency. I only need two pumps for my entire face.
To me, it doesn't smell like anything. There may be the sliiiiightest hint of coconut, but it's so light that I'd really have to sit there and sniff it in order to smell it. I really don't get the reviews that say it smells really good or tropical...I just don't smell it.

I see a lot of people saying that this is a moisturizer disguised as a primer, and I have to disagree. There are many types of primers and this just so happens to be a moisturizing one. Personally, as moisturizing as this is, it wouldn't be sufficient or practical to use it as a moisturizer. It does not sink into the skin like a moisturizer does and it provides a tacky finish in order for foundation to adhere to the skin. To me there is a VERY obvious difference. Moisturizers aren't meant to have a tacky finish such as this and you can tell it's primarily sitting on the surface of the skin like a primer should, which actually brings me to the one point that I dislike about this primer: If you continue to rub it in once it has started to set, it starts to pill off the skin. I don't know if other people experience this or if it's just me. I'm not layering it over top of anything either. So, you kind of have to know it's limit. If you leave it and let it set it's fine and doesn't pill. Once it starts to get tacky is when you have to leave it alone and you need to get on applying foundation quickly at this point. I've also let it set too long before foundation application resulting in the foundation application to cause the pilling as well, especially when using a brush. For this reason I use a Beauty Blender to apply my foundation when using this primer. The stippling action prevents the pilling from occurring.
This is my main issue with this primer and the thing that will prevent me from purchasing it again. I can't use my expensive Kevyn Aucoin foundation brush and I'm limited to application with the Beauty Blender.

I will say that it does extend the wear of my foundation greatly. I did a half and half comparison when I first purchased. On the side I didn't use the primer my foundation started to wear down around the 6 hr mark whereas the side with the primer was still going strong. With this primer applied to my entire face I do notice a significant difference in total wear and it does a decent job of keeping my foundation looking even for up to 9 hrs. So, for me it greatly improves the performance and wear of my foundation (I've been using the No7 Lift & Luminate Foundation).

All in all, I'd say it's decent but it's certainly not the best I've used. I miiiight repurchase or I might not. The jury is still out. I could potentially see this being great for the colder months when my skin is drier. For dry skin, this will likely be gold since it helps prevent foundation from sticking to or accentuating to dry patches. For oily to combo skin I think it stills helps in keeping your foundation from sliding off due to oil.

I'd definitely get the small tube if you're on the fence and just want to see how this will perform for you. I do think the smaller tube is worth the price for what it's worth. I don't like it enough to purchase the full size for double the price.

on 8/4/2017 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It feels like a moisturizer more than a primer. It definitely is replenishing, and smells like a piña colada!

I don't really love the packaging - I would like it more if it was a squeeze tube, rather than a pump. But on the bright side, the pump does give portioned amounts to avoid wasting product.

With this primer, my foundation stays on for about 6 hours before I need a touchup.

on 8/23/2017 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am not a girl for primers because deep inside I have a feeling that I wouldn't need one if I took care of my skin properly. (I love eyeshadow primers though that's logical.) I admit that I keep buying this because I am obsessed with Too Faced. The primer is icky makes my face shiny and skin looks more textured underneath the makeup. It smells nice though.