3.6

$16.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

8 months ago

I get why this is a cult favorite but also sense a placebo effect mentality attached to it. Sure, it smells nice (mildly sweet coconut milk) and leaves a tacky residue for better makeup adhesion, but I don't think it prolonged wear time for me. I also tried it briefly as a lightweight moisturizer -- TF claims it can be worn by itself -- and found that although it did smooth out my skin and offered modest hydration, so can a bunch of other far cheaper moisturizers. All in all, it's an okay product but didn't impress me.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

a year ago

This primer is OK, I feel like my foundation sticks to it and maybe even looks a bit better, but it's not worth the money for me. I feel like cheaper primers work similar (for example the elf primer) only this has nicer packaging and a nice scent to it. It's nice but not a must have in my book

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

1.0

a year ago

Got the travel size cus I wanted to try out this super cute primer. Glad that's all I tried cus it didn't impress me at all, sadly. Someone in the previous reviews described it as a simple moisturizer & I agree. Skin felt hydrated but nothing else really. Didn't seem to smooth, fill my pores or make my makeup last any longer than usual. Returned :(

About reviewer (224 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Tan, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

a year ago

Couldn't use it half the time because it would pill up and I'd have to get up to wash my face and start over with another primer.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrown

a year ago

I generally have had horrible luck finding a primer I like and that works for me, but I am on my third tube of this. So that is amazing to me. I love this stuff. I see it isn't very popular, which is unfortunate. But for me, it's been great. I see others say it's like a moisturizer. Fair enough, I can see the comparison. But I do feel that it does a great job of smoothing and prepping the skin for foundation. My foundation looks much better when I wear this. Now I have to say, not EVERY foundation I own plays well with this, but I think that is true of any primer you buy. I don't think that any one primer will work with every foundation. But this does work with most of my foundations. (I have a lot of foundations, too many,) I don't think this does a whole lot for increasing the longevity of my foundation, so that is a negative. But I use the Hangover RX spray after my makeup is done, and that does increase my wear time a lot, so I'm ok with it. In the summer when I am oilier, I don't use a moisturizer under this; when the weather starts to turn cold and heating season starts, and I start to get drier, I do use a moisturizer underneath. I also love the packaging. The pump dispenser works great, and I don't have any product waste with it. It keeps the product fresh. I haven't had any trouble with the pump not getting all of the product out of the tube. Overall, I find this to be a great primer for me, and I am happy to have found it.

About reviewer (493 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

a year ago

Doesn't really do anything. It's basically a moisturiser and not a particularly good one. You'd be better spending the money on a decent moisturiser instead. Packaging is quite nice as most of Too Faced packaging is and the smell is nice. Overall it's just a bit meh. Wouldn't buy it again.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

a year ago

meh, it felt just like a good moisturizer, for my skin type its okay, it dont make me look oily, but i wouldnt buy it again

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair

HairBrown

a year ago

I finally found a primer to thin out my foundation into a bb cream tinted moisturizer texture that didn't end up with separation by the end of the work day. I do not like full coverage foundation for daily use. I also find some medium coverage foundations still too full coverage for my liking. In an attempt not to buy tons of different foundation, I just started mixing primer into my foundation. (thus having the flexibility of buildable coverage) I finds this primer does offer good hydration as my dry patches stay hidden all day when I use this primer. Didn't aggravate my occasional eczema and didn't cause any acne for me. Love the airless pump dispenser.

About reviewer (654 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

a year ago

Excellent primer!!!!! Works perfectly on my normal skin and pairs well with my new favorite foundation (Beauty Blender's Bounce Whip.) I do not find this primer drying as I do many others and it helps my foundation stay on all day. Love using this and then setting my face with the Hangover's Setting Spray .... perfect combination.

About reviewer (445 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2 years ago

Favorite primer! Very hydrating- good soft smell. Does the job- HOWEVER kinda pricey for the amount of product you get and the packaging is not good. As you get to the end of the product the pump doesn't work very well and it is impossible to unscrew it so that you can manually squeeze product out. Not good! Otherwise the primer itself is great.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age36-43