Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder
Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting PowderAirbrush Flawless Finish Setting PowderAirbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder

4.3

TALC, MICA, POLYMETHYL METHACRLATE, DIMETHICONE, SILICA, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, ZINC STEARATE, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CHLORPHENESIN, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PEI-10, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, ROSA MULTIFLORA FLOWER WAX, TETRASODIUM EDTA, WATER/AQUA/EAU, DIMETHICONOL, TILIA CORDATA FLOWER EXTRACT (TILIA CORDATA EXTRACT), METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

HG powder. It's the one that my friends always ask if I have on me followed by, "Ohhhh, this is SO nice". It's light and looks invisible on the skin. Love the sleek compact.

on 7/4/2017 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Honestly, I wasn't too keen on this product after it arrived (CT products not available to test in my country so I had to buy it sight unseen). I had intended to use it instead of foundation as my skin is fairly even, and when I put it on, I swore that it made absolutely no difference to my "before" face - all the lines and imperfections on my face were still visible and were not blurred in the slightest. I could use a much cheaper powder as a finishing powder - I bought this one for the "blur". BUT! I am currently on maternity leave and have broken out all over my face to accompany my new dark circles. The product does nothing for the dark circles, however I am amazed by how it has softened the redness of the breakouts to fade them to the background. The breakouts are still visible, but they don't announce my appearance in the room anymore. Blur achieved! I continue to use my cheaper powders as a finishing powder, because I still think that there isn't much difference between the two as a finishing powder, but am happy with this one for no-make-up-breakout days. The only reason I wouldn't re-purchase is the price.

on 10/26/2016 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Although I don't know many other powders to compare this to, I find this product amazing. I regularly use several of the Hourglass Ambient powders but recently I was also looking for something matte and I was encouraged by the many positive reviews on the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder. I am quite fair (about NW15 for reference) and I use Shade 1 Fair in this powder which is a soft cream white, without leaning too yellow. The color match is perfect and the quality of the powder is nothing short of outstanding because it is extremely creamy and finely milled. My skin seems to somehow absorb it instead of it sitting on top of my face, so it doesn't look chalky or ashy like some other powders can. It also isn't drying or overly matte, it has more of a velvety finish. The powder looks completely natural, blurring imperfections and evening out redness. Last but not least, it hasn't irritated my skin. Packaging is pretty, a rose gold colored mirrored oval compact which looks glam and it's sturdy and pleasant to use, but not too bulky for travel or touch ups on the go. At $45 for 0.28oz/8g I feel it's a worthy splurge and I will certainly repurchase when I run out.

on 8/6/2016 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So far so good. I have had no allergic reaction to this powder, which is something I always have to watch for with new products. I have not had good luck with the Magic Foundation but the powder is lovely. I have 60-year-old skin which is pretty good but I have lots of hot flushes (when will it end!) and need powder to keep the shine at bay. This powder goes on nicely and does not look powdery at all and is truly finely milled. I always spritz with Mac Fix+ after to meld everything together. I have not experienced oxidation but my skin is on the peach side to begin with. Bought the shade medium. I am a NW25 in MAC Studio Sculpt and Pale Almond in Estee Lauder Futurist for reference. I would recommend this power for us older gals who feel the need. I also use NARS Light Reflecting Pressed and Guerlain Metorites but the Tilbury gives a more matte appearance. Depends what look you are going for.

on 6/24/2016 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I agree with the reviewer below who said that this is a good powder for dry skin or those who aren't fans of powders, which describes me well. My HG is Nars Light Reflecting Loose Powder, one of the only powders I've found that doesn't feel heavy or look cakey on my very sensitive, normal to slightly dry skin. But this has also been a lovely option for setting liquid TM's and foundations, though I think it does add a bit of color to my N10 skin (I have 1 Fair).

The texture is really soft and fine, with that silky texture that picks up on a brush easily. It doesn't kick up a bunch of powder when I I swirl my brush into it, or look dusty on top of my skin. That my biggest concern with wearing powder, and that awful build up that can cling to dry patches or make my foundation look patchy. This buffs into my skin imperceptibly and feels really comfortable. I don't have that tight sensation after using it like all of my skin's natural moisture has just been powdered away.

Describing powder finishes always seems hard to do, but this doesn't appear matte or flat in any way. It's like a natural, velvety satin that isn't light reflective or "coated." Depending on how much I apply, I think it seems to be pretty adaptive to whatever foundation type I'm wearing underneath.

I like the vintage look of the packaging, and it's sturdy so I'm not worried about carrying it with me in my purse. I still prefer the Nars powder, but I'm really happy with this and I love how well it works on my reactive skin.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The packaging on this, as is the norm for CT, is lovely.

I have the powder in fair. I don't find that it oxidizes on me and it goes well on my nw/nc 15 neutral skin. This particular shade would probably be ok for up to an nc/nw 20.

The powder itself is very finely milled and has ingredients to make it particularly suited to drier skin types. It works wonderfully for me to set my undereyes and t-zone, where I apply it sparingly with a small brush. I find it works really well to give that "airbrushed effect". It minimizes my pores beautifully, doesn't emphasize fine lines, isn't cakey at all, isn't flat or powdery and lasts throughout the day with minimal touch ups. Bear in mind, my skin is not oily- I don't think it would be at all suited to combat oil.

I am taking off one lipppie, because this product does not come with a puff or sponge. While I generally applaud CT's choice to not waste space with applicators for her eyeshadows, blushes etc, I find it pointless to have this beautiful compact, that would be a pleasure to bring along for midday touch ups or travel, without its own puff. I'm not going to cart along a powder brush, and having to carry along a seperate puff kind of defeats the whole slim, elegant, convenient little compact thing. So this isn't my go-to to slip in my bag, when otherwise it would be.

So yeah, lovely powder for normal to dry skin. Is it worth the cost? I certainly enjoy using it, but am not completely certain of a repurchase. I guess we will see how posh I am feeling on the day I hit pan. ;)

on 5/5/2016 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Right out of the gate, I returned this. I loved the packaging but didn't love the product so back it went. It was just a normal, sort of chalky, basic powder that didn't do anything magical or even that remotely effective. For the price I expect something unique or at least workable. This powder was neither.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have this feather light powder in Fair 1, it disappears on my nc18 skin and it doesn't oxidise on me. The effect is matte but not too matte and doesn't stick to my dry spots. I love this on summer days/busy days and for touch ups during the day. Best non shiny powder I've used ever!

The packaging is a bit flimsy, I could be a bit more heavy and nicer material.

on 1/4/2016 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

It hurts me to give this a lower star review, but this product really did not work for me for one major reason: oxidation.

Charlotte Tilbury face products are notorious for oxidizing on skin. This isn't necessarily a problem unique to CT's line (many foundations oxidize to a degree due to skin chemistry), but it's a real bummer when it happens. I did not go full Oompa-Loompa orange with the oxidation, but it turned my skin a rosy-orange hue that was clearly contrasting with my cool, yellow-undertoned neck. The true unfortunate issue is that this happened very quickly in the first hour of wear and increased throughout the day.

Aside from this and should you be brave enough to pursue this further, the product is really quite good. It works marvelously on dry skin as a setting powder and it doesn't dry skin out any further. It sets it well and it really does make the skin look poreless. It definitely extended the wear of my foundation, even in winter.

I've only used this twice, but I'll be attempting to swap it. It's a real shame.

Pros:

- For dry-skinned folk, does not dry out skin or absorb moisture
- Makes skin look poreless
- Extends wear of foundations
- Packaging is gorgeous
- Powder is very light

Cons:

- Oxidizes heavily; turns a rosy-orange shade
- Expensive at $45

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is my HG powder and replaces my MAC blot powder and Chanel poudre universally. I found this to be super finely milled and beautifully mattifying. On me it keeps my shiny nose at bay longer than blot powder that I wasn't expecting! I'm NW10 and the fair works perfectly for me. Coupled with Armani Luminous silk I am in love, and no breakouts!