Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder

Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder
Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting PowderAirbrush Flawless Finish Setting PowderAirbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder

3.8

TALC, MICA, POLYMETHYL METHACRLATE, DIMETHICONE, SILICA, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, ZINC STEARATE, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CHLORPHENESIN, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PEI-10, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, ROSA MULTIFLORA FLOWER WAX, TETRASODIUM EDTA, WATER/AQUA/EAU, DIMETHICONOL, TILIA CORDATA FLOWER EXTRACT (TILIA CORDATA EXTRACT), METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON

on 3/23/2018 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First, I need to say that I am not liberal with powder application (I thinly dust powder on selective areas to set, but never all over), but I hit pan on this Airbrush Flawless Powder within a month. I had to pick my jaw off the floor when it happened - crazy low cost efficacy of this powder and I will not be repurchasing.
But at the end of the day, this really is a beautiful powder. What it does: sets your cream/liquid base lightly with no trace of powderiness and gives a blurring brightening effect without shimmer. What it doesn't do: oil control. I'm dry, so this powder was perfect for me to pat over my t zone and undereyes, or to set concealer. Don't be alarmed by the small shade selection if you're light-medium, because it's only a lightly tinted powder that is not meant to replace foundation. Having said that, Charlotte can add at least 2 more shades in the deeper shade spectrum. I suspect that the pan gets used up so quickly due the super finely milled texture, which is lovely on the skin as it is so smooth that it's almost creamy.
I'll give you a dupe, though - the MAC Next to Nothing powder. It is gorgeous, fine, and imparts the same blurred satin finish as the CT powder for a fraction of the price. Try it at the counter. But of course, both options are optimal for dry girls who do not care about actual coverage.

on 3/26/2016 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

UPDATED REVIEW:

I bought my first compact in March 2016 and used it every morning to set my foundation. In October 2017, I still have a thin ring of powder around the pan. Each compact gives you eight grams of product. I just repurchased a new compact.

I'm fond of the Golden Age of Hollywood, so I enjoy Charlotte Tilbury's Art Deco packaging. Even though it's plastic, the compact has a convincing rose gold metal look. The mirrored finish makes it a bit of a fingerprint magnet, but otherwise it's glam compared to my boring MAC Blot Powder case.

The powder comes in three shades: Fair, Medium, and Dark. I buy MAC Blot Powder in Medium, but bought the lightest shade available in this one, Fair, because other reviewers complained of it oxidizing. I have not noticed it turning darker on my skin but "Fair" does have a yellow undertone which may or may not be to your liking. There is some color in the powder. Technically it’s translucent and not as pigmented as a powder foundation, so it won’t give you that kind of coverage, but it’s not as invisible as colorless powders. Therefore if you purchase a shade that is too deep for your skin tone, it might darken your face too much.

I have combination skin that can get dry in desert climates or cold weather. This contains sweet almond oil and rose wax. Therefore, it's ideal for drier skins. I wouldn’t recommend this for acne-prone oily skin wanting to cut down on shine.

When I first dust this on, it doesn’t look remarkably different from any other setting powder, but half an hour later, the finish is soft and radiant instead of dry.

PROS:

1. This setting powder is great for normal skin, dry skin, or combination skin that's leaning dry. My skin is combination. On me it eventually settles into a dewy finish rather than a matte finish, as if I'm not wearing powder at all.

2. Feels weightless on my face, even after many hours. It's a finely milled powder, crafted in Italy.

3. I think if you have mature skin, you will appreciate the sweet almond oil and rose wax in this; it makes skin look younger than matte finishing powders do. If you have fine lines, you’ll love Airbrush Flawless Finish because it doesn't emphasize lines. I use this powder to set concealer under the eyes and it doesn’t make that area look dry or cracked.

4. It’s fragrance free.

5. Doesn’t look chalky.

6. There is no "flashback," as they say. The powder does not make your face look whiter.

7. The company doesn't do animal testing.

CON FOR THE OILY AND ACNE-PRONE:

This is not a blotting powder for oily skin. Although it contains some oil-absorbing ingredients such as talc, silica, and corn starch, this also contains oils and rose wax. If you have oily skin, this powder can make your skin shiny. Applying more and more to reduce shine will cause the powder to eventually cake up on oily skin. If you have large pores and want to control oil, use MAC Blot Powder or a different finishing powder, preferably one that's matte.

FINANCIAL CON:

This costs $45 per compact, which is a lot for powder. I like this a lot better than other powders designed for dry skin, which tend to feel heavy on my face after a few hours. However, if you’re just looking for a regular setting powder to have on your vanity, Flower Beauty makes one called Miracle Matte that costs less than ten dollars and will work for most skin types.

OTHER NOTES:

If you want the coverage of a powder foundation, this isn’t it. It’s a setting powder. A good one, if your skin is normal or dry.

This does not come with an application tool such as a puff or a brush.

There are only three colors and this does have some pigment in it. If you are between Fair and Medium, you may have to try this in person before you know whether the shade will work with your foundation.

In closing, I don’t recommend re-applying lots of layers of any powder multiple times during the day. Eventually it can become noticeable and unnatural-looking. Powders look best lightly dusted, or pressed gently against the skin.

INGREDIENTS:

TALC, MICA, POLYMETHYL METHACRLATE, DIMETHICONE, SILICA, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, ZINC STEARATE, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CHLORPHENESIN, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PEI-10, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, ROSA MULTIFLORA FLOWER WAX, TETRASODIUM EDTA, WATER/AQUA/EAU, DIMETHICONOL, TILIA CORDATA FLOWER EXTRACT (TILIA CORDATA EXTRACT), METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]

on 12/11/2014 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This powder, while finely milled, goes on beautifully. However, I've never seen anything oxidize so horrifically on my face. Put simply, I go out the door looking like a normal human being, and I end up looking, four hours later (and with no foundation--only a touch of concealer and a little blush) like I joined the John Boehner Oompa-Loompah Club. I'm orange. Full stop.

The compact and presentation is lovely, even if you have to provide your own brush, which does have the effect of making one use a light hand. Although, if it's light you're after, you might reconsider purchasing this particular pressed powder. A good throw-back to the days when a fake tan turned you the color of Cheetos.

Revised review: Three re-purchases later:

Well, shut mah mouth. I kept on trying different approaches to use this powder, including, finally, a Bare Minerals Kabuki brush and no foundation. This powder is bloody genius, especially if you leave your skin bare or only use some light tinted moisturizer. My skin had turned dark from my experimentally taking a medication for a biomedical study (long story), so I expect I would've looked orange in white-face at the time I wrote that review. I'm now on my fourth compact. I only wish that CT offered easy refills of the powder alone, since you end up chucking out the entire compact each time you run out. And you will run out of this powder if you use it--because you'll decide you're never buying another powder again.

As I have zero loyalty to brands or products, my continued repurchasing is quite an endorsement.

on 3/18/2017 11:34:00 AM

I love this product but the price is absurd for the small amount you get. The powder gives a lovely porcelain doll look to the skin and I'd buy it again if you got more product for the money but this is ridiculous. Plus, drop the compact at your peril, the powder breaks apart very easily.

About 20 - 25 pounds would be a much fairer price for this and I can't understand why CT doesn't realise it. I'd happily pay more for more product but this is unacceptable. Packaging feels cheap too,

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The powder itself is incredibly finely milled, beautiful, and light as air. It's more of setting powder. Charlotte said it is a "micro-fine veil on top of your skin" not a powder foundation. So don't expect a good coverage. It doesn't oxidize on me, it controls my oil pretty okay (Again, the function of this powder is not really to control oil). So I still have to blot since I'm annoyingly shiny. It's never cakey, and it just disappears on your skin! Don't really like the packaging, I was expecting that most of her products' packaging will be weighty, but instead it's plastic. Considering the price, I think they could've done a better job in this field.

on 8/20/2018 1:00:00 AM

I like this powder but minus two lippies because it doesn't give me as good coverage as my MAC mineralize skinfinish and its lasting power is meh.

The powder is nice and soft and makes me feel super airbrushed. The shade medium matches my NC25-NC30 skin tone really well too. I use this alone after moisturizing and it'll last as long as I don't touch my face to anything. I think this powder is best if you use a liquid or cream foundation/concealer under it, but you can't wear it alone like MAC mineralize skinfinish.

on 11/29/2016 2:05:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I've used this enough to hit pan on it, so I have to say my overall opinion is sort of wishy washy on the product.
Packaging is gorgeous as are all of her products; I love Art Deco and rose gold. The powder itself is very silky, finely milled and medium matches my NC25 complexion very nicely.
HOWEVER, I would not repurchase. I feel like it's very $ for the amount you get. On me ( I have to stress this is me; ymmv) this tends to oxidize and cake up when used for touch ups and that's what I bought it for.
I'll use it up but I can't justify shelling out the $ again for this powder. I love Tell Laura in the newest lipstick collection and her blush is the best I've used to date, so I don't blame the line itself for my experience.
For my dry to combination skin I really like MAC Studio Careblend and it's far cheaper.

on 11/1/2016 7:36:00 AM

Very good and very expensive powder.
Ideally ground giving a perfect, invisible effect .
A great product for people who appreciate natural effect and have money!
If you dream about it and you need to save your money for long time-forget it!
Mat for a long time without a mask effect, also for my mixed skin
No crumble in the pack-always looks good inside and on the face
Ideal under eye area
Totally inefficient !! in the middle of the month we have a bottom by application 1 a day.
Very good but too expensive.
If the price would be even 25 euro would be acceptable but 45 euro for product for 1 month-this is insane.
If you have money -buy it because is great, for the rest of the people -forget it.

on 10/26/2016 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Although I don't know many other powders to compare this to, I find this product amazing. I regularly use several of the Hourglass Ambient powders but recently I was also looking for something matte and I was encouraged by the many positive reviews on the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder. I am quite fair (about NW15 for reference) and I use Shade 1 Fair in this powder which is a soft cream white, without leaning too yellow. The color match is perfect and the quality of the powder is nothing short of outstanding because it is extremely creamy and finely milled. My skin seems to somehow absorb it instead of it sitting on top of my face, so it doesn't look chalky or ashy like some other powders can. It also isn't drying or overly matte, it has more of a velvety finish. The powder looks completely natural, blurring imperfections and evening out redness. Last but not least, it hasn't irritated my skin. Packaging is pretty, a rose gold colored mirrored oval compact which looks glam and it's sturdy and pleasant to use, but not too bulky for travel or touch ups on the go. At $45 for 0.28oz/8g I feel it's a worthy splurge and I will certainly repurchase when I run out.

on 8/6/2016 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So far so good. I have had no allergic reaction to this powder, which is something I always have to watch for with new products. I have not had good luck with the Magic Foundation but the powder is lovely. I have 60-year-old skin which is pretty good but I have lots of hot flushes (when will it end!) and need powder to keep the shine at bay. This powder goes on nicely and does not look powdery at all and is truly finely milled. I always spritz with Mac Fix+ after to meld everything together. I have not experienced oxidation but my skin is on the peach side to begin with. Bought the shade medium. I am a NW25 in MAC Studio Sculpt and Pale Almond in Estee Lauder Futurist for reference. I would recommend this power for us older gals who feel the need. I also use NARS Light Reflecting Pressed and Guerlain Metorites but the Tilbury gives a more matte appearance. Depends what look you are going for.