4.3

price range

Reviews

2.0

5 months ago

I used Schmidt’s stick deodorant for a couple of months last year and loved it! Thought I had dinally found a great natural deodorant! Until I realised the coconut oil stuck to the underarms of every piece of clothing I had worn and mixed with sweat formed a funkysmelling babysoap-like scent that is very hard to get rid of in the washing machine :/ so had to stop using it and can’t use any other deodorant with coconut oil in either. Can’t believe noone else has had this happen to them? I have a very strong nose though :)

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I use the stick form and this is my favorite natural deoderant of the many I've tried. I live in So. Cal so it gets pretty hot and I still don't too smelly or sweaty. I'm impressed. I even use it at the gym

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I love this stuff. After trying many natural/aluminum-free deodorants (all of which were terrible), this one thankfully changed the game for me. I've tried 3 forms of the Schmidt's: the Rose+Vanilla in a pot, the Lavender+Sage in a stick, & the Rose+Vanilla in a stick. I'd heard that the pot version worked better than the stick version so that's why I tried that one first, but after a while it felt inconvenient having to scoop some out with the little spatula, warm it between my fingers, apply under my arms, & wash my hands immediately afterwards. Plus I felt like with time it became less effective on me. I decided to try the stick version next. Lavender+Sage smells AMAZING. I watched a review where the reviewer said, "Sorry, I don't want my armpits smelling like Lavender." Me, on the other hand... that's exactly what I want them to smell like! I used it up, then got the Rose+Vanilla stick format (equally wonderful smelling.) Another pro for me is that this stuff works. Even in 100+ degree Texas heat, I don't stink at all. This formula is natural with no harmful chemicals, and cruelty-free. I never get white marks on my shirts anymore. Also I notice many reviewers saying that this won't help with sweating at all. It helps me. I don't sweat any more or any less than when I used "regular" deodorant/antiperspirant. Also the price is right... comparable to other popular brands (I find some other natural deodorants to be overpriced.) There's only one con I can think of: the inconvenience of the pot format, & the fact that the stick format tends to start getting a bit messy (when I close the lid some deodorant is pushed down & is visible on the outer packaging, if that makes sense). But I can easily clean it off. I'll continue repurchasing because not only is this the best natural deodorant I've tried, it's the best deodorant I've tried period. EDIT: In June 2018 I purchased the Ylang Ylang + Calendula stick version and HOLY SMOKES I smell like marigolds all day & am loving it.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

I am a Schmidt’s fan for life! While there are plenty of non-natural deodorants and anti perspirants out there that work great (Ban, Dove, Mitchum, Secret... I have used them all at some point or another) I haven’t wanted to use them in the last few years as I only want safe and natural products. Finding a natural deodorant that worked as well as these other deodorants was a challenge. I tried many - Crystal, Alba Botantica, Tom’s, Jason, Trader Joe’s - but NOT ONE of them worked. I would still smell like onions at the end of a long day and it was embarrassing. I discovered that coconut oil worked pretty well as a deodorant, probably because it has antimicrobial properties, so I used that for a while but it still wasn’t quite enough. Plus it wasn’t practical to have pure grease spread under my arms all day. Then I found Schmidt’s on a TJMAXX rack and my life changed. It is coconut oil based which I know works for me, plus it has some baking soda in it. It feels a little grainy going on, and when it’s chilly out you do have to hold it to your skin for a few seconds to warm it up so it will spread on easily. But it feels non-irritating, it moisturizes and it keeps me smelling clean throughout my entire day! I have tried a few scents. Bergamot Lime was my first, which smells sweet and fresh. The Rose scent is absolutely divine - a sweet, muted floral smell. My trusty one is the Lavender Sage one because it smells the cleanest and most fresh to me. Considering you can get a stick of this for anywhere between 4 and 9 dollars in my town, and it lasts at least a couple of months for me, it is an absolute STEAL!

About reviewer (270 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I got this deo just last week, the rose vanilla scent in stick form. First of all, I'm amazed that this is the very first natural deodorant that has not made me smell. I will take a shower at night, use it, and will not smell throughout the whole next day. Impressive. Not even conventional deodorants last that long on me. Granted, it's winter and not sweltering heat temperatures but still. The scent is really nice, natural rose and just a tiny hint of vanilla. Very 50's pin up. The stick can be hard but just press it to your underarms and it will soften up by your body heat. The bummer is, it can kind of leave streaks on your clothing. I'm now super careful to avoid it but not sure how to deal with this in the summer, when I'm wearing a lot of sleeveless dresses and tops. Another thing is, you have to scrub your armpits in the shower to get this deo off, it kind of is hard to remove. Not a big deal, I use a scrub anyway. Bottom line, impressive deodorant that smells nice and natural with just a couple drawbacks but way better than conventional and potentially harmful antiperspirants/deodorants. Edit: I'm going to have to give this full five lippies now. This products is just so good! I learned to use less swipes so the streaks on clothing aren't so much an issue anymore. Also tried the Calandula & Ylang Ylang scent and that's a good one too. Very impressed!! Great company with fantastic customer service.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I've finally found a natural, cruelty-free deodorant that works. I got the Schmidt's jar deodorant in Rose + Vanilla. I used to use Secret's Paris Rose scent, and the Schmidt's one is sooooo much better. I don't really pick up on any vanilla at all, but it smells like roses. My boyfriend says I smell like a grandma but I don't care. This product also comes in 5 other scents: Bergamot + Lime, Lavender + Sage, Cedarwood + Juniper, Ylang-Ylang + Calendula, and Fragrance-Free. Without getting too into TMI territory... I'm a naturally sweaty person. If I ever found a deodorant/antiperspirant that actually kept me dry, I'd probably faint. With that being said, this keeps me just as dry as other deodorant/antiperspirants that I've tried, and this isn't even marketed as an antiperspirant, just a deodorant. The most important thing is that I don't smell bad at all when I use this (I live in Texas where it gets above 100 degrees on a regular basis. I have no air conditioning in my car. So if a deodorant works for me, it'll probably work for pretty much anyone.) The one thing I was unsure about when it comes to this product is method of application. This deodorant comes in a jar instead of a twist-up stick. The jar comes with a small plastic applicator. The directions are to get some product using the spatula and warm it up between your fingers before applying to the underarms. What I do is I just get one little spatula-full, warm the product up between my fingers, and then apply to one armpit. Taking the time to wash my hands after this step isn't as annoying as I'd anticipated. The product itself is a light pink color but I don't find that it stains clothing (although some reviews say that the Schmidt's deodorants do... mainly the stick versions.) Here are the ingredients (pulled straight from the Schmidt's Naturals website): Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) Maranta arundinacea (arrowroot) powder Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter Natural fragrance (Rose + Vanilla) Tocopherol (vitamin E; sunflower-derived) This stuff cost $8.99 at a local health food store, and is also that price on the Schmidt's website. You get .2oz of product and I have a feeling that this little jar will last at least 4 months. Possibly even longer judging on how little I've used in about a month (and I've used this every day.) Will definitely repurchase.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

I have the Geranium and the LE pine one. Both smell very nice, do a great job of controlling odor and wetness, plus the ingredients make it a better choice than most market brands that I have dabbled with. I'm constantly switching my deodorants in an attempt to find the best one and this is a nice fit. It doesn't irritate under my arms or damage my clothing.The company has constant sales and promotions so that is the only time I get these. The sticks are much easier to apply than the jar ones.

About reviewer (2203 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

5 years ago

I've been using only natural deodorants for a long while now. I've tried many natural deos in my hunt for the best one. So I bought the Cedarwood and Juniper from Schmidt's Deodorant. I looove this scent! it's hard to describe but it's my fav of the all their scents. It does well with odor controlling. However with perspiration it helps just a bit but nothing like an antiperspirant would of course (for me anyways). I do wish I would be better with that department. I do have to apply this at least twice a day but I've never found a natural deodorant that I didn't have to apply at least twice. The texture is nice and smooth from the butters in it (no gritty feel). It doesn't irritate my underarms unless I've just waxed/shave but just a little nothing crazy. Overall I'm loving this deodorant and hope it continues to work. I highly recommend this :)

About reviewer (162 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm