Sonia Kashuk Undetectable Foundation Stick

2.8

on 11/7/2016 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This foundation goes on smooth and light giving the skin a natural look. However, this foundation is not for my oily skin type. With or without a primer my skin got extremely oily within in 2 1/2 hours! (Ugh a mess). I did blot my face and the product did not move on my face which is a plus. After blotting my face my skin appeared to look refreshed and none of my makeup moved or smeared. If you have oily skin be prepared to blot several times throughout the day. Even if you use a nice setting powder this product is just NOT for very oily skin. Lastly, the foundation does NOT photograph well at all in natural lighting. I wanted to like this foundation. I would not repurchase this product again. This product should come out with a stick foundation for oily skin.

This gave me a bunch of those little bumps that you can't pop or cover which I hate, and iT NEVER SETS! I really wanted to love this, it matches my skin flawlessly, but I cannot stand the texture. Also, something about the smell just drives me crazy in a bad way. The only thing about this that I don't hate is the color. However, everyone's skin is different and I'm sure someone out there loves it.

on 8/13/2015 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like this used as a concealer when I just don't want a full face of foundation. Due to the yellow tinge it really takes down the redness of my breakouts and makes them much less noticeable. Definitely would not recommend this for actual foundation since the consistency is rather thick and does not blend well in that sense.

on 3/25/2016 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This was an ok foundation stick, but nothing amazing. It was also on the orange side for me, and once used under a setting powder, it could look cakey quickly. It lasted a long time for such a short stick, so that was nice. I also loved the feeling on my face and the packaging.

I wore it alone without primer or moisturizer and it looks flawless. Then I sprayed on a mist so my face wasn't too dry. My skin is on the dryer side so this stick goes on matte. There are no streaks and it looks so good.
After reading some reviews here I was discouraged but then I tried it myself and I was amazed. Every one has different skin so it could or could not work for you. You should definitely apply setting powder if you are oily but if you are dry skin then leave it alone or add a mist to make it dewy. Good luck!

I used this stick for my everyday foundation however when i got in my car and looked in my mirror i realized that my face looked like a cracked pile of dirt. It could be my skin and that i need more water but it did not suit well with my face. I did love the soft dewy feel to it since I do have dry skin. It did give a glow.. but I would not purchase again. ):

on 11/11/2014 2:11:00 PM

This is a so-so product. I fell for the name "undetectable"...which this is not. The first time I used it I was fairly happy with how it went on and the match to my skin tone. But every time I use it the word "greasepaint" flashes through my mind. It doesn't really ever set - it will rub off of oily areas easily. I have Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush foundation and Revlon Colorstay, and I use those two much more often than the Sonia Kashuk stick. It's not horrible, but I won't be buying it again.

Update 3//12/15 - I found a way to make this work...I put it on one day when I needed to run somewhere, and didn't put it over moisturizer, primer, or anything. Just slapped some on. That's the only way I've made it stay longer on my skin, and there were parts of my face that day where I would have called the make-up "undetectable." It was also cold that day, so no chance of sweating it off. Still, not a re-purchase item, but gosh I hate wasting stuff!

on 12/4/2014 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Finally a drugstore equivalent product that works like high-end! This foundation stick in Caramel 17 is a perfect match for my NC42-43 skin. It is buildable and goes on very smooth and works great for evening out discoloured skin. I blend it out with my fingers but I imagine a beauty blender or stippling brush will work even better, not bad for $10.99 CDN. I'm going to check out more of the products, only caveat is I wish there were more testers to try out. No testers at all in lipsticks, or blushes!

on 1/7/2015 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really like this stick! I use it in conjunction with the Luminous Foundation for spots I need more coverage of redness. I apply it with the blue egg type sponge also from SK and it holds up all day. In fact, it reminds me of the perfect skin system that Becca used to promote. I am NC 25 and I use the color "Latte". I set the makeup with the loose Undetectable powder and Im good almost all day! Only down side is that it has a sheen to it which I assume is supposed to mimic dewiness while I prefer no shine.

on 1/29/2015 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Update: broke me out. Back to my neutrogena healthy skin make up.