Becca Ultimate Color Gloss (All Shades)

No Image

4.5

on 1/18/2015 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Looking for a substitute for Clarins Gloss Prodige, I decided to try this Becca gloss in "Hummingbird," a beautiful sheer deep raspberry that is - predictably - being discontinued. :(

I have a back-up, so I'll be able to enjoy this wonderful gloss for a long time, fortunately. As I mentioned before, Hummingbird is a delicious deep, slightly red-toned raspberry. It's sheer enough to work great over lipstick, but it's beautiful on its own, for a subtle, face-brightening "pop" of fresh color. It's nicely emollient, minimally sticky, and feels comfortably moist for at least a couple of hours. The only negative I can find for this gloss, other than the rather steep price of $24, is the fact that the scent/taste may make you crave Boston Cream Pie. It's that delicious. The doe-foot applicator is fine, though I'd really prefer a brush, and the clear plastic tube allows you to see the color of the actual product.

This is a terrific gloss - I already have my eye on other shades.

on 4/14/2014 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have two of these glosses - Flamingo Crush and Palm Breeze. They are both very beautiful products. They apply smooth, creamy, and lush. Leaving behind a nice amount of color on the lips and a very moisturizing, cushiony, feel. My lips felt hydrated and comfortable during extended wear, even once the color of the product had faded/rubbed off. They smell amazing, of warm brown sugar. Nothing clawing or synthetic. The packaging is very nice - weighted and sturdy. This is definitely a luxury product.

With that said, I find these remarkably similar to Almay's Color & Care glosses, with double the price tag. At $25 a pop, these do not come cheap, and I was not expecting to have drugstore dupes right down to the scent! (I think I actually even like my Almay glosses more...)

If you're in the market for a little splurge buy, go ahead and buy the Becca. If you're looking for a moisturizing, pigmented, none sticky gloss with a smaller price tag, check out Almay.