Guerlain Vol de Nuit

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Guerlain Vol de Nuit

4.7

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

When i read reviews on this i thought that all the MUAr's were going mad, due to all the poetry, but when i received a sample of this from ebay i understood why. This scent reminds me of some woman my grandmother new, and i always admired how she smelled and how classy she was. Lovely scent.

on 5/23/2005 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Thanks to the lovely animallover, I've gotten the chance to try several classic Guerlains. I hate L'Heure Bleue, love Mitsouko and Apres l'Ondee, and this one is somewhere in between. This one seems less well-blended than the others. It does get great reviews, and I sampled the parfum, so it's probably just me. It opens up spicy/sweet, and I didn't much care for it at that point. But after the top notes dried down (which took less time than with most Guerlains), it ended up a very pleasant, mostly amber-vanilla mix, with a few bright florals. In spite of the name, it didn't seem nocturnal or adventurous, but cozy and hopeful.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Another big THANKS to manon for sending this sample. It is another fragrance that meets my requirements for the "perfect" scent: warm, inviting, comforting, something to nuzzle into with not too much florals. In my quest for the "perfect" fragrance, I discovered that I tend to like amber. Vol de Nuit has a wonderful amber fragrance. It is not sickening sweet like E'Coudray's Amber et Vanille nor is it over-powering like L'Artisans Amber Extreme. This is a fragrance to wear to bed--warm and sexy.

Popular Fragrances