Laura Mercier Primer protect SPF 30

3.4

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3.0), Octinoxate (7.3), Octocrylene (3.0), Oxybenzone (2.0). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 80, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol, Disodium EDTA, PEG-8, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid. May Contain ( /-): Yellow 5, Red 6

on 4/2/2016 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've been searching for a primer with spf for a long time, unfortunately this isn't it for me. I like the way that this felt on my skin. It was smooth and creamy. It left me with a smoother surface to apply my foundation over. It did make much skin oily throughout the day (I have combination skin, but if you have dry skin this much moisture might be great for you!). For this much spf and the lovely application I wouldn't have minded blotting a couple times through out the day, but the deal breaker was that it made me break out. On day 2 of using this I had 3 small red bumps across my cheeks and a cystic bump on my forehead (so 4 total). If you're acne prone, definitely test a sample of this first.

on 9/5/2015 6:23:00 AM

My skin - combination, easily clogged.
This is a wonderful all in one product - does not smell like sunscreen, no white cast, not greasy and does seem to improve the wear of powder foundation. Reasonable price 34 euro for 50ml.
I previously did not use any moisturiser in the am, as they all made my skin oily in a few hours. If I needed sunscreen I would use Shiseido Anessa but the alcohol content would dry me out after a week of use.
This is a real find for me - I am thrilled to have discovered it.

To Read all 14 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/18/2015 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is not the worst sunscreen I've ever used but it's also nowhere near the best. I actually love the gel cream texture because it sinks into my skin really well. It's also unscented which is a plus for me. However, the finish is still a little greasy on my combination skin. Since this product is a primer that's supposed to sit well under makeup, I thought the finish would be more on the matte side. Because of the finish, it doesn't function very well as a primer - but I bought it as a sunscreen so I don't have any qualms about that.

on 4/20/2015 7:10:00 AM

I suppose this does well in that extra hydration hold, I have dehydrated skin. But does it evens out the texture of your skin, not so much. I don't even find it to extend the longevity of my foundation. Do I think it's good yes, do I love it, no. It's oil free, yes but I don't find it to be particularly lightweight, it feels a little sticky to be honest, I think it's partly due to the SPF. It's an OK foundation primer, and I think you'd do well to find better primers out there with the price tag for this.

Meh. This is an ok primer. Although I find my makeup applies just as well by only using moisturizer underneath. So it's hard to justify paying so much for this product. I like that it has SPF 30 though. I can't say it made my skin more matte/smooth or anything. It just felt like a second coat of moisturizer. My foundation didn't stay on better or last longer than normal. No breakouts by adding this product, which was nice. All in all, I won't repurchase based off price and that fact that it's just not spectacular.

on 2/21/2015 3:53:00 AM

I am on the fence about this product, I am halfway thru my second bottle and most likely will not be buying a third. I like the lotion texture and the packaging and the price of this, considering its a high end brand, and the amount you get, I'd say the $34 is quite a bargain. my skin is normal-combo with dryness around the lips/normal on cheeks and oily t zone. it is very moisturizing and I love products with spf however, as others say, it leaves my forehead extremely shiny and I have to use a lot of powder to get it under control. I live in Los Angeles, weather is very stable so the SPF is my only concern when picking out products. so pros: SPF 30, pricing and value, packaging, moisturizing, cons: too oily for my skin

I'm a little shocked by the bad reviews but maybe this really is a product best for dry or combination skin, which I have. I think perhaps, too, that this could be considered a primer but isn't a primer in the vein that we think of them now, i.e. since Smashbox came out with their primer and we've all expected a 'cone-based primer since. Before that, priming used to be "prime the skin with moisturizer"----THAT is more the way this primer could be considered. I enjoy the texture. For me it's perfectly moisturizing and has a nice high SPF. It does not have the dimethicone-smoothing, Smashbox-ness to it, but that's a plus to me bc I don't like that.

I would definitely repurchase but damn, that price is brutal!!!!!! So I'll say yes, but I can't afford it right now.

on 12/17/2014 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this primer! Though it is a bit heavy, it's perfect for my dry combo sensitive skin. My make up lasts all day and keeps my super dry/flaky areas hydrated longer than any other primer I've tried. Even if I wear it by itself as sunscreen it makes me look radiant, not oily.

Most importantly it has none of the slippery feeling of a silicone based primer, which tend to dry out my skin from the inside out AND clog my pores. Despite the price I would definitely buy it again.

on 11/7/2014 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Makes me really oily. Makeup looks good in the morning but by noon it's sliding off my face. I would not buy it again. Kind of sour that I spend $45 on it actually. Going back to Shiseido Face for awhile.

on 8/4/2014 9:55:00 PM

I'm pretty dry and after wearing this today I am an oily mess. Completely took me by surprise since I am a long time LM primer (original formula) user and don't get slick using that. Disappointed since I really, really wanted the added benefit of the SPF.