Estee Lauder Pure Color Intense Kajal EyeLiner - Blackened Cocoa

2.1

Received this as a GWP and this really sucks. Every time I wore it, it transferred on my eye. I would look in the mirror and have black smudges on my face -- really embarrassing.

It also didn't set. Sometimes I do eyeliner before eyeshadow. I never had a problem doing makeup in that order before-- bc the eyeliner sets. This one didn't and when I applied my eye base it transferred black eyeshadow all over my lid-- like when you color a light color crayon over a black crayon and black smudges drag everywhere. I had no choice but to use a pigmented, very shimmery eyeshadow that day to try to conceal what happened-- but it didnt even fix it and my eyes looked muddy all day.

I used this liner for about a solid week before I decided it's crap. I usually don't have a problem w transferring-- I actually like Mac eye kohls *because of* how creamy they are. But this pure color intense is unusable imo.

The only reason I didn't give it 1 star was bc the shade of black is actually really flattering-- didn't contrast harshly with my fair, yellow (sallow) undertoned skin-- but it only stayed put for 20 mins.

WTF is the this?? the worst eyeliner I have ever used, it smudges all over in 20 mins LITERALLY, normally when eyeliner smudges on my eyes, it usually gets on lower eyelid, but this one is so bad it got all over my eyelids as well! OMG I can't believe estee lauder has products like this it's worst than any low end brands I ever tried.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had this in Blackened Black (I didn't see a separate review, sorry!) which I just got in an EL GWP Autumn 2016 & boy it is amazing. I'm in the minority of loving this but it even lasts thru naps, & on my very oily skin/lids it lasts you would think this is double wear franchise but it's nice & soft & blends so easily best thing for waterlining. I would def consider buying this but I don't know if it's sold separately becoz I looked it up on Sephora & it wasn't there. EL is having all their Edit products so perhaps this is being phased out? Such a shame if it is becoz this is a really good eyeliner! I know black looks black but this makes me look fancy! For real! A good black lines is essential. This is a kajal (kohl) so it is supposed to be soft & smoldering smudgy not too precise. It's meant to smudge out smoked out smoky.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Got this in 01 Blackened Black in a gift set given with a purchase over AUD$75 - have to say I am not impressed.
I applied it to my upper waterline. It initially went on really well - glided on smoothly with great pigmentation - but after leaving the house and meeting up with my friends (perhaps an hour later?) they nudged me and pointed out that I had serious panda eyes going on.
Checked myself in a mirror and yep - panda eyes to the max. I don't ever touch my eyes when I have makeup on, as I generally expect things to smudge if I do touch them, so the fact that it had smudged so badly with only the blinking of my eyes is pretty sad. I did try to wipe off the smudges once I noticed, hoping that it was just due to the eyeliner not... setting properly (does pencil eyeliner even set?) but about an hour later I checked a mirror and there it was again. Big ugly black smudges underneath my eyes.
Definitely never repurchasing it: $38 Australian dollars is way too much to be paying for a product of this quality. Actually, any amount of money is too much for something as bad as this.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I received this in Blackened Black in the holiday 2014 Color Portfolio palette. I like using this on my top lash line, it looks very smooth and rich and very black. I have to agree with everyone else about using this on the bottom lash line, however. It will smudge and smear right away. I will keep using it for my top lash line when I don't want to do a winged look with liquid eyeliner, but will not repurchase when I run out because I can easily find a better product for a lower price.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I used this for the first time today and I really wish I hadn't. Initially when I applied the product I was impressed. It is creamy, smooth and beautifully pigmented, and accentuated my eyes nicely. However, it seems that this eyeliner smears at the smallest touch, leaving me walking around with ridiculous panda eyes for hours before I noticed. When I finally got a look at myself in the mirror I was so horribly embarrassed. I do usually have a little bit of smearing with my regular liner (Revlon Color stay) as I sometimes rub my eyes - although that is nothing compared to this. As an added smack in the face it is an absolute bitch to get off, even with eye makeup remover. Thumbs down from me. Save your money and invest in another eyeliner.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

No staying power! It smears within 30 minutes. I got two samples as a gift with a purchase. I would never, ever buy these pencils. I could get better liner at the 99¢ Store.

01 Blackened Black. I think the packaging (pencil itself) is classy, beautiful. Not horribly expensive. I love that it is VERY soft, so I don`t even feel it when I apply it on my waterline. But yes, it doesn`t stay on too long. For me, it stayed on several hours though, but I was at a movie shoot and they also applied black eyeliner on the top lid, and this pencil on my waterline and under the lashes, so stayed on several hours but what would it do completely alone, I have to update on that. I think go to the EL counter, put it on, and walk around and see. Worth a try...

I must be the only person that likes these eye pencils! I have them in Blackened Sapphire - a beautiful blue, darker than Royal blue but not quite as dark as navy and stunning with brown eyes - as well as Blackened Cocoa - dark brown and Blackened ... well, Black - plain old black. They are the perfect consistency for the lid AND the waterline and on me stay put and don't smudge. They hardly ever need sharpening so the high price seems a bit more reasonable to me. I have some gorgeous-looking Mally eye pencils that are expensive, as soft as hell, forever need sharpening and I lose loads in the process. I know which ones I prefer.

I got this in a set and decided to give it a try. I have it in 01 blackened black and hate it. I wear liquid eyeliner in a casual wing and put pencil on my bottom waterline (I do not like the look of liquid on the bottom of the eye.) However, whenever I attempt to wear this pencil, within the first two hours I look like a panda because it slides off under my eye, ruining my look. :(