Coty Vanilla Fields (parfum)

Filtered by age: 25-29

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

The scent reminds me of an older english lady, having tea in the garden of her humble country home. Waiting for her dear husband who was lost at sea several years ago. One sip reminds her of her ballet lessons as a child. Another sip reminds her of the formality she grew up in, surrounded by family, by political correctness and rules a true lady should never fail to put in practice. And finally, her last, but precious sip of tea reminds her of all the classic vintage romance she once had with the love of her life. Dancing , laughing and making love in the flower fields that surrounded their home.
She did find a message in a bottle by the sea with two words ''Vanilla Fields''.

This perfume is mature, powdery, lightly musky with a dash of vanilla. It may come off as too old at the beginning a bit like one's grandmother's scent. But it soon fades into sweetness and comfort...just like grandma.

This is another one of those perfumes I am ashamed to say I ever wore. I went through about a year (when I was a young teenager) where I wore this constantly - every darn day. Now, when I smell it, I get sick. It's heavy, immature, and cheap. What was I thinking???

Wow! I love this scent and so do all of the men in my life: father, brothers, boyfriend. I wore expensive fragrances: D&G, Dior, even a couple from Italy. I picked this bottle up while restocking on another scent. When I put it one weekend I got a lot of compliments. My father said I smelled like vanilla ice cream, his favorite. My brothers kept hugging me. My boyfriend said it was his favorite and admitted that D& G light blue smelled like hand sanitizer on me :-P He wants me to wear it more often. A 12 dollar bottle of perfume? Wow. I hope I can find it again.

I use to wear this when I was in high school and always received compliments on how nice I smelled from both men and women. People would always say "You always smells so nice!". I even had a guy follow me around the library for 5 whole minutes before coming up to me and confessing that he had been following me because I smelled so good.

One of my friends who loved the smell on me went and purchased it for herself and complained that it smelled horrible on her but so good on me. I figured it had a lot of do with body chemistry and just wasn't working for her.

I've had other more expensive perfumes but never have I received compliments as when I use to wear Vanilla Fields. I'm going to purchase it again years later since it's the only one that gets people's attention.

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

When I was about 12 years old, I recieved this as a gift, but even back then I was too discerning to wear it with any regularity. I remember trying to force myself to like it, but I never did. It smells like vanilla extract, or like someone has been drinking vanilla vodka. That's all you need in the seventh grade is for your teachers to think you're an alcoholic. Men usually tend to like vanilla scents (even though I'm not a big fan), but most of the guys I know who have smelled this on a woman say that this smells like a stripper in a dive bar, or like a teenager's attempt at sex appeal.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I didn't realize I could feel so much hate for a perfume I wasn't allergic to. The perfume itself smells like cheap, fake vanilla. It smells like a twelve year old. That in itself isn't so bad. I like the smell of walmart cottoncandy body spray, my taste in scents is not terribly mature. What really bothers me is how this scent reacts on many people. It smells overwhelmingly like body odor. I use to think this smell was from girls in my highschool trying to mask the odor with massive amounts of perfume, but I've come to realize that it's the perfume itself. I've witnessed the scent come alive minutes after being applied, starting to reek of BO. It's such a heavy scent that sticks around in the air. I've done paperwork in the hall at work because the scent was lingering around the office. Ugh.

Cheap, and not very chic, but I like it.

Lots of people bash this one, and yes, it isn't all that sophisticated or interesting, but for those days when you want comfort and simplicity, this is the scent to go for. I really like it, everything considered. And all the people around me like it, too. Perfect for a cold, dreary fall or winter day - when the sleet or rain is beating down on the house, but the fire is cozy and there's hot chocolate and cookies around, along with all the people you love -

This is in my regular rotation, along with fragrances that cost three times its cost, but simply stated, it's an old favorite. I think if a person tries it at least once, and lets it dry down and wear a bit, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Reminds me of high school. Like a treasured old sweater I pull it out from time to time for the old memories. :)

I could not detest a fragrance more than this one. It literally turns my stomach and gives me the most lovely of gag reflexes. This gets the record of the only perfume that has ever caused me to yak. (In HS a girl next to my locker would douse herself in this every hour, and finally my stomach had enough). I like musk, I like some vanillas (not sweet ones), but these two notes do not make a happy marriage to my poor nose. I literally have to leave a room if someone is wearing this fragrance-it has the affect of following the wearer around in a cloud of stink, which I guess is great for someone who actually likes it. It is a VERY cloying fragrance - the vanilla notes are too sweet, the floral notes are over the top, and the musk smells like dirty skin. I obviously don't wear this fragrance and I would be so happy if no one else did either=(.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This has been a favorite for over a decade, it's not expensive & smells really good. It's one of those perfumes you need to spray lightly because it CAN become overpowering but when sprayed sparingly, it has a very inviting scent.

Popular Fragrances