Garnier 5 sec Perfect Blur

Garnier 5 sec Perfect Blur
Enter Title

3.0

Dimethicone, Dimethicone crosspolymer, Silica (nano) / Silica Isododecane, Aluminium Hydroxide, CI77491 / Iron Oxydes, CI77891/ Titanium Dioxide, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate.

on 11/12/2013 5:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Meh... I normally use Lisse Minute from Clarins, and while this has the same texture and feel, it is makes my skin feel greasy. I reckon that the amount of silicones is a lot higher in this than in the Clarins primer. But, in it's defense, it's half as cheap. Still, I will be sticking to my trusty Clarins!

on 11/25/2013 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I usually use a primer from Lancome. This is almost as good, for 1/5 of the price.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

For a drugstore primer, this is most definitely not a bad way to go. It is relatively inexpensive, and you get 30ml of product, which you only really need a small amount of so it will probably last you a long time. It makes the claims of visibly blurring your wrinkles, imperfections, open pores and shine. These are definitely big claims that I can't say it lives up to all of them. When first applied, I can definitely see the blurring affect, it makes my face look and feel soft and smooth. However it has a really greasy consistency so I think if I had oily skin then this would definitely increase shine as opposed to reducing it. Also, the advice on the box is to apply after you've done your moisturiser, but for me it feels like I've got too much on my face, like a really heavy feeling if that makes any sense. Even if I sit and wait for my moisturiser to completely sink in and then follow up with the blur, it still feels like too much. But it keeps my make up there for a few hours and definitely makes my complexion look softer, which is always a plus. I probably wouldn't buy again on the basis of I don't really like primers for the face that much, I only bought this out of a recommendation from someone.

on 1/8/2014 8:11:00 PM

I tried this primer on the back of my hand in the store and what I observed has put a big smile on my face. My skin became instantly smooth and great on the touch. So i took it home. No, I will not buy or use it again. I will most likely give it to my friend, who recommended this stuff to me as a HG. But to the point. It definitely makes the skin feel smoother. Unfortunately I got rid of the leaflet, so I can only guess that it could be due to silica and some sort of mica. It made absolutely no difference to the look of my skin. I have some enlarged pores around my nose area, but it did nothing to improve it. I think it does contain some sort of powder as it does make your skin look matte (and it promises to remove the shine), but that's about it. You can get the same and better result just by using your powder. It also clogged my pores and I developed a few spots on my face which I never had in my life as I have a very good skin. I also noticed it is difficult to get removed. When I clean my face, I can feel a residue that does not go away unless I use a face scrub for longer than usual. And my foundation goes funny when applied over this primer.

If you really need a primer that works, you will have to pay more than £9.99... The one by Benefit is a good one.

on 1/21/2014 10:35:00 AM

works for about 5 minutes, rubs off really easily. don't even bother putting foundation over the top.....slides off. I am still looking for the holy grail of a primer that conceals pores : (

on 2/25/2014 12:22:00 AM

I LOVE this product. It works for me a treat! I honestly could not do without it now. It hides my open pores in seconds and blurs many of my fine lines and wrinkles. I leave it for about a full 5 minutes before gently applying moisturiser and then wait another 5 minutes and apply my foundation. My skin has NEVER looked better and I'm 48! I highly recommend this product.

on 2/28/2014 5:14:00 PM

The packaging looks very nice, I tried it on my hand and saw no reactions (although I washed my hands rather soon after), didn't sniff so I don't recall the/if-any smell. However:

INGREDIENTS: Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica (Nano)/ Silica, Isododecanee, Aluminum Hydroxide, Cl 77491/ Iron Oxides, Cl 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate.

I doubt a silicone layer could help my sensitive, oily, acne prone skin. I advise girls like me NOT to gamble.

First things first - this is silicone-y as hell! If you are sensitive to those or don't like the feeling, steer clear.
I personally am partial to a little silicone-y primer in my life from time to time to even out all the nooks and crannies on my nose, forehead and chin. However this is not my primer of choice.
Price, packaging and accessibility are fab but this stuff does not agree with any base I put over in, causing it to pill like nobodies business. It also collects in my eyebrows no matter how I try to avoid that area so any eyebrow product I put on pills too...
I prefer Smashbox Photo Finish, more but makeup stays on and works with all my bases. Give this a miss

on 3/12/2014 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product is okay! I bought this instead of my Loreal miracle blur because it was a few dollars cheaper. I looooove Loreals- but this one is similar but okay. It does blur. I squeeze the recommended amount of product into my hands and it still doesn't seem to be enough!! I'll probably go back to Loreals though... In a pinch I'll get this.

on 3/16/2014 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I am 57 years old and have had rosacea, the kind that causes hyperplasia of your skin cells and sebaceous gland hyperplasia, for a long time. So my pores are pretty much noticeable no matter what I do. I have never really used primer before because I never found one that did much of anything, but I thought I would try this one because the name "blur" attracted me, and it is amazing! It slips on easily, I love the feel of it, it goes on thickly and covers my enlarged pores so well and my liquid foundation slips on so easily over it, and my skin looks great all day! It looks really natural, very matte and not oily or shiny at all, and not like I am wearing a lot of makeup, which is very important to me. I also use it under my eyes in lieu of a concealer, and it really does seem to "blur" my dark circles and fine lines in that area in a more natural way than any concealer I have found. This summer I may try it with a mineral veil on top for a lighter look! This is definitely a valuable part of daily routine for as long as it is available!!!