MAC Retro Matte - All Fired Up

MAC Retro Matte - All Fired Up
Retro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired Up

4.5

on 7/10/2017 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this lip color! I pair it with Currant lip liner and give it a slight ombre look. On me it looks like a 80's pink Red.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I hear people describing this as red all the time, but on me it's bright pink- a reddish fuchsia, but still pink, not red. I've always had trouble with bright pinks, which tend to make me look washed out but the reddish undertone means this is one of the few that looks good - it actually pops and lights up my face. Ruby Woo is my HG lipstick for a classic look, but AFU is what I wear when I want something slightly fresher and more poppy.

Texture-wise, this is an easier lipstick to apply than Ruby Woo. Like most MAC mattes, it has phenomenal staying power and fades to a bright stain. The absolute matte-ness of it makes for fantastic pigmentation, but it's absolutely imperative to make sure your lips are moisturised/non-flaky before application, because it WILL cling to the flakes.

All in all, it's a great lipstick and I would much rather have yet another backup of it than waste money on liquid lipsticks which are much worse on the dryness and texture fronts. I feel like for a while there, people were so caught up in that liquid lipstick craze that they forgot lipstick in a bullet could do the job just as well.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm normally into MLBB/nudes so this was a bit of a deviation for me. It was rec'd to me by a friend on fb so I blind bought this off of Maccosmetics .com & I love it. It is a retro matte so it is very dry. I would classify this as a strawberry red (my mom saw it on me & goes "that's really red!!" Um, ok, she wasn't a fan I guess). This is bright without being dark nor vampy/goth. I personally love it for a brighter fun look better than Girl About Town I do love Candy Yum Yum for bright looks & I am hoarding a tube of Viva Glam Nicki but Viva Glam Miley 1 is also good. MAC has so many good shades! This manages to be dry (I rec'd MAC Prep + Prime Lip), but long wearing because it doesn't slide around & isn't emollient but this is 1 of the driest [traditional formula] lipsticks I own. I own a few Retro Mattes & I like the formula. It doesn't feel like I have a heavy coating on my lips. Lasts a long time. <3 #winning

on 10/9/2015 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

For a nude lover like myself, this is extremely out of my comfort zone, yet I'm obsessed with how this lipstick just brightens up my face. It is a bright pinky red that gives such a beautiful velvetty matte finish. Be careful, this is super drying as all retro matte finishes are, but if you exfoliate, let a lip balm sink into your lips for a couple minutes and then apply, you should be all set. The fact that its long wearing, gives off such a beautiful matte finish & its ability to brighten up my face is enough justification to continue to purchase this lipstick as long as it's available. I'm an NC30 from Mac for reference, but I haven't seen this color be unflattering to anyone.

This shade is literally never in stock, because everyone seems to be obsessed with it and now that I own my tube of it - I totally justify the hype.

All Fired Up is a beautiful, deep berry red colour that has a retro matte finish. This means that it is drier than a matte and a bit difficult to apply. You certainly need to prep your lips beforehand for a flawless lipstick application.

It does however last all day long and survive all the drinking and eating. It doesn't smudge and has got that velvety-smooth look to it. Absolutely divine! If you like your reds a bit blue-ish and berry in colour - try this lipstick!

For swatches and more info on other best selling MAC lipsticks use the link below. Hope it helps deciding!

I'm in love with this shade it's a more red / pink. I never wear pink so this was a perfect find for me with just a tad bit of a vibrant Pink. The retro matte formula is my favourite as long as your moisturizing your lips. I great colour to finish off a natural makeup for a nice pop

on 6/8/2015 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really like this lipstick. On me, it's a matte berry red shade that goes great with a brown smokey eye or a no-makeup makeup look. The retro matte finish is not too drying and glides on smoothly, however, it does tend to transfer. I'd recommend exfoliating/moisturizing your lips before applying this lipstick because it slightly accentuates cracks and fine lines. It's a bold color perfect for spring and summer.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

The MAC website describes All Fired Up as a 'bright fuschia matte' however that would depend on your skin tone and the pigmentation of your lips. On me, it's a deep yet bright dark pink. It doesn't look red on me at all. The finish is a 'retro matte', it takes a few swipes to get it on your lips and the colour pay off is highly pigmented and intense. It seems like a dry formula however it doesn't feel dry or heavy on my lips, and doesn't settle into the lines. It is a very beautiful shade, and would suit a variety of different skin tones.
A very good dupe for it is the KIKO Rock Idol Lipstick in Rossetto 06, they look practically the same on me. I love having both, as the familiar vanilla scent of the MAC lipsticks is just lovely.

Such a beautiful watermelon red shade! I love it so much.

It looks kind of pink in the tube, but don't let that fool you. It's much more red and intense when you put it on. You could even probably get away with using a red liner if you don't have a matching liner.

In terms of texture, it is a DRY matte. A bit difficult to put on, but quite long-lasting once you do.

on 2/21/2015 10:03:00 PM

This is the only red I wear. The only downside is it clings to dryness. I exfoliate well and put on Chapstick before applying. Gorgeous color with my pale skin and dark hair. In love with the color and matte finish.