Chloé Roses de Chloe

Chloé Roses de Chloe

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I'm a rose lover, and enjoy talking a stroll every year in our local heritage rose garden at the height of the season each year. Real roses on a bush can vary depending on the type. Some have rich honeyed tones, some are creamy, others have hints of citrus. And then there is the damask rose, the simple traditional pink pot pourri rose. This is Roses de Chloe. Feminine pink rose, fresh and light with the lightest whisper of musk. But it feels a little old to me. Like an old fashioned rose soap found in your great grandmothers drawer. Or pot pot pourri. Or like burying your nose in a bouquet of roses picked a few days ago. Its real roses, but not quite fresh off the bush. Still, a lovely feminine fragrance. One lippie off for the poor lasting power. Its almost like a body spray, lasting around one hour on me in a mild winter.

Top Notes - Bergamot
Heart Notes - Damask rose, Magnolia
Base Notes - White musk, Amber

I need some help with my Chloe experience being kind of minimal . I have to purchase all my fragrances blindly because of where I live. I live in a valley of a mountain in the middle of West Virginia with no reasonable shopping. My signature scent is Chloe by Chloe. I think it's the original but it's not the one in the circle bottle. It's the newer version. I love it so very much that I'm trying to find another Chloe that is as beautiful as Chloe by Chloe. After several days of massive research and reading reviews it's boiled down to I'm going to buy this one or one that's called Chloe new. That one is sold at fragrancenet.com and is all over the internet but not offered at Sephora or any of the major retailers. It's actually called Chloe new but if it's supposed to be the new version of Chloe why is it not available as widely? That makes me concerned that it was released and not accepted and is already discontinued. Nevertheless it's there and I'm having a really hard time deciding between it the Chloe new and the Chloe de roses.

The only thing that's really holding me back from this one are the many many review saying it doesn't last on the skin. I just cannot find any information or much of it about Chloe new. This is my last resort and if you guys don't know about Chloe new and if it's worth buying why it's not available mainstream anymore then I guess this is the one I'm going to buy. It's going to be one or the other.

Anything you guys might know about Khloe new and where it has gone LOL would be most helpful. I know this one is beautiful but if Chloe new is beautiful also and last longer I want to go with that.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I never wear perfume. I always thought that the smell of a fresh shower, the body lotion I use, and deodorant are enough to smell good. But after getting a sample of this perfume from Sephora, I immediately ordered the roller ball version online so I can carry it anywhere I go and reapply when necessary since it fits in my purse. I do admit I have been on a Rose smell kick lately for some reason which is weird cause I’m not the biggest fan of real roses. This perfume doesn’t smell fake in any way. It’s soft but elegant. It definitely captures the way a woman should smell- very feminine. I wish it was stronger and lasted longer. That’s why I bought the roller ball. I have never bought perfume for myself ever nor has anyone else because I tell people I don’t wear perfume. But that maybe because I haven’t found my “signature scent” so they say. I do believe I finally found it. I highly recommend this perfume. Especially for beginners like me. You won’t be disappointed. Like I said I’m not Even a fan of the smell of real roses and I like this perfume.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is such a gorgeous fragrance, a true lush pink rose. I got it for my mom for Christmas, as she is a big rose fan, and she adores it just as much as I do. I think I might have to get a bottle myself, actually!

And it lasts! My mother says it lasts all day on her and on me as well (I sneaked a spritz ;) )

Beautiful, quality fragrance in a pretty bottle. Love love love.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

overall, the scent of the perfume does not last very long. If you are looking for a perfume which will last until the end of the day, this may not be for you. I sprayed this 3 times, and the scent almost did not even last for 4 hours plus.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Roses de Chloe is a Dainty,Soapy Rose...A Little Powdery...Nice for all occasions...Smells like a Bouquet of Roses...So Pretty!

on 12/3/2016 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Oh so love lovely, soft, and a beautiful fragrance

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a gorgeous soft, fresh rose fragrance which feels modern and romantic to wear.
Not a complicated scent but sometimes that is just what you want. It makes a lovely understated daytime or weekend fragrance, also very work-appropriate but not boring at all.
Because of its simplicity I have found it is very nice for layering – I personally love rose + vanilla and often layer it with Laura Mercier Vanille Gourmande which is a great, light combination that draws a lot of compliments.
Projection and lasting power on the skin are good, for an EDT.

Notes according to Sephora:-
Fresh Cut Roses, Bergamot, Rose Essence, Magnolia Accord, White Musk, Amber

I received this as a Sephora sample. It's lovely, and I will be purchasing a fb within the next few days. This triggered a major olfactory memory for me of a discontinued flanker of Lancome Miracle called So Magic! (so cheesy!) that I owned maybe 10 years ago. I loved it, so of course it got discontinued. To my sadness, it has haunted me and even searching for it online I can't seem to find it, but this is the closest thing I have smelled personally. I haven't even compared the list of notes and all I know is that rose features in both. Other reviewers have done a good job of describing it. It is not fleeting like a lot of other fragrances of its ilk. Soooo happy to have found something that fills the void left by So Magic!

I love perfumes and have accumulated a good sized collection over the years. But one way or another I would always get tired of a scent and move on to something else. Yet Roses de Chloe is the first perfume I've ever used an entire bottle of and repurchased. The way that it manages to capture the rose scent is very unique and never grows old. I love that it smells like soft, fresh, living roses with pink blossoms and dewy green leaves. Usually rose notes in perfumes are pretty heavy and smell more like old dried red roses with a dense sweetness.

Roses de Chloe is a straightforward, realistic fresh pink living rose. It is crisp but not sharp and doesn't have any unecessary "extras" to muddy the lovely rose. I don't detect any harsh aldehydes, citrus, spiciness, powderiness, or (thank god) any saccharine sweetness. It is so hard to find any perfume these days that isn't candy-sweet! It has some white musk and amber for depth and some bergamot for crispness but it doesn't read as citrus-y. This is a perfume you wear when you want to show your best face to the world and feel elegant, lovely, feminine, confident and unabashedly ladylike.

One gripe -- I wish it came as an eau de parfum instead of an eau de toilette, especially at its price point. It does not last very long on me and it is not a very potent perfume, unlike the original Chloe. But I'm willing to live with it until they hopefully release an eau de parfum version because I can't get enough of this scent.

Popular Fragrances