Chloe Roses de Chloe

Chloe Roses de Chloe

4.3

on 12/3/2016 12:39:00 AM

Oh so love lovely, soft, and a beautiful fragrance

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a gorgeous soft, fresh rose fragrance which feels modern and romantic to wear.
Not a complicated scent but sometimes that is just what you want. It makes a lovely understated daytime or weekend fragrance, also very work-appropriate but not boring at all.
Because of its simplicity I have found it is very nice for layering – I personally love rose + vanilla and often layer it with Laura Mercier Vanille Gourmande which is a great, light combination that draws a lot of compliments.
Projection and lasting power on the skin are good, for an EDT.

Notes according to Sephora:-
Fresh Cut Roses, Bergamot, Rose Essence, Magnolia Accord, White Musk, Amber

I received this as a Sephora sample. It's lovely, and I will be purchasing a fb within the next few days. This triggered a major olfactory memory for me of a discontinued flanker of Lancome Miracle called So Magic! (so cheesy!) that I owned maybe 10 years ago. I loved it, so of course it got discontinued. To my sadness, it has haunted me and even searching for it online I can't seem to find it, but this is the closest thing I have smelled personally. I haven't even compared the list of notes and all I know is that rose features in both. Other reviewers have done a good job of describing it. It is not fleeting like a lot of other fragrances of its ilk. Soooo happy to have found something that fills the void left by So Magic!

I love perfumes and have accumulated a good sized collection over the years. But one way or another I would always get tired of a scent and move on to something else. Yet Roses de Chloe is the first perfume I've ever used an entire bottle of and repurchased. The way that it manages to capture the rose scent is very unique and never grows old. I love that it smells like soft, fresh, living roses with pink blossoms and dewy green leaves. Usually rose notes in perfumes are pretty heavy and smell more like old dried red roses with a dense sweetness.

Roses de Chloe is a straightforward, realistic fresh pink living rose. It is crisp but not sharp and doesn't have any unecessary "extras" to muddy the lovely rose. I don't detect any harsh aldehydes, citrus, spiciness, powderiness, or (thank god) any saccharine sweetness. It is so hard to find any perfume these days that isn't candy-sweet! It has some white musk and amber for depth and some bergamot for crispness but it doesn't read as citrus-y. This is a perfume you wear when you want to show your best face to the world and feel elegant, lovely, feminine, confident and unabashedly ladylike.

One gripe -- I wish it came as an eau de parfum instead of an eau de toilette, especially at its price point. It does not last very long on me and it is not a very potent perfume, unlike the original Chloe. But I'm willing to live with it until they hopefully release an eau de parfum version because I can't get enough of this scent.

on 5/6/2016 12:58:00 PM

I don't write enough reviews, I admit it. This is especially true of fragrances because I usually don't feel I can do the fragrance justice. However, I just had to review Roses de Chloe - it is such a beautiful, soft, sexy smell. The strange thing is that I do not like the smell of roses - Red Roses by Jo Malone was way too "rose" for me, and Stella didn't do anything for me. However, this little gem is absolutely gorgeous. For me, staying power is very good. There is just something about this fragrance that definitely speaks of rose but doesn't shout it. Combined with the musk and other notes, it is SO well-rounded and soft. Perfect for the upcoming spring and summer months, but certainly wearable all year round. I love it.

on 2/17/2016 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I love Roses de Chloe! I think it's one of the most realistic and lovely rose perfumes I've ever smelled. It has none of the mustiness that many rose fragrances have. This is a "pink" rose, to me, not a voluptuous red, or a mysterious purple, or a gentle white. It's what I wanted from the Rosines...any Rosine...but never got. This is pure, sweet, and heady...like Stella, and YSL Paris edt. I find it easy to wear alone, and I love to layer it with other fragrances. For an edt, this packs a punch! It smells like a real, live rose - which is incredible!

This perfume is just OK, in my opinion. I have another rose fragrance from The Body Shop and it smells just like this. Only difference being that the TBS was a quarter of the price. To me, it doesn't have anything that distinguishes itself from other rose scents that I have smelled out there. I was hoping for a rose scent with the distinctive Chloe base. Maybe it's just my body chemistry or my nose, but I don't get any of that. All I smell are roses. Chloe's other fragrance, Love Story, has just that -- it opens with white florals, but then has that same base as the original Chloe. The Roses de Chloe however, will not be a repurchase for me.

Another sample from Sephora. Wow I can say I'm very impressed with this one. It is a bit on the strong side (for me anyways) but not hardly as bad a most other "rose" scented perfumes. Most are too overpowering for me, and I can't even smell any rose in them. This is fresh and very much smells of roses. Very romantic! The price is up there so I doubt I'll ever get a bottle but I'm sure I'd get a roller ball. If I were more into perfumes I would splurge on this when I could. I'm sure it would make a lovely gift for anyone that likes rose scents.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I hope they never discontinue this fragrance!

It's a very delicate and feminine rose scent, but it isn't powdery or artificial. The bottle is beautiful too. The fragrance doesn't last that long, but it does linger. The notes mostly stay consistent throughout wear, but I do think it smells even better after it settles a bit.

I've used a lot of different perfumes (>50), but this is my absolute favorite. Of all the ones I've used, this one feels the most "me." I get a ton of compliments on my scent when I wear it, too.

The only complaint I have about this perfume is the high price, but I am more than willing to pay that much for something that smells so great.

on 3/2/2015 11:00:00 AM

As the name would suggest, all you smell when you first spray this is fresh, light and watery rose. However, the reason I love this is that after about 10 minutes, the rose fades and gives way to amber and musk, which give this fragrances a sublte warmth. Like many others, I also get a faint soapy / baby wash note which I find very comforting - it's a scent that stays very close to the skin and makes me feel pretty, but not in a dolled-up / screaming for attention-kind-of-way. If this perfume was a colour, it would definitely be the soft rosey shade Chlo chose for the ribbon as opposed to the hot pink bow that adorns the Juicy Couture creations.

Popular Fragrances