Bellami Hair Extensions

1.9

My review is kind of mixed. I initially tried Bellami’s sew in weft (20” dirty blonde) and am pretty impressed with them. I’ve been wearing them for almost 8 months now and the only reason I need new hair is because they are starting to shed and won’t revive with a deep conditioning as well as they did a few months ago. I decided to try the clip ins finally and purchased the Khaleesi set in Dirty Blonde. These were a VERY stark contrast to the permanent sew in wefts that I purchased and grew to love. The clip ins tangled FAST and the first time I washed them they basically needed to be thrown away. I’ve had Sally Beauty Supply hair behave better than this stuff. The color wasn’t the same as the sew in wefts and was much lighter, more like a 613 than an 18. And there was the tell tale dark strands mixed in that screams this is cheap hair. I tried to dye the bottom weft a bit darker to match my natural hair and the hair basically is disintegrating now. What pisses me off the most besides the wasted money (I could have spent the extra $200 and got the permanent wefts again - just bought a home so I was trying to save money) is the fact that I tried to post a review on their site and it was never posted to the site. They filter the reviews and only post the positive reviews. That’s effing SHADY guys! Beware any site that doesn’t have any negative reviews!! The box, hanger and little bag was cool but I’m not happy with paying $279 for what I got. The cost to value ratio is ludicrous. I WILL buy their permanent weft extensions again because I’m a model and have to have them for work and they are the best I’ve found and act the most like real hair that I’ve ever seen. My only complaint about the permanent wefts is that they do NOT hold a curl. I have yet to try to dye them. So yeah, Bellami - your clip ins SUCK but your permanent sew in wefts are AH-MAZING!

I've bought the 260g and 280g once, and the 340g twice.
The only reasons I've bought the extensions are because of the thickness and color of the brown ones.
I dye my hair a lot and therefore have bought the extensions in the colors dark brown, chocolate brown and ash blonde (twice) over the past four years.
Like I said, the only reason why I've bought them is because of the thickness. I have really thick hair, and these extensions blend perfectly with my hair. But they tangle so fast. At the end of the day, even if I brushed through them multiple times, it would just be a huge bundle in the back of my head. It's also definitely not 100% remy, as I would always find a lot of black strings in my hair. People even commented on it, especially after I dyed it back to my natural blonde color and used the ash blonde extensions.
The "ash blonde" hair color is also incredibly yellow. I always had to tone it. It tones nicely with the purple shampoo from Fudge, but that also means that you have to buy a shampoo in addition to your extensions, which at that price, I think should be ash blonde like they claim, not yellow blonde.
The color of the dark brown and chocolate brown extensions though were incredibly beautiful.
I rarely styled the extensions, washed them as rarely as possible (every other month or so), always used high end shampoos, deep conditioners and conditioners, always brushed through the extensions before and after use and used the hanger than comes with it to hang them up so they wouldn't bundle up or anything like that when I wasn't using them.

Just got the Magnficia 24" #2 and I am SO DISAPPOINTED. I've been wanting these for years and so I finally just made my bank account cry. before I even saw them I knew it was gonna be crap. My Manila envelope with 300$ hair inside had a foot print on it. Then I saw the hair and it's just horrible. All diff lengths and frizz after 2 sec and they are super ratty. Super THIN. Anyone standing up for these has obviously no idea what their doing and have no business effing with extensions. I'll stick w My Sally euronext. Rant over. Just pissed I wasted my time and money hoping to save one of you girls the trouble!!!!!

These extensions smelled when heated , and in general ... they also only lasted me 2.5months . Waste of money matted up bad ! Felt not silky at all

These extensions are good and bad. They’re amazing if you get the correct color, know how to blend them, and know how to style them. However, they are NOT 100% human hair. Do not bleach them or color them. I went to a salon to get my hair done, my extensions as well. Everything seemed fine; the color was fading and it wasn’t taking too long, BUT when my hair was done and I was just waiting for the extensions turns out that the hair was falling off with the slightest touch. Because, it’s not 100% human hair. Don’t waste $200 like me just for them to end up getting thrown away, in a trash can, at a salon only after a year of having them!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would be very hard pressed to believe this is 100% human hair. Not only does it not color like human hair or hi light like human hair , but it has doll hair texture. Then once you wash it it tangles like doll hair snaps off like doll hair The worst I've owned. I used a medium brown hair color that I always use to create darker towards the clips and it is like medium ash blonde after leaving it on an hour so it colors like doll hair. (it won't get dark, so weird) Then the tangled mess after doing this, and none of my hair products were working on smoothing it so I decided to look up how to smooth doll hair and guess what IT WORKED. Therefore I must conclude it's plastic doll hair. I've never had out of the 7 extension sets I've had, any this bad and react this way to coloring. TOTAL RIP Also I noticed on the website they won't post these reviews so CUDOS for you MakeupAlley!

Not impressed with the quality of this hair for the money spent, especially with the number of YouTube and Instagram reviewers raving about them :(

Worst quality hair extensions I have ever owned. I have experience with hair extensions, as I have purchased several sets of hair extensions from other companies. I was appalled by the terrible quality of these extensions, as they were dry and course to the touch and honestly looked very fake. The hair was so course and dry that it stood out so much when clipped into my hair, even when I tried to blend it in. It would tangle easily (probably because the hair was so dried out), and look super matted. For the record, the hair was never soft or healthy-looking out of the packaging, before I did anything to it. I tried to do hair masks, oils, and leave in treatments to no avail. The hair quality is just bad. I just feel so fooled by the YT videos claiming these are the best quality.

Do not waste your time or money!!!! Ladies!! I’ve been following Bellami for years on Instagram..I remember them having crappy customer service years ago..but the pretty pictures on Instagram and endorsements from influencers and celebrities made me take a chance on them. NOOO. Listen ladies I’ve been buying hair extensions for 8 years and never have I ever seen extensions this poor quality for the price. Definitely was not 160 grams like they stated on the website! The extensions I buy from sally beauty supply felt thicker and they are supposedly 90 grams. My 3 year old hair extensions looked better than these! The extensions were all different lengths and had so many straggly hairs..it had the worst shine to it!! Looked so fake!! You guys I wore these extensions for 1 hour to go to breakfast with my man and I hated them so much I took them out when we got back...they were tangled so freakin badly. I didn’t come across these reviews until after I ordered and tried to take a chance on them. LISTEN LADIES you won’t get the lucky order with the good extensions, this company is lying about their products! Cancel your order, save your money. And at this point, I suggest only buying extensions in store! Where you can inspect the quality yourself.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Not good at all. This hair felt great before the first time I washed it, after that is all went downhill. They get extremely dry, stiff, difficult to style, stringy, and dull. I used high quality, salon products. Specifically a sulfate free shampoo and a deep conditioning treatment. I used leave in conditioner, and they still felt awful. I am not happy at all with these. They don’t look horrible, but if you touch them they feel horrible. They don’t even feel like real hair to be honest.. I think after the first wash, it washes a coating off the hair. Once the coating washes off, they are damaged feeling no matter what you do. I babied these, and they turned to crap in under 2 weeks. I heat styled them only once, and used heat protectant. So disappointed with the money I spent on these.. don’t believe youtubers and girls you see on instagram who use these. If you buy these you are throwing money down the drain, take my word for it. I think they must be mixed (to some extent), with artificial hair. When I heat styled them, they smelled so weird.. and it was not because of the heat protectant I use. It was definitely the hair. Something about the hair just feels artificial. Save your money, I’ve heard the customer service is horrible too. Bellami is a joke.