Bellami Hair Extensions

1.9

I purchased the Bellami Bell Air hair in beach blonde. It arrived quickly and the packaging is pretty so I was very excited to try it out. Now, I haven’t had extensions in my hair for oh... probably ten years so my expectations were pretty high considering that by now with their popularity it seems like the quality should be much better than it was back in the early 2000’s when I wore extensions all of the time. Back then it was hard to find anything besides Yaki for the $$$. I did at one point splurge and buy some real hair wefts for an event and while it was softer and more real than the old yaki it was still fairly coarse.

Anyway, expecting to find some nice hair considering all of the YouTube reviews I opened the box. It was nice & came with a styling wand, brush, comb and clips. Cool, cool. They weren’t as nice as some of my personal tools but nice they were included for the price. Then I pulled out the tester weft. It felt nice (a LOT like the high quality yaki I used to buy....) but like it had a plastic coating on it or maybe it was silicone. The strands were very thick themselves too. Which isn’t a big deal considering it’s to give you big hair right?? So I decided to try straightening the tester weft to match my super straight hair. It immediately looked super fried and frazzled!! I was like, oh crap! I may have just spent $300 on blended hair.... there was definitely some synthetic or something mixed in and the smell was god awful. Like, formaldehyde. I went back to YouTube to see if anyone had had issues with the hair being frizzy. Nope, nada. Everyone’s hair looked fine straight or curled. So I figured I must have screwed up and maybe it should really be washed and dried since it seemed like it had a coating or something on it. Anyway, with that I decided I’d go ahead and open the main package and see how it blended with my baby fine hair. My thought being well, if I can at least wear it for going out that’ll be ok. Nope. The halo extensions were just as bad if not worse. I curled my natural hair and installed the halo. Even on the smallest loops it was still too big. Then I started to notice that at the ends of the wefts it was bunching up and sticking out of my hair.... so I tried to pin everything down with bobby pins. Which wasn’t really working. I tried moving the clips, no dice. But I The meantime the weft was starting to tangle really badly! And it wasn’t tangling with my hair, just back on itself! I wasn’t even really moving around so I can only imagine what would happen if you were out doing something!!! It also wouldn’t stay put so I had to pin part of it up with my hair so I could at least make it home without looking completely ratchet. Argh!! All I’d done is pick up my kids from school, come home, work on the computer then go to the store to pick up our groceries (which is scheduled a pick up for!!) so I wasn’t even really walking around or anything!!!

That night I emailed Bellami. I didn’t hear back. So I opened a dispute with PayPal. They finally emailed me back offering to inspect the mess. I said no effing way. This hair is garbage and I’d gladly pay the same or more for nice hair! They sent the same form letter and I haven’t replied because they don’t give two craps about my satisfaction. I run an online business where I sell hand made art. If someone came to me and wasn’t happy or satisfied with what they purchased I’m always willing to find a solution. Even if that means just refunding them the money. I can’t imagine telling them to send it back for me to inspect!! People know when they aren’t happy with something and I feel like Bellami just wants to buffalo people into buying their crap quality hair. Needless to say I WILL be getting my money back and I bought some REAL hair online that is soft and lovely and blends with my hair perfectly for well over $100 less than the Bellami Hair.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I’ve gotten the bellissima set, magnifica set, and boogatti set before, all of these were thick af, my all time favorite were the boogatti, once I got those they’re literally the only extensions I ever wanna get but the reason I haven’t is because they’re really expensive, I recommend getting them on Black Friday or whenever bellami has a big sale, they are a lil heavy but I love how thick those are, I also like mixing them with other extensions I’ve had. Honestly it’s crazy to me when I see bellami boogatti set having bad reviews cause when I first bought them I was blonde, then I ended up dying my hair brown and I died the extensions, then I went back to blonde & finally I went black and the extensions were still in good condition ! I was shocked at that. They lasted me 2 & a half years. But these are definitely my favorite extensions I have ever gotten and never found anything better than them.

BELLAMI BOO-GATTI 340G

So unfortunately disappointing!

First of all, I will point out that the thickness of the hair is good, so if you're just bothered and having thick extensions then I would recommend them, only for this reason.

I bought these extensions then ended up having to pay a £70 tax charge (not bellamis fault) so by this point I had paid £315 altogether for these extensions.

They were all great then as soon as I put them in, they were tangling like crazy! I have never ever experienced hair extensions that tangle so badly!! (I literally can't wear them for this reason, they almost look synthetic, they tangle that bad)

They then started shreading badly. Everytime I wear these extensions, there is always loads of strands of hair that just fall out!

And finally, the clips are so poor. I read a review that stated the hair extensions were horrific, tangled, shreaded etc, but the clips were the only good thing. However, mine were awful,they all started to come away from the weft and some fully came off (I have had to attempt to sew tighter my myself)

Overall I have had a poor experience with these extensions and I would not order again. Wish I had researched these hair extensions properly, prior to purchasing.

My review is kind of mixed. I initially tried Bellami’s sew in weft (20” dirty blonde) and am pretty impressed with them. I’ve been wearing them for almost 8 months now and the only reason I need new hair is because they are starting to shed and won’t revive with a deep conditioning as well as they did a few months ago. I decided to try the clip ins finally and purchased the Khaleesi set in Dirty Blonde. These were a VERY stark contrast to the permanent sew in wefts that I purchased and grew to love. The clip ins tangled FAST and the first time I washed them they basically needed to be thrown away. I’ve had Sally Beauty Supply hair behave better than this stuff. The color wasn’t the same as the sew in wefts and was much lighter, more like a 613 than an 18. And there was the tell tale dark strands mixed in that screams this is cheap hair. I tried to dye the bottom weft a bit darker to match my natural hair and the hair basically is disintegrating now. What pisses me off the most besides the wasted money (I could have spent the extra $200 and got the permanent wefts again - just bought a home so I was trying to save money) is the fact that I tried to post a review on their site and it was never posted to the site. They filter the reviews and only post the positive reviews. That’s effing SHADY guys! Beware any site that doesn’t have any negative reviews!! The box, hanger and little bag was cool but I’m not happy with paying $279 for what I got. The cost to value ratio is ludicrous. I WILL buy their permanent weft extensions again because I’m a model and have to have them for work and they are the best I’ve found and act the most like real hair that I’ve ever seen. My only complaint about the permanent wefts is that they do NOT hold a curl. I have yet to try to dye them. So yeah, Bellami - your clip ins SUCK but your permanent sew in wefts are AH-MAZING!

I've bought the 260g and 280g once, and the 340g twice.
The only reasons I've bought the extensions are because of the thickness and color of the brown ones.
I dye my hair a lot and therefore have bought the extensions in the colors dark brown, chocolate brown and ash blonde (twice) over the past four years.
Like I said, the only reason why I've bought them is because of the thickness. I have really thick hair, and these extensions blend perfectly with my hair. But they tangle so fast. At the end of the day, even if I brushed through them multiple times, it would just be a huge bundle in the back of my head. It's also definitely not 100% remy, as I would always find a lot of black strings in my hair. People even commented on it, especially after I dyed it back to my natural blonde color and used the ash blonde extensions.
The "ash blonde" hair color is also incredibly yellow. I always had to tone it. It tones nicely with the purple shampoo from Fudge, but that also means that you have to buy a shampoo in addition to your extensions, which at that price, I think should be ash blonde like they claim, not yellow blonde.
The color of the dark brown and chocolate brown extensions though were incredibly beautiful.
I rarely styled the extensions, washed them as rarely as possible (every other month or so), always used high end shampoos, deep conditioners and conditioners, always brushed through the extensions before and after use and used the hanger than comes with it to hang them up so they wouldn't bundle up or anything like that when I wasn't using them.

Just got the Magnficia 24" #2 and I am SO DISAPPOINTED. I've been wanting these for years and so I finally just made my bank account cry. before I even saw them I knew it was gonna be crap. My Manila envelope with 300$ hair inside had a foot print on it. Then I saw the hair and it's just horrible. All diff lengths and frizz after 2 sec and they are super ratty. Super THIN. Anyone standing up for these has obviously no idea what their doing and have no business effing with extensions. I'll stick w My Sally euronext. Rant over. Just pissed I wasted my time and money hoping to save one of you girls the trouble!!!!!

These extensions smelled when heated , and in general ... they also only lasted me 2.5months . Waste of money matted up bad ! Felt not silky at all

These extensions are good and bad. They’re amazing if you get the correct color, know how to blend them, and know how to style them. However, they are NOT 100% human hair. Do not bleach them or color them. I went to a salon to get my hair done, my extensions as well. Everything seemed fine; the color was fading and it wasn’t taking too long, BUT when my hair was done and I was just waiting for the extensions turns out that the hair was falling off with the slightest touch. Because, it’s not 100% human hair. Don’t waste $200 like me just for them to end up getting thrown away, in a trash can, at a salon only after a year of having them!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would be very hard pressed to believe this is 100% human hair. Not only does it not color like human hair or hi light like human hair , but it has doll hair texture. Then once you wash it it tangles like doll hair snaps off like doll hair The worst I've owned. I used a medium brown hair color that I always use to create darker towards the clips and it is like medium ash blonde after leaving it on an hour so it colors like doll hair. (it won't get dark, so weird) Then the tangled mess after doing this, and none of my hair products were working on smoothing it so I decided to look up how to smooth doll hair and guess what IT WORKED. Therefore I must conclude it's plastic doll hair. I've never had out of the 7 extension sets I've had, any this bad and react this way to coloring. TOTAL RIP Also I noticed on the website they won't post these reviews so CUDOS for you MakeupAlley!

Not impressed with the quality of this hair for the money spent, especially with the number of YouTube and Instagram reviewers raving about them :(