TATCHA Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
TATCHA Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder
Polished Classic Rice Enzyme PowderPolished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder

3.7

Oryza Sativa (rice) Powder, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Potassium Myristate, Cellulose, Water, Papain (papaya Extract), Camellia Sinensis (green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin (pearl) Protein, Oryza Sativa (rice) Bran, Algae Extract, Glycerin, Dextrin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

on 9/12/2018 12:13:00 PM

I just started using this powder and I have not seen any changes yet since it's only been a week. However, I can say so far I do like it and it has not broken me out.

That being said, a lot of the reviews say this is a physical exfoliator but you have to keep in mind that this is also a chemical exfoliator. I really enjoy that it's not abrasive (and I use the deep kind), I think this is the kind of product that you will see change in your skin over time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I adore the little shaker that this rice enzyme powder is packaged in. I've bought two of the minis from Sephora. I use this after I was my face, and use about half of the recommended amount on damp skin. I find this to be very gentle, and it doesn't irritate my rosacea at all. I use it about twice a week. I still use an enzyme mask every other week for deeper exfoliation. I do feel it is pricey for the small amount you get. Until I find something I like better, I will keep using this.

on 12/6/2017 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think this could be comparable to the amore pacific enzyme powder which is about $65 for 4-5oz of product. I don't know which is cheaper but they both give me similar results. I like them both. I have dry sensitive skin and it doesnt dry it out. I wouldn't use it twice a day though. I'm also glad it comes in a travel size which is more my speed. It takes me forever to use something up. Great job Tatcha! This is lovely!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This rice powder enzyme skin cleanser seems to be a combo of powdered wash with an exfoliator.

It contains rice bran, a known skin improver: the rice bran is a gentle scrub, the oil in rice bran is compatible with skin. The papaya extract is an enzyme that breaks down proteins so removes a very slight layer of top epidermis dead skin cells by breaking down keratin or at least loosening the scales for washing away.

The container is not only elegant, it keeps the product dry. A double layer glass jar has an inner lid with a sliding opener that allows you to dispense a small amount. You don't need much. Wet hands, pour on, bring up into a slurry and rub for a minute or two on a wet face after cleansing. Oil cleansing works well for this.

Would I rebuy? Yes. I already did. It makes my over 60 skin look really radiant.

(Papaya Extract), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin (Pearl) Protein, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Algae Extract, Glycerin, Dextrin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol.

on 8/17/2016 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This smells nice, and foams up well. I like the way my skin feels after using it, and for awhile I used it every day. Then I noticed I was starting to get these tiny zits on my forehead and cheeks, where I don't normally break out. I wasn't sure it was related to this, but I stopped using it and my skin went back to normal. Over these last few months, I've used it maybe three or four times, since I had so much product left. But lo and behold, every time I used it new breakouts would appear by the next day. I have now finally convinced myself this product is the culprit, which is quite disappointing because it was so pricey and had such good reviews.

on 6/2/2016 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I received a generous travel size (retails $15) of this when I ordered the Luminous Dewy Skin Mist and Camilla Oil. I was not impressed. At all.

I'm not even gonna get into my usual long winded style of reviewing here - this is just a gimmicky cleanser much like DHC's powder cleanser but at a higher price. Actually I like the DHC version much more than this when it comes to effectiveness; Tatcha's version didn't do much and my face didn't feel clean or exfoliated. To be even more specific, one morning I tried the sample of Tatcha's Indigo face cream and couldn't stand how greasy it was so I used this to wash it off - NOPE! The rice powder cleanser didn't even remove that. I feel like with this stuff you are paying for packaging and not quality product.

A full size of this is $65.00 and it is so not worth it. In fact, you could just buy a jar of Pearl Powder for like $40 bux and a bag of Bob's red mill rice powder for $3 bux, make your own concoction and I am pretty sure you would end up with a much more efficient cleanser. Meh, this is just another over-hyped waste of money.

on 1/14/2015 2:45:00 PM

I am a confirmed must-keep-skin-always-squeaky-clean fiend. To the point that I tend to over-cleanse/scrub. I have mature but still oily/acne-prone skin that can get very dry and irritated if I over exfoliate.

This exfoliant (for want of a better name) deserves the all the love. I got a sample of it and it is the best of its kind. In fact, I liked it so much I got a full size jar, though I don't usually spend so much money on skincare.

Per the Sephora blurb:

This creamy, water-activated exfoliant polishes skin daily to a jewel-like luster. Nourishing Japanese rice bran blends with papaya extracts to address fine lines, uneven skintone, hyperpigmentation, and breakouts. Crushed pearl conditions and balances skin while natural exfoliants gently buff away dullness and dead skin cellsóleaving skin perfectly prepared for your favorite serum or moisturizer with more effective results.

It does not leave my skin dry and taut. I had two small bumps and they went away after three uses. Even though it's so gentle I don't use this every day. I find that's a bit of a waste. I use it twice a week and it works just fine. Comes in an elegant jar, which you DO NOT keep in the shower for obvious reasons. No scent. Just perfect.

If price is not an issue, do try this powder. It is truly the best quality. I highly recommend it.

Scrubs and exfoliants can be too harsh for skin and make micro- (or some not even so micro) tears...but the Tatch Rice Enzyme Powder is so extremely gentle and my face feels noticeably smoother and softer immediately afterwards.

I've tried the Classic, Deep, and Gentle and even the Deep is very gentle on the skin.

I was sold on this product from the sample and consider this a must product.

Tatcha packaging is always so beautiful but I like the way that the powder is dispensed through an opening with a sliding cover...it makes it easy to get the amount you need without contaminating the rest of the package.

And it also doesn't take much to get results...I've used a sample packet 2 or 3 times before running out of the powder.

on 8/29/2013 1:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ordered the set from QVC and love the oil cleanser. This is a strange product to review for me. The grains foam up fairly quickly so there's not a ton of "scrubbing" to be had. I let it sit for a couple of minutes every morning and make the bed or something and then rinse it off. My skin does seem softer and my pores are somewhat smaller. It's not a miracle worker as some claim or maybe I just need the deep to notice more results. I am suffering from a couple product related tiny little pimples and am trying to isolate the cause and suspect it's this. However, I'll finish and will probably try the deep next. Overall, impressed with this innovative brand and am looking forward to trying the night cream next. Watch out wallet!