Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.2

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

on 9/11/2018 9:36:00 AM

It was a bit of a journey for me with this one. The first time I tried it it dried my skin and oxidized my mineral powder foundation and turned my face orange. So if you use heavy-ish foundation that will probably be an issue with this moisturizer.

I am very very acne prone and surprisingly I had no problems with this silicone-full formula, which encouraged me to look for ways to use the product. The ultimate solution was to use an Asian-style toner/lotion like Hada Labo first (plus a doze of mist) and seal it with this moisturizer. This left my skin both hydrated and protected throughout the day. I don't use foundation any more, just some concealer and light powder on top and this way makeup oxidization in not an issue any more. The ultimate test will be how this product fares in cold windy winter.
PS. I use this moisturizer and the Hada Labo lotion around my eyes as well instead of a separate eye cream and the results are amazing: concealer doesn't crease as much and my milia was also reduced.

on 8/12/2018 6:25:00 PM

This was a light formula & the color worked well for my fair skin, but unfortunately this caused me large white head pimples on my cheek. I did not experience any other irritation. I am thankful I only bought samples!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I keep finding myself coming back to this moisturiser. It's soothing, even for my sensitive skin, blends in naturally and has a great SPF.

My only complaint is that it really is light, and I usually need to apply a moisturiser underneath.

on 1/5/2018 7:44:00 AM

I love this sunscreen/moisturiser combo! I have combination skin which runs combination/oily in the summer, and this is the first sunscreen which doesn't leave my skin with either a grey/white cast or feeling super greasy. It is as light as it says, does dry matte (doesn't make my skin look dull, just natural) and stays on all day - I've never burnt in this (note: I have medium skin and am not prone "lobstering" in the sun). The only slight drawback is the price - it's not cheap but it works well so I pay the money through slightly gritted teeth.

on 12/15/2017 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have been using this for about a year or so. Great product. It’s hard to find mineral sunscreen that’s not completely white and this one has a slight tint to it. Still makes my skin a bit white but not too crazy once I blend it. I have medium dark skin tone (nc42-44). Overall I love this moisturizer/sunscreen. Never broke me out. I use it after I apply my paula choice light serum in the daytime.

on 7/30/2017 8:07:00 AM

I bought this product because I couldn't buy my usual daily moisturiser as all stockists had run out of stock. I gave this a good chance, and used it for about a month before I got fed up with the following issues:

1. The product separates quickly - every time I squeezed some out of the tube, the oily liquid would come out first
2. It doesn't moisturise at all, yet it felt rather oily when applying. I have combination skin and need moisture on my cheeks. My cheeks were so dry that they felt itchy. It was summer when I used this
3. It is cakey for a tinted moisturiser. I use Benefit Pore-fessional for my primer and this did not work well with my primer
4. It wasn't mattifying. I much prefer my usual moisturiser (Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15+)

I threw out the tube in the end. Shame, because it got such good reviews and was so affordable.

on 6/12/2017 12:27:00 AM

Triple bad...The universal tint is not flattering. Rather a dull beige. Use if you want to look like you are recovering from the flu. Super drying. Even when I apply over squalane, my skin feels tight and dry. The longer I wear the sunscreen the more mask-like it feels. Red bumps. After a few days of consistent wear, I now have red bumps on my cheeks. Not acne. Some kind of rash.

Costly product -- extra costly considering I paid $CND and shipping -- so, I'll use it up on my hands.

on 5/16/2017 9:51:00 AM

This product works well on my sensitive skin. Doesn't break me out, and leaves a very matte, dry finish. Not oily at all. If you have dry skin this probably wouldn't work for you. But for oily skin this is great!

on 5/11/2017 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Overpriced and too light a tint for my NC 30-35 skintone. I have combination skin, tending towards dry, but this is also a bit too moisturizing and rich (however, most reviews find it too mattifying and drying and recommend it for oily skin). I don't think it broke me out and I used it extensively last summer. But, I don't think I will repurchase. If I wanted a tint, Roche posay tinted sunscreen is more flattering, easier to blend etc and my skin is more comfortable with it. I found the review of Shizuku2 below very helpful.

on 3/12/2017 3:45:00 PM

This is not a sunscreen you would wear under foundation. It's best on its own. Unless you're very oily, you probably won't even need powder over top. It dries to a matte finish and does a great job of evening out your skin, just like a foundation would. I think someone with oily skin would like this. I have normal to oily skin (oily t-zone), and I found this too mattifying for me. I prefer the Paula's Choice Hydralight SPF30 mineral sunscreen. It's beautiful under foundation. I've gone through six tubes so far, and I will continue to buy it. I haven't found anything I like better!