Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.2

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

on 8/12/2018 6:25:00 PM

This was a light formula & the color worked well for my fair skin, but unfortunately this caused me large white head pimples on my cheek. I did not experience any other irritation. I am thankful I only bought samples!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I keep finding myself coming back to this moisturiser. It's soothing, even for my sensitive skin, blends in naturally and has a great SPF.

My only complaint is that it really is light, and I usually need to apply a moisturiser underneath.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The best!

on 5/7/2018 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My HG moisturiser with SPF! I have sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin. This is the only SPF that doesn't break me out or adds to my oiliness during the day because of its super light formula. The package is a simple squeeze tube, nice to travel with but nothing fancy. The only downside is that you can't see how much is left. I really don't want to go without, so I always have a backup. It has a very sheer tint (beige) to it, so you have to shake it before use. I think so the pigment is distributed well through the formula. I am a NW15-20 in Mac and it suits my skin tone perfectly, I honestly don't even see it on my face. However, if you are much lighter or darker, it might leave a dark or white cast. The smell is okay, kind of nutty, but it disappears upon application. I choose this because it is a physical sunscreen, whithout any nasty filters like oxybenzone. Makeup applies nicely on top, no pilling or slipping. It doesn't feel heavy or sticky, but I do always set my face after makeup with a powder.
I have never been burned when wearing this, but I prevent getting my face for a prolonged time in the sun anyway. It is kind of pricey, but good SPF is the cornerstone of any skincare regiment so I don't mind paying a bit extra. Will continually rebuy for I have not find a better (or similar!) replacement and don't expect to find it anytime soon. SPF30 without 'bad' filters, alchohol or other irritating ingredients is rare, so I stick with my favorite! (My only wish is that they make a SPF50 version...)

on 4/21/2018 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Unfortunately too visible on my NC/NW 15 skin. I have hormonal adult acne and melasma, so I need high daily spf that won't increase my acne...

A "shake-well" formula, a thin fluid that is quite easy to spread. The consistency is fine, but my problem is that it feel like it sits on the top of the skin.... I guess all mineral sunscreens do that, but you don't always "feel" them. When i touch the face i can feel it's there...

It also gives that typical mineral look after a while - just as mineral makeup can do especially on scarred and blemished skin - a floating tinted residue....

It contains a lot of silicones- on a normal/mixed skin I think this could work perfectly as a primer under makeup. My skin usually breaks out by silicones so I didn't care to use the whole tube up.

Summary; really good formula for maybe mixed skin darker than NW/nc 15 and that does not have active acne.

on 1/5/2018 7:44:00 AM

I love this sunscreen/moisturiser combo! I have combination skin which runs combination/oily in the summer, and this is the first sunscreen which doesn't leave my skin with either a grey/white cast or feeling super greasy. It is as light as it says, does dry matte (doesn't make my skin look dull, just natural) and stays on all day - I've never burnt in this (note: I have medium skin and am not prone "lobstering" in the sun). The only slight drawback is the price - it's not cheap but it works well so I pay the money through slightly gritted teeth.

on 12/15/2017 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have been using this for about a year or so. Great product. It’s hard to find mineral sunscreen that’s not completely white and this one has a slight tint to it. Still makes my skin a bit white but not too crazy once I blend it. I have medium dark skin tone (nc42-44). Overall I love this moisturizer/sunscreen. Never broke me out. I use it after I apply my paula choice light serum in the daytime.

on 7/30/2017 8:07:00 AM

I bought this product because I couldn't buy my usual daily moisturiser as all stockists had run out of stock. I gave this a good chance, and used it for about a month before I got fed up with the following issues:

1. The product separates quickly - every time I squeezed some out of the tube, the oily liquid would come out first
2. It doesn't moisturise at all, yet it felt rather oily when applying. I have combination skin and need moisture on my cheeks. My cheeks were so dry that they felt itchy. It was summer when I used this
3. It is cakey for a tinted moisturiser. I use Benefit Pore-fessional for my primer and this did not work well with my primer
4. It wasn't mattifying. I much prefer my usual moisturiser (Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15+)

I threw out the tube in the end. Shame, because it got such good reviews and was so affordable.

on 6/12/2017 12:27:00 AM

Triple bad...The universal tint is not flattering. Rather a dull beige. Use if you want to look like you are recovering from the flu. Super drying. Even when I apply over squalane, my skin feels tight and dry. The longer I wear the sunscreen the more mask-like it feels. Red bumps. After a few days of consistent wear, I now have red bumps on my cheeks. Not acne. Some kind of rash.

Costly product -- extra costly considering I paid $CND and shipping -- so, I'll use it up on my hands.

on 5/16/2017 9:51:00 AM

This product works well on my sensitive skin. Doesn't break me out, and leaves a very matte, dry finish. Not oily at all. If you have dry skin this probably wouldn't work for you. But for oily skin this is great!