Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.3

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

on 11/23/2016 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

After trying out 100s (feels this much!) of facial sunscreens, this one is my absolute favorite! It's about time! I am sent samples all the time because I have my esthetics license. I've tried everything from Oil of Olay to Clinique, from Skinceuticals to SkinMedica, and Andalou Naturals to Jane Iredale, and even a few Japanese sunscreens I ordered straight from Japan (on Amazon).....just to give an idea of the many diverse brands I've tried. I'm 47 years old, and my skin is (still) extremely oily (thanks menopause!), clog and acne prone, sensitive, can easily flake, and it's very pale. I love how light this feels on my skin, and how it's tinted, which helps prevent white casting. The tint is enough to even out my pale skin tone (blends in beautifully), and I add a bit of powder and gloss for a very casual daytime 'my skin but better' look. It wears beautifully under powdered mineral makeup or when I use a foundation stick. While it doesn't control oil, it certainly does not add any or feel at all greasy and heavy on my skin. I should have written this review a couple of years ago, but I still wanted to see what was out there. Physical sunscreen protection is one of the best products to care for your skin to maintain it's youth and prevent photo damage. Sunscreen also protects your investments in skin products and treatments. When I'm asked what is the one product I need to prevent wrinkles and hyperpigmentation, my answer is always sunscreen. This is a full spectrum UVA/UVB, physical sunscreen. EWG rates this as an overall 1.
You can order samples for a very small fee...I suggest ordering a few to try it out for at least a few days...which is how I prefer to try out new products for myself as well as for my clients.

This is the best SPF I have ever used. I love it. I will never be without it. Even better than my standard go-to SPF Clinique City Block. Leaves a nice matte finish, Absorbs quickly, doesn't burn or irritate eyes, and doesn't turn my oily skin into a mess. Most importantly, it feels comfortable on the skin. I love the slight tint, and it blends perfectly to match my medium-light skin tone. Works as a nice primer for mineral foundation. I love it!
For $10 OFF your first purchase follow the link https://goo.gl/NnSUXT Discount applied at checkout.

To Read all 137 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Merp. Not a "universal tint" (what kind of wording is that anyways? low key racist...). I consider my skin to be essentially neutral undertoned (with very very slight yellow tint) and medium in color (as in, medium on the global scale of skin color, not medium for Caucasian skin). That puts me at about a less yellow NC40-42. This sunscreen is wayyyy too pink and pale if you're as dark or darker than myself. And because you really should use 1/4 tsp to get the full protection, it looks absurd. Not as bad as a pure white cast, but still kind of odd and dull. I also have oily skin and this does NOT sit well through the day. It ends up looking kind of pasty by the end of the day and my skin looks greasier than if I use something like Trader Joe's Enrich SPF 15. It's pretty nonirritating, however, so if you're somewhere around NC20-30, you could probably get away with this and it's nice to use only physical sunscreen filters. Wish they offered this in various color ranges. I do appreciate how this doesn't have a totally orange undertone.

on 11/18/2016 3:20:00 PM

Finally a sunscreen that doesn't break me out! For years, I've been looking for a good moisturizer with proper spf, but all the moisturizers with SPF or face sunscreens have broken me out or been too oily. I have combination skin that can get really oily from the T-zone with wrong moisturizer. However, this moisturizer actually mattifies my face and slightly tightens pores on my cheeks. The product is a very thin lotion that absorbs fast.

The moisturizer is tinted so it doesn't leave any whitecast. The colour works pretty well with my skintone (NC15, EL 1N1), but the pink undertones clash slightly with my neutral skin. Therefore, I use the product only under makeup.

The scent of the moisturizer is the only drawback. The product is supposed to be fragrance free, but it has a chemical smell. It's pretty strong and seems to attract insects in the summer, which is annoying. However, the scent hasn't given me any irritation. I have repurchased the product since it keeps my skin in good condition.

This is easily the best face sunscreen I have ever used. Even though it has a high percentage of zinc oxide in it, it does not leave any white cast. It is not greasy, in fact in leaves a matte finish on the face. The tint is subtle and flattering on my pale skin, and I can often go without foundation because of it (something I have never had the confidence to do before). On top of all of that, it also has some fantastic antioxidants in it. Other than it being a little pricey, I couldn't find fault with this sunscreen at all. If you live in Australia and are a first time customer, you can use this code to get a $15 discount:

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is a tinted spf mattifying moisturizer. The tint looks too dark for me as I am quite fair but it blends out and I can't even tell it's on.
The sunscreen has been good, no sensitivity. It doesn't make me itch. It does not have a white cast. It does not smell like sunscreen. I am very breakout prone and I've never broken out from this. The cream is a medium thickness and smooths on beautifully and works under makeup.
It does help me control oil. I'm more of a combo but if I don't wear anything mattifying on my face, I can't handel how oily my face is at the end of the day. But I've never been a blotter so I'm not THAT oily. I have gone through 2 tubes (one tube lasts me close to a year of daily use) of the this and am quite pleased with it. I feel the price point is fair, especially if you wait for 20% off which happens frequently. I kind of want to try something different the next time I run out, but I always come back to this because finding a mattifying spf moisturizer is tough. Also, I do not use primers under makeup. Just this. Primers usually make me oily or do nothing for me. My makeup lays just fine over this. Lately I've had issues with flaky dry patches which I think is from some lactic exfoliation I've been using and my foundation hasn't worn very well. So I definitely wouldn't recommend this moisturizer if you have dry patches.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

HG. Oily acne prone this never breaks me out. Im on my 3rd bottle.

on 9/12/2016 8:05:00 AM

I am about to finish my first tube of PC Resist super light sunscreen. Initially I used it during winter and it was too drying and mattifying on my combo skin without any moisturizer underneath. I tried it in summer at a tropical country and I would say I've found the best physical sunscreen that won't sensitize my eye and nose area nor does it melt/sweat off your skin. I get a bit of a glow in the tropics around the afternoon but why not show of that glowing skin? The tint is a bit too pink for my NC20 skin but the color disappears after a while. This sunscreen smooths over my pores and make them look smaller. It has little to no coverage. The only down side is that after applying this sunscreen, when I use MUFE waterproof concealer on my blemishes, it doesn't apply well. The product moves around a bit during application. But when you leave it for a second, it becomes dry and it sets. This sunscreen is my everyday tinted moisturizer with SPF. I'm trying to mix it in with my other physical sunscreen and some foundation to set off the tint and its been working. Try out different combinations if it doesn't work for you but you want to give it a try. I only wish they make it in different tints. PC always has sales going on, so if you wait a bit, you can get it cheaper. Cheers!

PROS
- Controls oil
- Doesn't sweat off
- Smooths over pores
- Contains ingredients that are good for skin
- SPF 30 for daily use even in the tropics

CONS
- Pinkish tone
- Price

TIPS
- This formula is better suited for combo to oily skin. If you find it drying, use some moisturizer underneath or mix it in with your other moisturizing sunscreen.
- To off set the pinky shade, mix with foundation like CoverFX custom cover drops or your current foundation.
- Wait for sale events to get some discount

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent).

Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane (hydration), PEG-12 Dimethicone (texture enhancer), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (texture enhancer), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent),Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Trihydroxystearin (texture-enhancing), Dimethicone Crosspolymer ( suspending agent), Resveratrol (antioxidants), Quercetin (antioxidants), Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (skin-restoring), Bisabolol (skin-soothing), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (skin-soothing), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haematococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (texture-enhancing/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (texture-enhancing), Hydrated Silica (texture-enhancing/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (texture enhancer), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient texture enhancer), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol (preservatives), Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Ethylhexylglycerin (preservatives), Iron Oxide (CI77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

on 9/10/2016 6:20:00 AM

Hopefully I had a sample before purchasing it. It's too matifiying for me. I could see little lines on my face that I won't see with any other moisturizer (and don't forget this tends to be a moisturizer, and not a bb cream!) and my face felt a little bit dry. Also, my eyelids got really sticky when I closed my eyes...

This product is a good choice if you are avoiding chemicals uv filters (and also if you avoid that white cast of mineral sunscreens). But it didn't work for me... I wish I like it because it has really good ingredients.

If you have oily skin, you may like it!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Best Daytime Eyelid Cream for extremely oily lids.

Some background on my eyelids. They get super oily/sebumy. You know what breaks down water proof makeup? Oil. So, waterproof formulas only work for me when I'm sweating, and my eyelids natural oil production breaks down such formulas. Eyelid primers such as Milani or UDPP don't work for me. Too Faced works a little better. Nyx waterproof is my favorite drugstore and Nars Smudgeproof is my HG.
I like using a lot of SPF during the day, layering SPF makeup over my regular SPF.

Around my eyes, I prefer mineral/physical titanium dioxide or zinc oxide because it doesn't sting. *Fun fact: zinc oxide offers a wee bit better UVA protection*.

Most formulas are too moist on my eyelid and make my eye makeup slick off. Even on non-makeup days, I feel any SPF is slicking off and not offering any protection.

This however, keeps my eyelid and lower lashline matte and protected with no stinging at all.

By itself, this works extremely well as an eyelid primer but I use Benefit Air Patrol just to have a base especially for use on eyelids. Thanks to this, I no longer have to use Air Patrol too close to my lashline, where it tends to sting a bit. By itself, its smooth and keeps eyeshadow lasting but doesn't quite help eyeshadow "popping" or looking improved on me.

The tint isn't too noticeable on my ochre NC30 skintone, especially when I cover up with makeup, though it is a more neutral-toned than my skin.

On non-makeup days, this works really well and feels like it's not going anywhere. On active days, it layers really well on top of itself without feeling heavy.

If you have smaller, extremely oily and sensitive areas, I really recommend this as a daytime cream. If you have really oily and sensitive skin all over your face, I think there are cheaper options out there like from Neutrogena Healthy Defense SPF 50 or Coppertone Oil-Free SPF 30. Since I use this as a daytime eye cream, a little goes a long way.

Either way, the ingredient list is beautiful and the price is pretty justifiable, especially when there are sales or coupon codes. If you have issues with SPF and oil production, I'd give this a go.