Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

This is the best SPF I have ever used. I love it. I will never be without it. Even better than my standard go-to SPF Clinique City Block. Leaves a nice matte finish, Absorbs quickly, doesn't burn or irritate eyes, and doesn't turn my oily skin into a mess. Most importantly, it feels comfortable on the skin. I love the slight tint, and it blends perfectly to match my medium-light skin tone. Works as a nice primer for mineral foundation. I love it!
For $10 OFF your first purchase follow the link Discount applied at checkout.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

HG. Oily acne prone this never breaks me out. Im on my 3rd bottle.

To Read all 133 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

-can be used as a tinted moisturizer for sheer coverage
-Dries to a matte finish (perfect for oily skin)

-the tint isn’t for everyone. Easily matches fair skin to medium skin tones.
-only last 2 months with daily use
-sufficient protection for casual daily use. Not strong enough for intensely sunny days.
-Overpriced. If you're hesitant about the price, feel free to use my referral link for $10 off. + coupon code IPSY2016 for 20% off entire site. Expires Oct 31, 2016.

on 9/12/2016 8:05:00 AM

I am about to finish my first tube of PC Resist super light sunscreen. Initially I used it during winter and it was too drying and mattifying on my combo skin without any moisturizer underneath. I tried it in summer at a tropical country and I would say I've found the best physical sunscreen that won't sensitize my eye and nose area nor does it melt/sweat off your skin. I get a bit of a glow in the tropics around the afternoon but why not show of that glowing skin? The tint is a bit too pink for my NC20 skin but the color disappears after a while. This sunscreen smooths over my pores and make them look smaller. It has little to no coverage. The only down side is that after applying this sunscreen, when I use MUFE waterproof concealer on my blemishes, it doesn't apply well. The product moves around a bit during application. But when you leave it for a second, it becomes dry and it sets. This sunscreen is my everyday tinted moisturizer with SPF. I'm trying to mix it in with my other physical sunscreen and some foundation to set off the tint and its been working. Try out different combinations if it doesn't work for you but you want to give it a try. I only wish they make it in different tints. PC always has sales going on, so if you wait a bit, you can get it cheaper. Cheers!

- Controls oil
- Doesn't sweat off
- Smooths over pores
- Contains ingredients that are good for skin
- SPF 30 for daily use even in the tropics

- Pinkish tone
- Price

- This formula is better suited for combo to oily skin. If you find it drying, use some moisturizer underneath or mix it in with your other moisturizing sunscreen.
- To off set the pinky shade, mix with foundation like CoverFX custom cover drops or your current foundation.
- Wait for sale events to get some discount

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent).

Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane (hydration), PEG-12 Dimethicone (texture enhancer), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (texture enhancer), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent),Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Trihydroxystearin (texture-enhancing), Dimethicone Crosspolymer ( suspending agent), Resveratrol (antioxidants), Quercetin (antioxidants), Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (skin-restoring), Bisabolol (skin-soothing), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (skin-soothing), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haematococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (texture-enhancing/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (texture-enhancing), Hydrated Silica (texture-enhancing/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (texture enhancer), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient texture enhancer), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol (preservatives), Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Ethylhexylglycerin (preservatives), Iron Oxide (CI77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

on 9/10/2016 6:20:00 AM

Hopefully I had a sample before purchasing it. It's too matifiying for me. I could see little lines on my face that I won't see with any other moisturizer (and don't forget this tends to be a moisturizer, and not a bb cream!) and my face felt a little bit dry. Also, my eyelids got really sticky when I closed my eyes...

This product is a good choice if you are avoiding chemicals uv filters (and also if you avoid that white cast of mineral sunscreens). But it didn't work for me... I wish I like it because it has really good ingredients.

If you have oily skin, you may like it!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Best Daytime Eyelid Cream for extremely oily lids.

Some background on my eyelids. They get super oily/sebumy. You know what breaks down water proof makeup? Oil. So, waterproof formulas only work for me when I'm sweating, and my eyelids natural oil production breaks down such formulas. Eyelid primers such as Milani or UDPP don't work for me. Too Faced works a little better. Nyx waterproof is my favorite drugstore and Nars Smudgeproof is my HG.
I like using a lot of SPF during the day, layering SPF makeup over my regular SPF.

Around my eyes, I prefer mineral/physical titanium dioxide or zinc oxide because it doesn't sting. *Fun fact: zinc oxide offers a wee bit better UVA protection*.

Most formulas are too moist on my eyelid and make my eye makeup slick off. Even on non-makeup days, I feel any SPF is slicking off and not offering any protection.

This however, keeps my eyelid and lower lashline matte and protected with no stinging at all.

By itself, this works extremely well as an eyelid primer but I use Benefit Air Patrol just to have a base especially for use on eyelids. Thanks to this, I no longer have to use Air Patrol too close to my lashline, where it tends to sting a bit. By itself, its smooth and keeps eyeshadow lasting but doesn't quite help eyeshadow "popping" or looking improved on me.

The tint isn't too noticeable on my ochre NC30 skintone, especially when I cover up with makeup, though it is a more neutral-toned than my skin.

On non-makeup days, this works really well and feels like it's not going anywhere. On active days, it layers really well on top of itself without feeling heavy.

If you have smaller, extremely oily and sensitive areas, I really recommend this as a daytime cream. If you have really oily and sensitive skin all over your face, I think there are cheaper options out there like from Neutrogena Healthy Defense SPF 50 or Coppertone Oil-Free SPF 30. Since I use this as a daytime eye cream, a little goes a long way.

Either way, the ingredient list is beautiful and the price is pretty justifiable, especially when there are sales or coupon codes. If you have issues with SPF and oil production, I'd give this a go.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I suppose this is the closest I will get to strongly liking a Paula's Choice product. I've tried a bunch, this was my favorite.

Despite following the 1/4 tsp rule & avoiding the sun; I still wish this was SPF 50 rather than SPF 30. The price is pretty steep too because I pay about half for better protection from Asian brands. HOWEVER with my Rosacea, I began growing paranoid about what chemical UV filters could be doing to my skin. So I decided to search some more options. This P.C sunscreen is strictly zinc oxide (meaning physical UV filters). Zinc Oxide tends to be gentler on sensitive skin.

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense sunscreen is tinted. I am extremely pale leaning neutral. I match with MAC's NC10 at my darkest. This sunscreen is WAY too dark for me. It's about NW15-20. Initially I was either going to throw it away or save it for spray tans. Recently I read about pale girls wearing too-dark tinted sunscreen under their foundation & I was inspired to try this. My favorite foundation is super full coverage. It had no trouble covering this, because the coverage of the tint in the sunscreen is sheer. Perfect. ***If you are wondering why so many companies ruin formulations of physical SS by adding a tint, it's to avoid whitecast***

The antioxidants in this product should help boost the sun protection efficiency. I like that this was moisturizing enough to smooth out flakes & help my foundation glide on. It isn't thick, nor greasy. But what I liked more than that, was it dried to a demi-matte finish. I've always said that a good sunscreen is a good primer.

All in all this is a decent sunscreen. Now that I've worked past the god awful tint issue I'll probably repurchase.

I have tried pretty every moisturizer with spf available at the drugstore, and they all have left my face a greasy, breakout-filled mess. Even my previous favorite Olay complete for sensitive skin no longer seems to keep my skin clear. I recently decided to order Paula's Choice CLEAR line, as well as this moisturizer. The clear line is really doing a great job, and this moisturizer has definitely become a staple in my cabinet. It's a zinc oxide only sunscreen, which my sensitive skin loves, as well as being fragrance free and oil free- perfect for anyone acneprone. It has a great tint to it that I find compliments my skin very nicely and isn't too heavy. The only slightly negative comment I will make is that it tends to accentuate dry spots if you have any, but I can usually prevent or eliminate that issue if I put a little jojoba oil or cetaphil on any dry spots before I apply this. Overall, I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a light good quality moisturizer with spf that won't break you out!!

Here's a link to save $10 off your first order!

on 7/3/2016 7:35:00 PM

I really like this sunscreen! I have oily-combo skin and was looking for a matte-finish, but non drying facial sunscreen. This has a universal tint which works well with my skin, and adds the slightest hint of coverage. My skin is oily enough for me to wear this alone (without moisturizer), and it works well with some concealer on top and a light dusting of powder. It keeps me pretty matte all day and I barely need to touch up.

However, I have tried wearing this by itself with foundation on top, and my skin got uncomfortably dry. If you are a foundation user, make sure to put on lotion underneath. I find that the mattifying effect doesn't work as well with moisturizer under, so play around with it and find what routine works best for you. I've been using it for 2-3 weeks and it hasn't broken me out or irritated my skin.

My only concern with this is the price - it is $32 USD and I live in Canada, so the conversion rates are a little ridiculous. Plus they tack on a $5.00 brokerage fee to each order, so I end up paying around $50+CAD for a bottle of this. I think I would only repurchase if there was a good sale.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

For an SPF product, this gets a holy grail in my book. I have to be very very very careful what I put on my face. This is bonifide safe for your face if you have acne prone skin (at least mine and I try a lot). I can't see myself repurchasing a different SPF anytime soon.