Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.3

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

I have tried pretty every moisturizer with spf available at the drugstore, and they all have left my face a greasy, breakout-filled mess. Even my previous favorite Olay complete for sensitive skin no longer seems to keep my skin clear. I recently decided to order Paula's Choice CLEAR line, as well as this moisturizer. The clear line is really doing a great job, and this moisturizer has definitely become a staple in my cabinet. It's a zinc oxide only sunscreen, which my sensitive skin loves, as well as being fragrance free and oil free- perfect for anyone acneprone. It has a great tint to it that I find compliments my skin very nicely and isn't too heavy. The only slightly negative comment I will make is that it tends to accentuate dry spots if you have any, but I can usually prevent or eliminate that issue if I put a little jojoba oil or cetaphil on any dry spots before I apply this. Overall, I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a light good quality moisturizer with spf that won't break you out!!

Here's a link to save $10 off your first order!

I have been looking for a lightweight mineral sunscreen for my oily, sensitive skin for a long time. Clinique's City Block was the best I could find but always felt a little heavy. This sunscreen is perfect - blends in well, doesn't feel heavy or greasy, and works really well with foundation. I prefer it over the Hydralight mineral sunscreen since this one doesn't leave a while cast on my fair skin. Overall I'm really happy with this sunscreen and I will be repurchasing! For $10 off your first purchase with Paula's Choice follow the link https://goo.gl/NnSUXT Discount applied at checkout.

To Read all 127 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/3/2016 7:35:00 PM

I really like this sunscreen! I have oily-combo skin and was looking for a matte-finish, but non drying facial sunscreen. This has a universal tint which works well with my skin, and adds the slightest hint of coverage. My skin is oily enough for me to wear this alone (without moisturizer), and it works well with some concealer on top and a light dusting of powder. It keeps me pretty matte all day and I barely need to touch up.

However, I have tried wearing this by itself with foundation on top, and my skin got uncomfortably dry. If you are a foundation user, make sure to put on lotion underneath. I find that the mattifying effect doesn't work as well with moisturizer under, so play around with it and find what routine works best for you. I've been using it for 2-3 weeks and it hasn't broken me out or irritated my skin.

My only concern with this is the price - it is $32 USD and I live in Canada, so the conversion rates are a little ridiculous. Plus they tack on a $5.00 brokerage fee to each order, so I end up paying around $50+CAD for a bottle of this. I think I would only repurchase if there was a good sale.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

For an SPF product, this gets a holy grail in my book. I have to be very very very careful what I put on my face. This is bonifide safe for your face if you have acne prone skin (at least mine and I try a lot). I can't see myself repurchasing a different SPF anytime soon.

on 6/24/2016 12:23:00 AM

Oh so madly in love with this! Finally - an all mineral tinted sunscreen that isn't yellow, but truly neutral leaning almost cool. Not all of us are yellow based, and the other tinted sunscreens I've tried - Cotz face natural skintone, Replenix Ultimatte, MD Solar Sciences - are all very yellow, and mostly dry too dark. This one almost seems too light going on, but then seems to adjust to my skin tone as it dries down - and I'm not super pale. I have dry skin, so I wear a moisturizer under this, along with a layer of dedicated sunscreen if I'm spending time outside. My skin feels moist all day without being greasy, and looks flawless with a dab of concealer around nose & mouth. This product has 13% zinc oxide, and loads of antioxidants as well, so I feel like I'm doing my skin a favor just applying this. It lasts all day for me and never seems to break down or separate around my nose, where I can sometimes get oily by the end of the day, especially in warm weather. Yeah, I wish it was less expensive. But Paula's Choice has very frequent sales, and I plan to just buy 2 tubes at a time whenever I can save money on it. As far as breakouts go, you'll have them if you don't remove this thoroughly. I cleanse with oil every single night, to completely remove everything I put on my face, plus any dirt, sweat, and pollutants I've accumulated throughout the day. Sometimes I follow that with a foaming face wash, sometimes not, depending on the weather & if I feel unusually oily. The website states that this product is for combination/oily skin, which kept me from trying it for a long time. I wish it had occurred to me sooner that a bit of moisturizer underneath would solve that problem, because I truly never want to be without this ever again. Oh - and the damn cap! That's my only complaint, that the cap doesn't seem to close tight. Like, no satisfying snap or click when you close it. I do carry it in my bag, and have not had any issues with leaking, but I still wished the cap closed more tightly. Overall the packaging is nothing to write home about - fairly utilitarian looking blue plastic. If that keeps costs down, then I'm all for it. Anyway - fantastic stuff - I love it.

It's my HG sunscreen, I used it almost 5 days a week as sunscreen / tinted moisturizer / foundation, it gives you the second skin look with sheer coverage on the skin, I love it so much that I always stock up extra one to two bottles at home. Love, love love!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This sunscreen is soooooo amazing! It actually has a matte finish that I don't even need a primer anymore because this sunscreen just keeps my face matte (with minimal oil by the end of day). This is amazing for anyone who has oily skin. Also I love how this doesn't feel sticky at all and doesn't have a shiny finish like other sunscreen! The tint is suitable for most skin tones too (maybe not for darker skin tones?).
This is probably something that I would just continue using for the rest of my life because I have never actually found a sunscreen that mattifies my oily face! LOVE!

Upon the recommendation of my dermatologist I wear sunscreen on my face 365 days of the year. I've tried many brands and formulations and this is one of my all-time favourites.

My skin is classic combination but prone to being reactive and therefore ruddy. I love how easy this is to apply (it doesn't feel like chalky sunscreen) and how the subtle tint is, just that, subtle. Perhaps too light for anyone with a darker skin tone?

I apply this after my other PC products and top it off it light dusting of setting powder.

Pros: fluidity, blendability, and doesn't irritate my skin even around the eye area

Cons: pricey

on 6/4/2016 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I didn't like this sunscreen, it was too dry on my combination skin, also I could see some 'orange-tan' color on my face... The tint color wasn't flattering on my skin. I think this product will work really well for VERY oily skin type and if the tint match your skin tone.

on 6/1/2016 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a really nice ZnO ss with the added benefit of lots of anti-ageing ingredients. It's a thin-medium consistency, tinted lotion with no discernible fragrance in a convenient squeeze tube. The tint is sheer; this is not a high coverage tinted ss like Supergoop!'s CC cream or It Cosmetics' spf50 CC cream.

Pros:
-Mineral, w/ ZnO, which I find calms my oily, acneic/rosacean/IPL damaged skin
good everyday UV protection
-does not clog, irritate or break out my skin
-contains anti-oidants and anti-ageing ings
-works well under liquid foundation and powder - no clumping or pilling

Cons:
-Not quite as matte as I would like - I get more shine w/ this than with LRP Mineral spf50, LRP Dry-Touch gel-cream, or PC's renamed Calm Redness Relief Mineral spf30
-color is way too pink for me; looks like calamine lotion on me, but I am super yellow, and I cover this w/ foundation anyway so I don't see the pink.
-slight tendency to crease, but ZnO ss's tend to do this anyway, and this is nowhere near as bad as Cerave's ZnO ss's which crease and clump (and even peel up like Elmer's glue!) very badly.

Overall, excellent everyday ss for oily to normal people looking for a mineral ss w/ some added anti-ageing benefits.