Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.2

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros:
- I'm about NW20-ish and the tint is perfect but very very sheer. Really all it does for me at least is "blur" out my skin but that's to be expected
- keeps my oily skin nice and matte for a reasonable length of time
- very easy on my sensitive skin. No breakouts or redness flare-ups
Cons:
- impossible to wear concealer or powder foundation over it! It does a really weird thing to even the tiniest spot concealing-like it sucks it up or something
- tried a couple of different powder foundations (MUFE and Shiseido) and even applied as lightly as humanly possible they looked awful and caked very badly. Only thing that added any coverage was to very lightly dust LM loose powder over.

I will not repurchase but keep to wear in yard, golf course, beach, etc. I think if it was more of a liquid and less of a cream it might work under makeup. If I didn't want to add any concealer or foundation at all it would be pretty great.

on 2/18/2017 12:55:00 PM

For once I though that maybe I have a sunscreen that will not turn me into an oil slick but nope! Broke me out like crazy. Not just small whiteheads but huge, red, painful bumps. For all the claims that Paula makes, she sure doesn't know how to formulate a product for acne prone skin. So much for ingredients talk.

However if you don't have acne prone skin but do have oily skin, you might want to give it a try.

on 2/14/2017 10:22:00 PM

I've tried this a couple of times. Applied in sufficient amounts, it can get cakey and drying and the color is both pastey and oxidized on my skin. It feels mask-like and is dehydrating as the day goes on. And something in this flares my rosacea big time. When I wear it it tingles and itches and after a couple of days of wear I have sore, red breakouts on my cheeks and neck.

It's a decent amount of zinc oxide and the finish is matte, so worth a try but I'm done trying to make it work.

on 2/9/2017 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

If you hate the chemical smell and oily texture of most sunscreens, this is the one for you. It is a mineral zinc oxide sunscreen that is tinted so you won't get the white cast inherent with physical sunscreens. This is not a tinted moisturizer or foundation so don't expect coverage. You can expect good sun protection with a matte neutral finish. Texture is like a lotion - not thick cream, so it spreads easily. It's great around the eyes - doesn't sting like chemical based formulas or even chemical/physical combination formulas.

on 1/31/2017 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Amazing. I've been on the hunt for the perfect sunscreen for over 8 years, never found one that I was truly happy with. Purchased this on a whim and am so glad I did!

I'm around an NC22 and the colour tint in this SS is perfect. No white cast and no difference between my face and neck in colour. It also evens out my skintone and covers redness so I don't need to use any makeup on top.

I'm normal-dry and despite this SS being geared towards normal/combo/oily types it works fine for me. I use 3 drops of facial oil beforehand (Sunday Riley Juno) and have no issues with it being drying as some have experienced. My face is left with a natural, soft matte look all day.

Consistency is thick but it blends and smooths out on the skin easily. Doesn't feel heavy, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin or cause breakouts. I wish they did this formulation in an SPF50, but I'm happy with the SPF30 still. Expensive (over £30 in the U.K.) but very worth it!

on 1/19/2017 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My another favorite product from PC! It is extremely easy to apply. Very very light, I cannot believe it's a mineral sunscreen! It corrects up my skin tone perfectly without drying too much -- unless you have eczema or flaky areas. My T zone stay super matte all day. And there has not been a single bump on my face after wearing it. Love it! It's even better than my all time favorite NARS because PC doesn't have fragrance in it, my sensitive skin goes along very well with fragrance free moisturizers.

on 12/6/2016 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Love this sunscreen. Didn't break me out. Also tinted for the days when you feel lazy about your face :D

on 12/4/2016 7:28:00 PM

This was awful on my skin.
I have tried many sunscreens over the years (chanel, clarins, bioderma, la roche posay, avene and more) I think this has to be the worst.

It emphasised dry areas and fine lines / was not greasy but was not totally matte either- and I have dry-normal skin / make up did not sit well over this.

It was definitely not worth any hype, will be trying out Caudalie's Soleil Divin Anti-Ageing Face Suncare SPF 50 which I have been meaning to try.

on 11/23/2016 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

After trying out 100s (feels this much!) of facial sunscreens, this one is my absolute favorite! It's about time! I am sent samples all the time because I have my esthetics license. I've tried everything from Oil of Olay to Clinique, from Skinceuticals to SkinMedica, and Andalou Naturals to Jane Iredale, and even a few Japanese sunscreens I ordered straight from Japan (on Amazon).....just to give an idea of the many diverse brands I've tried. I'm 47 years old, and my skin is (still) extremely oily (thanks menopause!), clog and acne prone, sensitive, can easily flake, and it's very pale. I love how light this feels on my skin, and how it's tinted, which helps prevent white casting. The tint is enough to even out my pale skin tone (blends in beautifully), and I add a bit of powder and gloss for a very casual daytime 'my skin but better' look. It wears beautifully under powdered mineral makeup or when I use a foundation stick. While it doesn't control oil, it certainly does not add any or feel at all greasy and heavy on my skin. I should have written this review a couple of years ago, but I still wanted to see what was out there. Physical sunscreen protection is one of the best products to care for your skin to maintain it's youth and prevent photo damage. Sunscreen also protects your investments in skin products and treatments. When I'm asked what is the one product I need to prevent wrinkles and hyperpigmentation, my answer is always sunscreen. This is a full spectrum UVA/UVB, physical sunscreen. EWG rates this as an overall 1.
You can order samples for a very small fee...I suggest ordering a few to try it out for at least a few days...which is how I prefer to try out new products for myself as well as for my clients.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Merp. Not a "universal tint" (what kind of wording is that anyways? low key racist...). I consider my skin to be essentially neutral undertoned (with very very slight yellow tint) and medium in color (as in, medium on the global scale of skin color, not medium for Caucasian skin). That puts me at about a less yellow NC40-42. This sunscreen is wayyyy too pink and pale if you're as dark or darker than myself. And because you really should use 1/4 tsp to get the full protection, it looks absurd. Not as bad as a pure white cast, but still kind of odd and dull. I also have oily skin and this does NOT sit well through the day. It ends up looking kind of pasty by the end of the day and my skin looks greasier than if I use something like Trader Joe's Enrich SPF 15. It's pretty nonirritating, however, so if you're somewhere around NC20-30, you could probably get away with this and it's nice to use only physical sunscreen filters. Wish they offered this in various color ranges. I do appreciate how this doesn't have a totally orange undertone.