Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.2

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

on 7/30/2017 8:07:00 AM

I bought this product because I couldn't buy my usual daily moisturiser as all stockists had run out of stock. I gave this a good chance, and used it for about a month before I got fed up with the following issues:

1. The product separates quickly - every time I squeezed some out of the tube, the oily liquid would come out first
2. It doesn't moisturise at all, yet it felt rather oily when applying. I have combination skin and need moisture on my cheeks. My cheeks were so dry that they felt itchy. It was summer when I used this
3. It is cakey for a tinted moisturiser. I use Benefit Pore-fessional for my primer and this did not work well with my primer
4. It wasn't mattifying. I much prefer my usual moisturiser (Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15+)

I threw out the tube in the end. Shame, because it got such good reviews and was so affordable.

on 6/12/2017 12:27:00 AM

Triple bad...The universal tint is not flattering. Rather a dull beige. Use if you want to look like you are recovering from the flu. Super drying. Even when I apply over squalane, my skin feels tight and dry. The longer I wear the sunscreen the more mask-like it feels. Red bumps. After a few days of consistent wear, I now have red bumps on my cheeks. Not acne. Some kind of rash.

Costly product -- extra costly considering I paid $CND and shipping -- so, I'll use it up on my hands.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

A vert drying, mediocre sunblock that does not even provide enough protection. Paula trashes many products but her own products are sometimes much worse.

on 5/11/2017 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Overpriced and too light a tint for my NC 30-35 skintone. I have combination skin, tending towards dry, but this is also a bit too moisturizing and rich (however, most reviews find it too mattifying and drying and recommend it for oily skin). I don't think it broke me out and I used it extensively last summer. But, I don't think I will repurchase. If I wanted a tint, Roche posay tinted sunscreen is more flattering, easier to blend etc and my skin is more comfortable with it. I found the review of Shizuku2 below very helpful.

I can't imagine there being a better sunscreen available to use on my face than this one. It has a high percentage of zinc oxide (13%) which provides full spectrum protection from UVA and UVB, and is combined with antioxidants for anti aging too. The light tint is perfect on my pale skin and it dries completely matte without any white cast. It works perfectly under foundation as well. I Have used lots and lots of other sunscreens and this one is by far the best I have used on my face. The only down side is that it is a little pricey and I also wish it came in a bigger tube. If you live in Australia and are making your first purchase from Paula's Choice, you can use this code to get a $15 discount: https://goo.gl/m7Ilzc

on 5/16/2017 9:51:00 AM

This product works well on my sensitive skin. Doesn't break me out, and leaves a very matte, dry finish. Not oily at all. If you have dry skin this probably wouldn't work for you. But for oily skin this is great!

on 2/14/2017 10:22:00 PM

I've tried this a couple of times. Applied in sufficient amounts, it can get cakey and drying and the color is both pastey and oxidized on my skin. It feels mask-like and is dehydrating as the day goes on. And something in this flares my rosacea big time. When I wear it it tingles and itches and after a couple of days of wear I have sore, red breakouts on my cheeks and neck.

It's a decent amount of zinc oxide and the finish is matte, so worth a try but I'm done trying to make it work.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

EDIT 3-9-17: Ended up returning. Just couldn't get over the caking and discovered it was causing red welts and itching. I've NEVER had luck with any physical sunscreens and keep falling for the idea they are better for sensitive skin. Not Me. I will continue search for gentle, chemical sunscreen!

Pros:
- I'm about NW20-ish and the tint is perfect but very very sheer. Really all it does for me at least is "blur" out my skin but that's to be expected
- keeps my oily skin nice and matte for a reasonable length of time
- very easy on my sensitive skin. No breakouts or redness flare-ups
Cons:
- impossible to wear concealer or powder foundation over it! It does a really weird thing to even the tiniest spot concealing-like it sucks it up or something
- tried a couple of different powder foundations (MUFE and Shiseido) and even applied as lightly as humanly possible they looked awful and caked very badly. Only thing that added any coverage was to very lightly dust LM loose powder over.

I will not repurchase but keep to wear in yard, golf course, beach, etc. I think if it was more of a liquid and less of a cream it might work under makeup. If I didn't want to add any concealer or foundation at all it would be pretty great.

on 2/18/2017 12:55:00 PM

For once I though that maybe I have a sunscreen that will not turn me into an oil slick but nope! Broke me out like crazy. Not just small whiteheads but huge, red, painful bumps. For all the claims that Paula makes, she sure doesn't know how to formulate a product for acne prone skin. So much for ingredients talk.

However if you don't have acne prone skin but do have oily skin, you might want to give it a try.

on 3/12/2017 3:45:00 PM

This is not a sunscreen you would wear under foundation. It's best on its own. Unless you're very oily, you probably won't even need powder over top. It dries to a matte finish and does a great job of evening out your skin, just like a foundation would. I think someone with oily skin would like this. I have normal to oily skin (oily t-zone), and I found this too mattifying for me. I prefer the Paula's Choice Hydralight SPF30 mineral sunscreen. It's beautiful under foundation. I've gone through six tubes so far, and I will continue to buy it. I haven't found anything I like better!