Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.2

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

A vert drying, mediocre sunblock that does not even provide enough protection. Paula trashes many products but her own products are sometimes much worse.

on 3/12/2017 3:45:00 PM

This is not a sunscreen you would wear under foundation. It's best on its own. Unless you're very oily, you probably won't even need powder over top. It dries to a matte finish and does a great job of evening out your skin, just like a foundation would. I think someone with oily skin would like this. I have normal to oily skin (oily t-zone), and I found this too mattifying for me. I prefer the Paula's Choice Hydralight SPF30 mineral sunscreen. It's beautiful under foundation. I've gone through six tubes so far, and I will continue to buy it. I haven't found anything I like better!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

EDIT 3-9-17: Ended up returning. Just couldn't get over the caking and discovered it was causing red welts and itching. I've NEVER had luck with any physical sunscreens and keep falling for the idea they are better for sensitive skin. Not Me. I will continue search for gentle, chemical sunscreen!

Pros:
- I'm about NW20-ish and the tint is perfect but very very sheer. Really all it does for me at least is "blur" out my skin but that's to be expected
- keeps my oily skin nice and matte for a reasonable length of time
- very easy on my sensitive skin. No breakouts or redness flare-ups
Cons:
- impossible to wear concealer or powder foundation over it! It does a really weird thing to even the tiniest spot concealing-like it sucks it up or something
- tried a couple of different powder foundations (MUFE and Shiseido) and even applied as lightly as humanly possible they looked awful and caked very badly. Only thing that added any coverage was to very lightly dust LM loose powder over.

I will not repurchase but keep to wear in yard, golf course, beach, etc. I think if it was more of a liquid and less of a cream it might work under makeup. If I didn't want to add any concealer or foundation at all it would be pretty great.

on 2/18/2017 12:55:00 PM

For once I though that maybe I have a sunscreen that will not turn me into an oil slick but nope! Broke me out like crazy. Not just small whiteheads but huge, red, painful bumps. For all the claims that Paula makes, she sure doesn't know how to formulate a product for acne prone skin. So much for ingredients talk.

However if you don't have acne prone skin but do have oily skin, you might want to give it a try.

on 2/14/2017 10:22:00 PM

I've tried this a couple of times. Applied in sufficient amounts, it can get cakey and drying and the color is both pastey and oxidized on my skin. It feels mask-like and is dehydrating as the day goes on. And something in this flares my rosacea big time. When I wear it it tingles and itches and after a couple of days of wear I have sore, red breakouts on my cheeks and neck.

It's a decent amount of zinc oxide and the finish is matte, so worth a try but I'm done trying to make it work.

on 2/9/2017 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

If you hate the chemical smell and oily texture of most sunscreens, this is the one for you. It is a mineral zinc oxide sunscreen that is tinted so you won't get the white cast inherent with physical sunscreens. This is not a tinted moisturizer or foundation so don't expect coverage. You can expect good sun protection with a matte neutral finish. Texture is like a lotion - not thick cream, so it spreads easily. It's great around the eyes - doesn't sting like chemical based formulas or even chemical/physical combination formulas.

on 1/31/2017 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Amazing. I've been on the hunt for the perfect sunscreen for over 8 years, never found one that I was truly happy with. Purchased this on a whim and am so glad I did!

I'm around an NC22 and the colour tint in this SS is perfect. No white cast and no difference between my face and neck in colour. It also evens out my skintone and covers redness so I don't need to use any makeup on top.

I'm normal-dry and despite this SS being geared towards normal/combo/oily types it works fine for me. I use 3 drops of facial oil beforehand (Sunday Riley Juno) and have no issues with it being drying as some have experienced. My face is left with a natural, soft matte look all day.

Consistency is thick but it blends and smooths out on the skin easily. Doesn't feel heavy, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin or cause breakouts. I wish they did this formulation in an SPF50, but I'm happy with the SPF30 still. Expensive (over £30 in the U.K.) but very worth it!

on 1/19/2017 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My another favorite product from PC! It is extremely easy to apply. Very very light, I cannot believe it's a mineral sunscreen! It corrects up my skin tone perfectly without drying too much -- unless you have eczema or flaky areas. My T zone stay super matte all day. And there has not been a single bump on my face after wearing it. Love it! It's even better than my all time favorite NARS because PC doesn't have fragrance in it, my sensitive skin goes along very well with fragrance free moisturizers.

on 12/6/2016 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Love this sunscreen. Didn't break me out. Also tinted for the days when you feel lazy about your face :D

on 12/4/2016 7:28:00 PM

This was awful on my skin.
I have tried many sunscreens over the years (chanel, clarins, bioderma, la roche posay, avene and more) I think this has to be the worst.

It emphasised dry areas and fine lines / was not greasy but was not totally matte either- and I have dry-normal skin / make up did not sit well over this.

It was definitely not worth any hype, will be trying out Caudalie's Soleil Divin Anti-Ageing Face Suncare SPF 50 which I have been meaning to try.