Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Filtered by age: 19-24
Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

on 12/6/2016 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Love this sunscreen. Didn't break me out. Also tinted for the days when you feel lazy about your face :D

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Merp. Not a "universal tint" (what kind of wording is that anyways? low key racist...). I consider my skin to be essentially neutral undertoned (with very very slight yellow tint) and medium in color (as in, medium on the global scale of skin color, not medium for Caucasian skin). That puts me at about a less yellow NC40-42. This sunscreen is wayyyy too pink and pale if you're as dark or darker than myself. And because you really should use 1/4 tsp to get the full protection, it looks absurd. Not as bad as a pure white cast, but still kind of odd and dull. I also have oily skin and this does NOT sit well through the day. It ends up looking kind of pasty by the end of the day and my skin looks greasier than if I use something like Trader Joe's Enrich SPF 15. It's pretty nonirritating, however, so if you're somewhere around NC20-30, you could probably get away with this and it's nice to use only physical sunscreen filters. Wish they offered this in various color ranges. I do appreciate how this doesn't have a totally orange undertone.

on 9/12/2016 8:05:00 AM

I am about to finish my first tube of PC Resist super light sunscreen. Initially I used it during winter and it was too drying and mattifying on my combo skin without any moisturizer underneath. I tried it in summer at a tropical country and I would say I've found the best physical sunscreen that won't sensitize my eye and nose area nor does it melt/sweat off your skin. I get a bit of a glow in the tropics around the afternoon but why not show of that glowing skin? The tint is a bit too pink for my NC20 skin but the color disappears after a while. This sunscreen smooths over my pores and make them look smaller. It has little to no coverage. The only down side is that after applying this sunscreen, when I use MUFE waterproof concealer on my blemishes, it doesn't apply well. The product moves around a bit during application. But when you leave it for a second, it becomes dry and it sets. This sunscreen is my everyday tinted moisturizer with SPF. I'm trying to mix it in with my other physical sunscreen and some foundation to set off the tint and its been working. Try out different combinations if it doesn't work for you but you want to give it a try. I only wish they make it in different tints. PC always has sales going on, so if you wait a bit, you can get it cheaper. Cheers!

PROS
- Controls oil
- Doesn't sweat off
- Smooths over pores
- Contains ingredients that are good for skin
- SPF 30 for daily use even in the tropics

CONS
- Pinkish tone
- Price

TIPS
- This formula is better suited for combo to oily skin. If you find it drying, use some moisturizer underneath or mix it in with your other moisturizing sunscreen.
- To off set the pinky shade, mix with foundation like CoverFX custom cover drops or your current foundation.
- Wait for sale events to get some discount

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent).

Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane (hydration), PEG-12 Dimethicone (texture enhancer), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (texture enhancer), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent),Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Trihydroxystearin (texture-enhancing), Dimethicone Crosspolymer ( suspending agent), Resveratrol (antioxidants), Quercetin (antioxidants), Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (skin-restoring), Bisabolol (skin-soothing), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (skin-soothing), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haematococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (texture-enhancing/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (texture-enhancing), Hydrated Silica (texture-enhancing/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (texture enhancer), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient texture enhancer), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol (preservatives), Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Ethylhexylglycerin (preservatives), Iron Oxide (CI77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

on 7/3/2016 7:35:00 PM

I really like this sunscreen! I have oily-combo skin and was looking for a matte-finish, but non drying facial sunscreen. This has a universal tint which works well with my skin, and adds the slightest hint of coverage. My skin is oily enough for me to wear this alone (without moisturizer), and it works well with some concealer on top and a light dusting of powder. It keeps me pretty matte all day and I barely need to touch up.

However, I have tried wearing this by itself with foundation on top, and my skin got uncomfortably dry. If you are a foundation user, make sure to put on lotion underneath. I find that the mattifying effect doesn't work as well with moisturizer under, so play around with it and find what routine works best for you. I've been using it for 2-3 weeks and it hasn't broken me out or irritated my skin.

My only concern with this is the price - it is $32 USD and I live in Canada, so the conversion rates are a little ridiculous. Plus they tack on a $5.00 brokerage fee to each order, so I end up paying around $50+CAD for a bottle of this. I think I would only repurchase if there was a good sale.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This sunscreen is soooooo amazing! It actually has a matte finish that I don't even need a primer anymore because this sunscreen just keeps my face matte (with minimal oil by the end of day). This is amazing for anyone who has oily skin. Also I love how this doesn't feel sticky at all and doesn't have a shiny finish like other sunscreen! The tint is suitable for most skin tones too (maybe not for darker skin tones?).
This is probably something that I would just continue using for the rest of my life because I have never actually found a sunscreen that mattifies my oily face! LOVE!

Disclaimer: I am writing this review after only purchasing the sample size of this product.

For reference, I have dehydrated skin that gets very oily throughout the day. I used this product once and it not only made my skin feel tight and dry, but it definitely accentuated dry patches on my skin. I really wanted to love this product because the tint looked really great, but it was just too drying for me to purchase the full size! If you have very oily skin, I think this would work great for you; stay away if you have any dryness, though!

on 8/22/2015 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this soo much! This is the only sunscreen I've tried that doesn't break me out. It goes on matte and stays quite matte throughout the day (some people say it's very "drying") without seeming flat. It doesn't irritate my eyes at all (I use it right under my eyes and sometimes on my eyelids). The sheer tint reduces redness and creates a smoother complexion. It is a little pricey but it lasts many months (~4) and is worth it.
I put it on after cleansing, toning (PC skin balancing), and exfoliating (PC Clear regular strength).

on 7/28/2015 6:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Wow. This is an exceptional physical sunscreen - for all skin types. There is no shine or white cast, it's not drying, and it's non irritating and hasn't caused any breakouts. Oh, and when I use this, the redness and discolouration on my face is less evident (even when I remove it I mean). This does have a tint, but not enough to provide any real colour. If anything, it functions like an extremely lightweight tinted moisturiser. I like to wear it with alone or under makeup, as it makes no difference to the finish or longevity of my makeup. This does have an odd smell, kind of like liquorice... but not sweet. I can't say I'm fond of it, but it doesn't hinder the quality of the product, and the scent dissipates once I've finished applying it. I really can't say enough good things about this. I was previously using Shiseido city block spf30, which was great, but it still left a slight sheen and the alcohol content worried me.

I really wanted to love this sunscreen, and I did for a while, but whenever I use this consistently I get tiny bumps all over my skin. It's great for oily skin because it dries to a matte finish, and it would have been a holy grail for me.

I've tried it on several different occasion but always get the stubborn little bumps that take a few weeks to resolve- I'm thinking I must have a sensitivity to one of the ingredients.

Still on the hunt for a good sunscreen for oily skin.

I have super oily skin and I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this sunscreen!! I prefer mineral sunscreens because they are way less irritating, but they are usually pretty shiny. But this is matte! How did they do that?! It does have a slight tint to it but won't give you any coverage, though I like to mix a little creme foundation into it and it looks great (foundation+sunscreen+antioxidants= hell yes!). I think the tint might be apparent on people who are really pale or really dark, but for most people it's fine. I've gone through like 4 bottles and just got 2 more.