4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

I love Café au lait - I was expecting brown but it is more of a pinky brown (running kinda pink on me) with no shimmer which I needed - a lot of the other glosses from MK have shimmer or sparkle or glitter so this is a great, slick, neutral gloss. Must reapply throughout the day, but very easy to wear. Mid priced (check ebay for MK ladies who are GOOB.)

About reviewer (2440 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

4 months ago

This is a flattering neutral color that anyone can wear. It's not sticky and my lips feel moisturized when using this lip gloss.

About reviewer (174 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

EyesBrown

4 months ago

I haven't purchased Mary Kay items in a long while, but while decluttering my makeup collection I found a new unopened tube of this lip gloss and recently began using it again. I remember in the past I had purchased this more than once, so overall I do like it. This doesn't last long on the lips, however, and will need to be reapplied after drinking/eating. The color is very MLBB on my skintone, and I pair this up with the NYX slim lip liner in Mahogany for a touch darker brown look. I probably would repurchase again, if I find another Mary Kay rep near me.

About reviewer (90 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

a year ago

Mary Kay constantly changes their packaging (I think to force customers and reps to buy new cassettes, etc.) The new Nourishine is a tube that is flared out at the bottom, unlike the last version, a straight tube that fit in their platinum cassettes. It's a small tube for the price. The color Cafe au Lait is not brown entirely, it's a rose brown YLBB and it's a great color. It's rather like another color in the series Pink Parfait, which is pinker, less brown. Unlike previous tubes, it does not leak. Like previous glosses, it's thick and stays on well. Some of their colors have a lot of gritty glitter but this one doesn't. I wish they had more creme colors with no glitter but I like their glosses better than almost any other brand. I'm not a Mary Kay addict but they have a few items that I find are some of the best. Their issue is that they are not inexpensive and they discontinue things constantly.

About reviewer (241 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

7 years ago

I really like the color and the consistency of the gloss. It is a pinky-brown nude color with no shimmer or sparkle, that will undoubtedly look better on warmer skin tones because it will pull more pink than brown, and give that pretty nude look on the lips. On cooler skin tones, it pulls more brown, but as it fades, the color begins to look more natural. This gloss is not very sticky, which is a plus, but still lasts a decent amount of time before reapplication is needed. It has a vanilla scent/taste that may be off-putting to some, but once it's applied, the smell goes away. You can taste it for a little while, though, which is why I gave it 4 lippies. The lip gloss tube is small, which it makes it pocket portable, but it is a little pricey for the amount you get. It costs $14 USD and contains .15 fluid ounces. I said I would repurchase and I will definitely repurchase a gloss from the Nourishine collection, but probably not this color. As pretty as I think it looks, this doesn't deliver the "nude" look I'm going for, so I will continue to search for my HG nude gloss.

About reviewer (463 reviews)

Age36-43