ULTA Salon Formula Nail Lacquer Topcoat

ULTA Salon Formula Nail Lacquer Topcoat

3.0

on 11/12/2015 2:01:00 PM

As far as the product in the bottle, this is a good, no-frills top coat. It dries quickly and gives a nice, shiny finish. It doesn't have any special properties, but as a standard top coat that doesn't cost much, it's good. My main complaint is with the bottle. Ulta polishes come in the same shape bottle as the old Nails, Inc. bottles- cylindrical, with the top brush part being just as wide as the bottle. It's hard to hold and hard to maneuver. A bottle redesign would be welcome!

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is by far THEE BEST top coat I have ever used. I do my own manicures. I paint my nails and use the ULTA clear top coat to seal it and make it last. It provides a high shine and my manicure lasts for over a week without chipping. I am a mother so I wash a lot of dishes daily. I am also constantly washing my hands at work because I work with the public. My nails stay beautiful for almost two weeks sometimes, without a chip! THIS STUFF IS THE BEST!

on 7/24/2013 6:55:00 PM

A friend told me clear polish is not the same as a top coat and that I needed one. I like Ulta's base coat, so I picked this up for $2 on sale. The only 'pro' to this is that it adds shine, but any clear coat would. This formula is thick and gloppy, doesn't go on evenly and is slow to completely dry/set - shows every dent, smudge and fingerprint. Worst of all, it dries with bubbles every damn time. What is the point of a top coat with bubbles?! Awful.