Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder

Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder
One Heck of a Blot PowderSoap & Glory One Heck of Blot Face PowderOne Heck of a Blot PowderOne Heck of a Blot PowderOne Heck of a Blot Powder

4.4

Talc, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mica, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Calcium Carbonate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methicone, Tribehenin, Ceramide 2, PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77492/CI 77491/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines)

on 2/3/2018 10:32:00 PM

I got this on clearance at Target for $5.98...its a solid 3.8 stars...I normally carry MAC's Next to Nothing Powder, or KVD Blot Compact with me. I wanted one to carry in my little bag when I go to the gym, and just have handy if I were to run into Starbucks or somewhere real quick after working out, to kinda freshen up. I have used this one by S&G for a few days and I like it, but it's not better than the 2 I previously mentioned, but it's certainly cheaper! Even at full retail I think it's about $12 ish?. .. It's a decent product, but I doubt I would ever purchase it for $12-13, I would rather put in some more $ and get one I know is 5 stars all the way around..the hinge seems really cheap and I can pretty much guarantee it will break off before you can use this up.. . I will definitely use it up, and if you find it on clearance at Target it's worth it.

on 1/3/2018 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this at target for maybe... $12 which is a bit more expensive than other DS options. I like it so far, it does a good job of controlling oil without looking cakey. I use it on my bare skin, and over sunscreen and have also used it over foundation. I repowder maybe once 4-6 hours later, and it doesn't look cakey either. I also like that it doesn't leave a white cast on me as some other powders (looking at you wet n' wild) have. As of right now, I would repurchase.
Update only a few weeks after purchasing- I already hit pan! Too soon in my eyes so I don’t think I’ll repurchase it. It just runs out too fast and for the price, I’d rather get a nyx or elf powder.

on 6/11/2017 5:55:00 PM

It's ok. It didn't control my shine at all really. I want something with a lot more coverage. It didn't break me out, but it didn't really do much except make my foundation look decent for about 15 minutes.

on 6/3/2017 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to like this powder so much, but I just don't...it doesn't compare to my beloved Rimmel StayMatte powder at all. It also comes in only one shade (what is up with that, S&G? Come join the 21st century...) and that shade is not a very good match for my neutral/cool skin -- it leaned yellow/gray on me, but luckily it's not too noticeable because it's summer and my face is a little darker from sun? Idk. This powder also clung to a pesky dry patch on my chin, which Rimmel never does. I've been trying to use this up because it wasn't cheap ($14 at Target), but I definitely wouldn't repurchase.

on 2/17/2017 6:39:00 PM

Love this powder!!!!!!! My search for the perfect finishing/blotting powder is over. I have used/tried many powders over the years; Rimmel Stay Matte, Mac Blot, Revlon, Nars, and Laura Mercier, among others. This powder makes my skin look almost flawless, and I haven't had any issues with caking. Best of all, Soap & Glory doesn't test on animals!

on 10/27/2016 1:25:00 PM

Hi Guys,

I bought this powder thinking it was the one that everyone raves about online...oh what a shame and BIG disappointment. It is NOT translucent at all. It leaves a white cast and looks very cakey; even if you just use a little. I feel it sinks into your fine lines rather than blur out your imperfections. I've tried using different types of brushes and even a sponge but each time, my make-up just looked horrid. I can't even say if it blocks out shine as the white cast makes me look like a ghost and therefore I just end up washing my face. I bought it for £12 from Boots. Wish I had tried a sample or something first as now the only place for the powder is the flippin' bin! Grrrr! If anyone knows of a 'good' powder, please do let me know.

Would I buy again...NO!
Would I recommend...NO

on 10/18/2016 1:00:00 PM

I switched from my beloved Mac studio careblend to this as its so good, it doesn't dry out my skin, looks natural and best of all it stops my foundation from separating. Best powder ive used, holy grail.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I absolutely ADORE this power and the primer in the same range. I had problems with foundations separating on my oily nose for years, and the 'one heck of a blot' powder and primer combo seems to do the trick perfectly.

It's honestly as good as products I've used that cost three times as much- Fabulous value for money. Soap and glory, you guys are killing it!

on 8/9/2016 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really love this product ! I have an oily skin and it helps my skin stay matt. Everyday I just use primer, bb cream, conclear and this powder so my face seems so bright and not oily anymore in about 4 or 5 hours
I will repurchase it, it's not white, it's bright

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got this a few months ago and already hit pan on it. I have many setting powders and loose powders but recently this has been my favorite. Keeps me matte for at least four hours, which means a lot bc I am the type that gets oily less than an hr without powder. Esp in the sweaty, humid, hot nyc weather

Will repurchase this and would def recommend to friends.
Oily gals out there, you're in luck!