Younique Moodstruck Pigment- Sexy

3.3

on 5/29/2016 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I also want to say something about the people talking about it not working for them, they are not pressed shallows so there IS learning curve. Also, any eyeshadow whether it's mineral, pressed, or cream shadow NEED a primer to get the true pigmentation and the starting power. Period. Even when things were manufactured in China (which nothing is now), it was actually still under strict European guidelines, and no animal testing. Currently, there is nothing manufactured in China, most is in the US, all are cruelty free, chemical-free, paraben free, hypoallergenic, and all-natural products (many being gluten free, soy-free, vegan, and organic). With all that being said, the pricing is close to other prestige brands (with many items less, and some more), you areally helping a person earn income, and you areally getting products free of nasty chemicals. Say what you want, but when it's one of the few companies of makeup my rheumatologist recommended, I'm going to trust it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Another item I got to try, in the full palette was the Moodstruck Eye Addiction Shadow. The colors I got are great for me and my skin tone and the colors in the case were:

Tickled a rosy orangish brown
Ecstatic shimmery gold
Determined is light coffee color
Smitten creamy gold with shimmer
Flippant tannish brown
Cheeky is darker gold shimmer and
IRate is a deep chocolate brown

I used them tonight for an out to dinner look. More of a smokey eye. The colors I used were Irate for the crease and corners. The lids I used Smitten for the inner lids and for a added sparkle I used just a bit of Cheeky in the middle of my eyelids. Finished off with my fiber lashes and my eyes were rocking!!

The best part was, it's super easy to apply, doesn't crease like most shadows do, and actually lasted all night. Love my new eyeshadows!!

To Read all 19 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Okay so the loose pigments in shimmer are AMAZING! Unfortunately a lot of the reviews are from people who don't know a thing about applying loose pigments, they're not like a pressed shadow so there's definitely a learning curve if you're not used to a loose pigment. I'm a Makeup artist, and collector and am a Presenter because I can use the discount! Yes some presenters can be pushy but there's a lot of us who aren't. I definitely prefer the shimmer pigments and I own so many brands I mean Mac, Urban Decay, Too Faced, CK, Elizabeth Arden, Tigi, Laura Geller, Smashbox, Dior and many more. As far as price and people saying there too expensive really? Maybe compared to ELF or NYC or crappy drugstore products but @ $12.50 compared to $22 from Mac it's really not that expensive and a little goes a long way. Bottom line they're great and they aren't made in China any longer they are made in the USA and compared to Bare Minerals they're a much better value. If you can't take the time to learn how to apply them then I'd recommend getting an Addiction Palette but honestly the color variety and pigmentation is definitely worth learning. Even if I were not a Presenter I'd still repurchase because they're fabulous. And as far as the chick who said she never got paid that's a bunch of crap because they pay within 3 hours from the purchase. Yes it's a Direct Sales company but so is Tyra, Mary Kay and many others thst don't hold a candle to the pigmentation. My advice try it, they offer a 14 day guarantee and even after that you have up to 90 days to exchange. I own all 34 colors and hope they come out with even more.

on 2/17/2016 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was a presenter for a year ; the high cost of this product is down to the pyramid selling method which means everyone gets a cut of your sales .

I dont dislike Sexy - but you can get other products with a better finish and NOT manufactured in China where there are terrible problems with animal testing and the rights of human workforces .

As a colour , its OK - but its a highlighter and highlighters can be much cheaper and just as effective - the packaging is irritating - its a "pepper pot " which shakes out either too little or too much unless you take the seal off completely .

I fell for the hype - I have yet to be paid - as a product its a so so product with better ones available - as a selling system - it just sucks you in - dont be a sucker .

First of all I had never used a Pigment before buying Younique set of four pigments in Sexy , Daring , Confident and angelic. I also bought the Glorious primer which is My #1 beauty product now and forever ! I will be doing a review on that next! I apply the primer all over my face and then swipe the leftover primer onto my eyelids not too much but make sure its even. I can NEVER EVER keep eye makeup on my eyes ! no matter what product I have used ! I liked MAC , Lancome , and estee lauder before trying younique . They very first thing I noticed was the amazing color saturation on my lids ! I used very very little maybe because of the primer , The color blended easily and I got better results than with anything I ever used before ! After the first week my applications got better and better , as this is pigment it takes practice to get the look you want but once you do it is truly life changing ! I also like that this is more natural than most makeup , My daughter and I are actually doing a school project on Dangerous chemicals in makeup and we found really nasty stuff even in the higher end products ! and there is LEAD in almost all lipsticks and 90% of halloween makeup !!! So now we have switched to using Younique for good ! at the end of the day the mascara ( 3D fiber lash kit ) was still perfect and my eyelids were not smudged or even creased !!!! Crazy perfect, I even slept in it once and woke up to perfect eyeshadow and eyelashes ! Even the eyeliner barley smudged ! Incredible !!! I talked to a makeup artist ( working on a wedding I am doing photography for) and she said its incredible quality makeup and that most people just do not take the time to learn how to use it ! ALSO A WARNING !!! NEVER EVER BUY YOUNIQUQ FROM AMAZON OR EBAY !!!! It is against their policy and therefore most is knockoff product made on china with heavy metals and chemicals ! Always buy through a Younique presenter ! If you find a good presenter she will help you with application tips and you will be a pro before you know it! Plus Younique has a 14 day money back guarantee !!!! WOW thats amazing!

I like the loose pigments, but the cost is off putting. I understand they are animal and environmentallc friendly... but I would buy a lot more if their products were more affirdable.

For those with complaints of fall out, try spraying your eyeshadow brushes with water, rosewater or MAC's primer spray before applying.

on 3/25/2015 1:08:00 PM

I have bought about 5 of the Younique shadow pigments now and they barely show up! I'm a huge fan of Urban Decay, MAC, and Too-faced shadows....Younique does not even come close to having that kind of pigmentation. Honestly, it's the worst shadow I've ever purchased.

on 3/11/2015 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a mediocre product. A friend of mine was having a party and I've been trying to build my pigment collection, so I purchased the set of four. The service was a disaster, but that's a different story. The shadows are really pretty shades and seem like they have heavy pigmentation, but they're kinda somewhere between eyeshadow and a pigment. I definitely felt that mac or nyx were better quality. I got the shadows in January and is about a quarter gone already, which points to the fact that they really aren't that dense. I tap my brush a few times in the cap when I apply them. The other issue is that without primer they'll be faded in a few hours. With primer I'll have decent coverage throughout the work day. Won't be repurchasing, but I'll finish what I ordered.

on 3/8/2015 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Honest opinion...
I have long eye lashes i just got this product to thicken them and try for a fuller look...
This product honestly looked like the results i got from cheap wal-mart mascara.. only difference is wal-mart mascara is a hell of a lot cheaper..
This product really irritated my eyes and i struggled to get it off without having my eyelashes fall out.
I was very disappointed with this product.

I would never personally buy this product again

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I think Younique stinks. I don't like their products at all. These pigments are messy and fall all over my face. Yuck. I'm also sick of scammy MLM companies and the way that their "presenters" push their crap and blow up my Facebook timeline.