Kiehl's Rosa Arctica Eye Cream

No Image

2.6

on 3/24/2018 12:16:00 PM

I have tried lots of eye creams as decided to try this one because I love the Rosa Arctica lightweight cream. It smells nice and has a thick, waxy, balm texture. For days, I tend to not think this is enough to address my puffiness. I usually dab some on on the bottom of my eye/top of cheek area after using a depuffing cream on the puffy spots since that tends to be not moisturizing enough. It's very nice for a night eye cream. This is pretty expensive, but I plan to buy again unless I find something cheaper I like as much. A comparable product is Bobbi Brown extra eye cream, but that is $76!!!

on 9/1/2015 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I find this product is not the best at reducing my puffiness nor does it take away discoloration under my eye either. It is a good moisturizer but that is about all I can say that is good regarding this eye cream. In all reality you do not have to spend this much for just a moisturizer. I used to use their very effective Abyssine Eye Cream which was discontinued and got this instead but it is not as good. I now use other less costly moisturizers for my eye area. Olay Regenerist is great at repairing and is half the cost and it works. I also dot Cerave around my eye for surface moisture. Save your money unless you like to give it away just for a prestige brand.

I mean I think it's a good but overpriced cream. Took my puffiness away

on 9/30/2013 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

NC25 Chinese, arid climate, slight crepey eyes in inner corners.

Wish I could tell you more.. but after a few seconds... IT BURNZZZZ MEEEEEE. I don't typically have sensitive eyes. So the next night, I'm like why not try again to see if it's a fluke.. put it a bit farther away from the eye.. ok, not bad, bring it closer to the eye... oh ok.. not bad.. 1-2-3 seconds later.. BURNZZZZZZ... WTF why don't I learn.

The good news is the sensation goes away after a 15-30seconds and no irritating red marks left behind, but I'm sure I can find an eye cream w/out the extra sensory experience.

I'm 29 and have been quite lucky to not yet experience extremely noticeable signs of ageing however around jan 2012 I noticed that I was beginning to get fine lines under my right eye- I think it was from smiling but not as bad as crows feet. There was one line that seemed like it was engraved on my face every time I smiled. In addition I have dark circles, which I inherited from my mom, so as you can imagine my eyes have a tendency to look tired. I started using kiehls rosa arctica eye around June 2013 religiously every day and I pair it with kiehls midnight recovery eye during the night. I know that products take time to be effective and yesterday morning I noticed that my dark circles are visibly lighter and the fine line I had under my right eye had disappeared completely. This is just before i showered so i had nothing on my face at all. I cannot think of any other reason why this would happen except for these two products.. I can't say this is how you are meant to use it but having tried it for the first time together seems to work perfectly on me. They are both small but you only need to use a little. They are also quite expensive but I think it's worth it especially if you use it daily and still have plenty left over for many more days to come. Changes definitely won't happen overnight but from my experience it did happen.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this on a whim as my first ever eye cream, and I hated it! The texture is very thick and almost balmy, there is no noticeable smell. Immediately after applying my eyes were stinging and the skin was tingling a little. I figured that was normal since it was my first time using eye cream. The next day when I woke up my eyes were puffy. I saw no difference in the appearance of my under eyes. I used this every night for a week and saw no positive change. The skin was not any softer. There was no brightening effect. During the whole week my eyes felt very heavy as if I was tired. The heaviness went away as soon as I stopped using the product. I definitely recommend getting a sample before blindly buying this like I did!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I'd never thought of using eye cream; but I got this in a Birchbox and figured why not. At 35, I feel like my eyes look OK, but the beauty-biz wisdom seems to be that you need to start using eye cream at age 20. So, okay then. I did not notice one bit of difference with this cream. Not one bit. There's nothing wrong with it -- the texture and smell are fine, it feels nice going on, and there's even a nice cooling effect. But it didn't DO anything for me. Either my eyes are in better shape than I thought or this product isn't very good.